Installing C++2006 wants to install .NET v 1.1

I want to install C++2006 on a laptop that already has .NET v2.0 installed.
But the installer won't let me proceed without installing v1.1.

Obviously I don't want to install an older version.  How do I go forward
here?
0
Gord
10/10/2008 4:45:41 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Gord Pollock wrote:
> I want to install C++2006 on a laptop that already has .NET v2.0 installed.
> But the installer won't let me proceed without installing v1.1.
>
> Obviously I don't want to install an older version.  How do I go forward
> here?

You must install .net 1.1 . Without it BDS will not install. But you
have misconception that there can be only one version .net installed on
windows. .net is designed in such way that you can have several
different versions installed at the same time without affecting each other.

In short - install .net 1.1. It wil not affect presence of .net 2.0.

--
__CODEGEARC__ = __THE_IDENTIFIER_FORMERLY_KNOWN_AS_BORLANDC__
0
"Darko Miletic" <kiklop@fibertel.com.ar> wrote in message

> You must install .net 1.1 . Without it BDS will not install. But you
> have misconception that there can be only one version .net installed on
> windows. .net is designed in such way that you can have several
> different versions installed at the same time without affecting each
> other.
>
> In short - install .net 1.1. It wil not affect presence of .net 2.0.

Okay, thanks Darko.
0
Gord