No Delphi installed

I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] which is called "Rad
Studio"...but apparently I do not have Delphi 2010...can I download it
and install it...if so is there a license number that is different from
bcb 2010???
0
charles
3/6/2012 2:29:11 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

charles leggette wrote:

>I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004]

Not sure what you mean by "bcb2004". I believe that the latest product
in 2004 was CBX, but it is hard to believe that you started with that
- it was the first release of the cross-platform IDE that was
rebranded as CBuilder 2005 before being dropped by Borland under a
rising tide of protest since it did not support VCL and seemed to be
aimed primarily at the fading Symbian OS. I assume that Nokia may have
provided some initial funding, but that is speculation.

>which is called "Rad Studio"

Certainly not in 2004. Borland Developer Studio, containing both
C++Builder and Delphi was released in 2006 (or late 2005) and was the
first to combine the two. The first release of RAD Studio was
Delphi/Builder 2007, and at the time the two were released separately,
so it was possible to purchase only C++ Builder and have that part of
RAD Studio.

>...but apparently I do not have Delphi 2010

Do you have a license for it? AFAIK, RAD Studio has always been
released with separate licenses for its parts. If you originally had
BDS 2007 and later purchased an upgrade to a later version, you would
have had to pay extra to get both Builder and Delphi licenses. You can
do so either individually or purchase them as a package by purchasing
RAD Studio.

>...can I download it

Yes. The download includes both Delphi and C++ Builder.

>and install it...

If you have a license for it. The installer asks for the serial
numbers of the products you choose to install.

>if so is there a license number that is different from bcb 2010???

Yes.

If you purchased Delphi, then you should have a license for it. The
fact that an earlier licensed version included both Builder and Delphi
does not guarantee that your current version does - it depends on what
you purchased when you upgraded.

If you bought the original copy of RAD Studio or BDS with both Builder
and Delphi included along with SA and kept your SA contract paid up
over the intervening years, then you would have received licenses for
both when you last received your Builder license, so check for the
e-mail sent with the Builder license. If your SA contract has since
ended, you are not guaranteed the right to download and install a
product, but if you can find the serial number it will probably work.

 - Leo
0
Leo
3/6/2012 3:28:54 PM
What about this?

I have C++ Builder XE2 installed and now upgraded that to full Rad Studio XE2 using this 99€ deal.
Using the license key that I received I was able to download and install Delphi XE2.
When starting Delphi it asks for registration key. I typed the key that allowed me to install it.
But now this registration wizard says it's an upgrade license which requires an existing earlier version of Delphi. Which I do not have, since I only had C++ Builder installed.

What should I do to get Delphi, RadPHP and the whole RAD Studio registered?

Edited by: Panu Hassi on Apr 30, 2012 11:30 AM

Edited by: Panu Hassi on Apr 30, 2012 11:45 AM
0
Panu
4/30/2012 6:46:11 PM
Panu Hassi <> wrote:

>What should I do to get Delphi, RadPHP
>and the whole RAD Studio registered?

Probably post a new thread so it doesn't look like you are simply
answering someone else's question. Embarcadero employees are supposed
to monitor this forum for actual install issues.

Or you might want to contact support directly since there should not
be a charge for an install issue.

 - Leo
0
Leo
5/1/2012 4:24:14 PM
> {quote:title=Leo Siefert wrote:}{quote}
> Panu Hassi <> wrote:
>
> >What should I do to get Delphi, RadPHP
> >and the whole RAD Studio registered?
>
> Probably post a new thread so it doesn't look like you are simply
> answering someone else's question. Embarcadero employees are supposed
> to monitor this forum for actual install issues.
>
> Or you might want to contact support directly since there should not
> be a charge for an install issue.

If a product cannot be registered don't you think that's an install issue?

I did send email to the local company that sold me this upgrade.
Hopefully will get an answer tomorrow.
0
Panu
5/1/2012 6:50:20 PM
Panu Hassi <> wrote:

>If a product cannot be registered
>don't you think that's an install issue?

Of course it is. That's why I suggested posting a new thread so that
your post actually gets noticed by someone. Here you are simply
posting another reply to something that has already been answered.
Such posts are commonly ignored by folks without a lot of time to
waste.

>I did send email to the local company that sold me this upgrade.
>Hopefully will get an answer tomorrow.

Unless that local company is a part of Embarcadero they are unlikely
to be able to help.

 - Leo
0
Leo
5/2/2012 12:56:13 PM
> Unless that local company is a part of Embarcadero they are unlikely
> to be able to help.

Correct. After some email swapping they suggested contacting Embarcadero support, which I did.
Let's see what happens next...
0
Panu
5/2/2012 4:35:20 PM
Thanks to Embarcadero support I got my Rad Studio working.
So what was the reason my registration failed?
I had tried to "upgrade" from C++ Builder Enterprise to Rad Studio Professional.
Product editions didn't match, user error :).
0
Panu

To install or not to install?

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

Personal.install.comfig in the Install directory is missing in the Install zip file
Hello, I'm missing the Personal.install.config in the directory install in the zip file DotNetNuke_4.0.1_Install.zip. And also in the Source zip file. Yesterday i tryed to install the 4.0.1 over my 4.0.0 and the happened notting only that i had to restore the database and the backup of the site. Today i was trying to work with the Source and see the the Personal.install.config is missing as soon as i change the template to the default in web.config i was working. But don't get the Personal Website....

Install D2010 on side of D2009
I am installing D2010 from the iso image. But the setup complains that I should install Update 3 for D2009 before that. However, D2009 Check for Updates said that no updates were available, so I copied the setup packages from another D2009 installation and installed Update 3, 4, etc. And D2010 installation still fails to start, complaining that I should install Update 3 to D2009. How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009? Jouni Aro Prosys I have the same problem. BDS 2009 is up to date with Version3, but Delphi 2010 will not install because it claim...

Anyway to re-install .net framework on a botched install that wont un-install?
  Newbie User (me) 64bit machine Win Server 2008 Beta 3 Data Center  64bit SharePoint Services 3.0 SharePoint Server Project Server SQL Express SQL Server   Ok so All I wanted to do was get a test bed up for Project Server ..   I installed SharePoint Services and Project Server.. it worked ..  the tech update feature had a minor error at the end so as a newbie I just figured I would install Share Point Server to fix it ..  etc   .. then it seemed like I had some missing features in Project Server so I installed the AS DC (Domain controler) ...

Web resources about - No Delphi installed - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops