XE8 Update 1

Was disappointed to see that the update did not address the 64bit linker out-of-memory issue.

We have an app that we can't build in 64bit debug mode because of this.

Anyone have info re: when this might be fixed?

thanks

Kevin
0
Kevin

Have you been playing with the -GH option?

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/ILINK64.EXE,_the_64-bit_Incremental_Linker#Handling_Out_of_Memory_Errors_from_ILINK64
0
Borja
7/20/2015 4:31:50 PM
FWIW -

<Borja Serrano> wrote in message news:728476@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Have you been playing with the -GH option?
>
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/ILINK64.EXE,_the_64-bit_Incremental_Linker#Handling_Out_of_Memory_Errors_from_ILINK64

He at least knows about it:
https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=696905
0
david
7/20/2015 5:28:15 PM
> {quote:title=Borja Serrano wrote:}{quote}
> Have you been playing with the -GH option?

Yes, with numerous values -- to no avail.  Unlucky guesses, maybe.  We've noted that when we set it very high: -GHinfo=0x48000000, ilink64 gives a ' "ilink32" exited with code 2 ' error, which suggests the underlying limitations of ilink64.

Despite Digby's suggestions, we have not been able to get the IDE to show the memory dump - even with the small default heap and stack sizes.  We don't know how to convert that ilink64 IDE command line dump into a real command line.

This process is so slow that we've stopped playing with this and put it on the shelf, and only work with the 32bit version.

thanks

Kevin
0
Kevin

Android 5.1.1 and Delphi XE8 IDE Breakpoints
I was working on a project in Delphi XE8 and I use breakpoints a lot. I checked in my code and, before I left work, I started the Android 5.1.1 update on my Nexus 9 tablet. When I got back into work the next day, my breakpoints wouldn't work. I tried 2 different devices, with previous versions of Android, and the breakpoints worked on both of them. Has anybody else experienced this behavior with Android 5.1.1 and breakpoints not working? The red breakpoints have checks in them but they won't trigger and halt execution at that point. My OS is Windows 7. Nexus 9 tablet ru...

Update 1 updated?
hi i installed D2009 update 1 after that i installed D2009 update 2 now i noticed that in the download section, there is an UPDATED mark near D2009 update 1. what should i do with this knowledge? D2009 is working fine so do i need this updated update 1? please advice thanks > {quote:title=amos szust wrote:}{quote} > hi > > i installed D2009 update 1 > after that i installed D2009 update 2 > now i noticed that in the download section, there is an UPDATED mark near D2009 update 1. > what should i do with this knowledge? D2009 is working fine so do i need t...

Update LG D300 from 1.1 to 1.2 or 1.3
Hello guys! So i have my LG D300( LG Fireweb ) in 1.1v and i see the other devices like geeksphone have 1.2 or 1.3v, have a way to update LG D300 too? ...

seamonkey 1.1.1 update problem
Hello to all, we are using an automatic software deployment system (http;// opsi.org). This tool installs software with administrative rights but without any user logged in. Deinstalling SM 1.07 and installing SM 1.1.1 with commandline switch '- ma' is no problem. It is also no Problem to start SM 1.1.1 after installation with a enigmail.xpi under control auf AutIt using this administrative task. There is also no problem to login afterwards and to start SM 1.1.1 if the user had no SM 1.0.7 profile before. But is the user had a 1.0.7 Profile before (wich was created with...

[ 1.1.3909.1 ] -- Synchronization Update
Gang... This is just a synchronization update to keep us all on the same page. This is the current state of DNSB... http://www.grc.com/dev/r-and-d/1.1.3909.1.exe -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. / Scarce as facts are, supply too often exceeds demand. Steve, I found something odd, which appears to be a side-effect of the newly introduced "Remove ALL nameservers" option. If I remove ALL nameservers, then re-verify connectivity, the add/remove options are grayed out... Can't add any nameservers. :o -- JJ ...

updateing an assembly from 1.0 to 1.1
Is there a way to update a 3rd party assembly (strong keyed too) from runtime v1.0.3705 to asp 1.1? or to properly allow it to run in the application when its an older version? johnWebmaster, Cox Communications yes, with a policy file. in the policy file you can specify which version of an assembly to bind to at runtime.MCSD / MCAD / MCP...

Asp.net 1.1 problem in viewstate after updating with Net 1.1 service pack 1
Hi all,  Please Help us Soon  We have project in 1.1 framework and server Window server 2003 service pack 2. After updating Framework 1.1 with Service pack 1 we have trouble of viewstate . So site is giving Crash  Following is Error Details  System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Invalid_Viewstate Client IP: 24.254.0.88 Port: 2389 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ViewState: dDwxNDk0MjYyMTkwO3Q8O2w8aTww...

1.0.1->1.1 Gaia Updatability & Migration
This is a quick note to all that, based upon partner update plans, v1.1 = needs to be able to cleanly migrate from v1.0.1. If you already know of any places where that isn't the case, please let = us know by getting a blocking-b2g:leo? bug on file or emailing here. Our = current internal testing doesn't cover this, so we don't want to = scramble when we find out later from partners (who we'd like to stay up = to date). Things that come to mind for me: * Database schema changes (SMS->MMS?) * Settings (renamed, reconfigured, or otherwise) * Home screen positions ...

Updating to SeaMonkey 1.1.6 (or 1.1.5) breaks Mail
Hi, I tried to upgrade to SeaMonkey 1.1.6 from 1.1.4 and my the Mail part of the application stopped working. So I also tried 1.1.5 and it has the same problem. Finally I am back to 1.1.4 until someone can help me solve this. The mail (POP) accounts I have their are essential to me and I cannot upgrade to another version if these accounts cause SeaMonkey not to work. The symptoms are that the "Mail & Newsgroups" window appear with the names of the accounts and folders correctly being displayed on the left pane. The right pane, which is normally split in two (top for h...

[XE3 Update 1] Is there a list of bugs fixed in XE3 Update 1?
[XE3 Update 1] Is there a list of bugs fixed in XE3 Update 1? I suspected a storage overlay or maybe a problem with the memory manager that was causing addressing exceptions when destroying variants after FastReport->Prepare was called. These exceptions do not occur anymore after XE3 Update 1 is installed. I would like to see who found the error and where it was at. Larry Kalos Inc. I second a request for a bug fix list. XE3 without update 1 is again a great disappointment from Embarcadero. Too many bugs, causing IDE to crash during debugging and unable to inspect var...

updating problem from 1.0.3 to 1.1
I have just installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, but my Visual Studio 2002 still says I have version 1.0.3 (in the help->about) What am I doing wrong?Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan) Turns out Visual Studio 2002 can only use Framwork 1.0 !!!!!!Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan) That's right, VS.NET 2002 uses 1.0 .NET framework, whereas VS.NET 3003 uses the 1.1 framework. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live secu...

10.1.1 update before 10.1 is finished
Can I deploy the 10.1.1 update while I still have devices pending for 10.1? The 10.1 deployement went about as smooth as 20 grit, so I still have a lot of devices that won't update themselves to 10.1 (or aren't registering the update correctly). What kind of complications could I see by telling 10.1.1 to deploy before 10.1 is baselined? -- Someone reported to me that the 10.1.1.0 upgrade would not run until he baselined 10.1.0 -- Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Suggesti...

Nice experience with XE8 Update 1
I don't know how it went with XE4-XE7 but I had always some bad experience with updates. Normally I can not immediately install new versions and when I do then update 1 (or 2) is already out. First the release version must be installed because the update 1 version doesn't come up yet in the registered downloads. After installing the release version the update 1 is available in the registered downloads but that installation did a complete reinstall of the product and the 3th party components and settings where gone. This was the situation untill now by installing XE8 a...

XE Update 1 issue in IDE
I just updated XE with Update 1, and I'm noticing a new issue. We have a 3.5 million line program and when I start Delphi and do a search in one of the units using CTL-F, and it doesn't find what I'm looking for, I get the message box that it didn't find it, and then it freezes, never comes back. I have to go to the task manager to kill Delphi. If it finds the text, it's ok, doesn't freeze. If I start up Delphi and do a build all of the program first (takes 1.5 minutes), and I do a search and it doesn't find it, it doesn't freeze. Anyone seen this...

Web resources about - XE8 Update 1 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday is an American limited-run series broadcast on NBC . It is a political satire news show spin-off ...

Gizmodo.com Updates
Nobody should have to use a pay phone , natural disaster or no natural disaster. So if your gadgets are out of juice after Sandy, here’s a tiny ...

Lifehacker.com Updates
By Whitson Gordon Ever run into a situation where you have multiple wireless networks available, but one is clearly better than the other? WiFi ...

Facebook Messenger For Android Update Includes Conversation Shortcuts
Facebook released an update to its Android Messenger application that incorporates the group -creation and message forwarding features in last ...

Grab your snowboard and Shred It! with a fun holiday update
Its time to hit the slopes with great new features in a recent update just in time for the holidays. Shred It! , the fun, snowboarding adventure ...

San Bernardino Update: Perils of Modern Journalism Edition
... been looking for the thing for 1/2 an hour and I’ll throw it up at the top of the post. Seems somehow apropos. The post San Bernardino Update: ...

Samsung updates Lollipop firmware to show Android security patch level
... to a spate of Android vulnerabilities and exploits, Samsung was one of the first companies to announce a move to monthly security updates for ...

Monthly Macro Update November: Mish Video With Gordon Long
... US subprime auto sector, the likelihood of a US recession, and other topics. It's a 30 Minute video, which we call Mish's Monthly Macro Update ...

SportsNet Central Update: Celtics lose, Bruins win
... Login Search form Search 42° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN SportsNet Central Update: ...

Hayden Panettiere Shows Off Short Hair in First Update Since Seeking Postpartum Treatment
Hayden Panettiere Shows Off Short Hair in First Update Since Seeking Postpartum Treatment