Win64 Release mode - Embedded COFF symbols!?

I am seeing several MB of embedded COFF symbols in the generated exe file when building a large C++ project in Release mode for Win64 with XE8.

I cannot find any options in the C++ Builder GUI to prevent this from happening. The C++ Compiler option to generate debug info is False, as is the linker option for Full debug info.

I assume it is ilink64 which included the embedded COFF symbol data in the generated exe file.

Does anybody know how to prevent this from happening. I experimented with a third party tool or strip the debug info from the PE file, however the tool is not reliable and ends up corrupting the exe file.

Thanks.
0
Max

Difference between Debug Mode vs Release Mode
What is the difference between Debug Mode Vs Release Mode in .NET while executing (compiling) the windows application.   Thanks & Regards Venkatvenkat check these for answer http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=160505&SiteID=1 http://haacked.com/archive/2004/02/14/difference-between-debug-vs-release-build.aspxVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you Debug Mode stores debug information and thus takes longer time to execute code than release mode. You would usually use Release Mode, once you have finished writing your windows ...

We may NOT be able to switch AHCI mode to IDE mode.
Gang... After easily switching "Compatible" mode to "Native PCI", I tackled the task of switching AHCI over to "Native PCI". I haven't given up yet, but my initial impression is that doing this may be highly chipset specific. The PCI enumeration of my motherboard in AHCI mode is more different than I expected compared with IDE mode. This machine has a Series 6/C200 chipset, and I have the detailed datasheet for it (which goes well beyond the AHCI standard.) So I'm going to learn about it to see whether I can understand what I'm se...

Release Mode
Hi, I have just moved from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I have installed VS 2005 and SP 1. When I create a new ASP.Net project I do not find in the IDE the drop down showing 'Debug'. 'Release', 'Configuration Manger' that was in VS 2003. How do I set the mode to 'Release' before copying this project Could any one clarify this. Thanks     Your best bet is to go to Tools/Imprt Export Settings and switch to C# settigns, I find them much better.  BTW I'm a VB coder :)Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team) Thanks for the tip. I also code in VB. Is there any way to...

EXE compiled in Debug Mode vs EXE compiled in Release Mode
Hello, On creating the executable in Debug Mode under Windows, if I place the Debug info in a separate TDS file by selecting the relevant option, I can see the resulting EXE is more or less the same size as the EXE created in Release Mode. If I distribute the EXE created in Debug Mode (obviously, without the TDS file) to the final user, will there be any problems? Thanks in advance. ...

EXE compiled in Debug Mode vs EXE compiled in Release Mode [Edit]
Hello, On creating the executable in Debug Mode under Windows, if I place the Debug info in a separate TDS file by selecting the relevant option, I can see the resulting EXE is more or less the same size as the EXE created in Release Mode. If I distribute the EXE created in Debug Mode (obviously, without the TDS file) to the final user, will there be any problems? I did it by mistake and I was wondering whether the application could not work properly on the user's computer. Thanks in advance. Pasquale Esposito wrote: > Hello, > > On creating the executable in Debu...

Control throws error when compiled in release mode. but works nicely when compiled in debug mode.
This will sound weird but its happening Control throws error when compiled in release mode. but works nicely when compiled in debug mode. I have created class library which has several user controls, now one of the control is throwing null reference error.(object reference not set to instance of object). To trap exact place of error I recompiled this dll with debug option . to my surprise control works with out error when I compile with debug option. I tried switching .net frame work version 1.0 & 1.1 same thing happens with both. How I can trap error if I can not get...

#if DEGUG directive does not seem to be working. VS thinks im in Release mode, but Im actually in DEBUG mode
Hi There Im trying to debug my application. The debugger is ignoring the #if DEBUG and skips to the #else code block. It's settings I have to set somewhere. I hope someone can help me out? Regards Daniel#if DEBUG Session.Add( "UserID", "ddejager" );Session.Add( "WorkingLocation", Global.opsBusinessLayer.GetWorkingLocation( "M8RD" ) ); Session.Add( "DivisionProfile", Global.opsBusinessLayer.GetDivisionProfile( "MSD" ) );Session.Add( "operationsuser", Global.opsBusinessLayer.GetOperationsUser( "ddejager"...

Debug and release mode
 I am creating one ajax enabled website in that. I have taken Ajax controls in fallowing way AccordionAccordionPaneTabContainerTabPanelUpdatePanelDropDownList The problem is that The code ((DropDownList)TabPanel3.Controls[0].FindControl("dldiv1")). DataValueFi eld = ds.Tables[0].Columns["Div_Id"].ToString(); Works fine in debug mode but in release mode it gives me fallowing error .  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Can any one help me.  Check if you don´t have a specif dll referencing that is on bin\debug and i...

Release/Debug mode
Hi all, Is there a way to find out by looking at the code (or maybe Web.config) without VS.NET if a project was compiled in debug/release mode? TIA You may can tell by looking at the Web.Config <system.web> <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" /> </system.web> I've set this to false and had VS.net still tell me the solution was in debug mode and vice versa.In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. I might be doing this wrong.. but I built the app by selecting the "...

Building in release mode?
I noticed when I build my website the following is display:------ Build started: Project: C:\...\MyProject\, Configuration: Debug .NET ------ How can I make it Configuration: Release?My web.config has debug="false" ThanksEric   To change the settings for the Debug or Release configuration In Solution Explorer, select the project. On the View menu, click Property Pages. Or, you can right-click the project name in Solution Explorer, and select Property Pages. In the <Project> propertypage, select either the Debug tab or, if the project type is...

Problem Navigation / Navigationbar, Status / Statusbar, Symbol & Symbols, Icon & Icons, Picture & Pictures on Website all is gray or defect or disappear since firefox 3.5.x Disable AddOn, Save mode, D
Name: iGetCrazy Product: Firefox Summary: Problem Navigation / Navigationbar, Status / Statusbar, Symbol & Symbols, Icon & Icons, Picture & Pictures on Website all is gray or defect or disappear since firefox 3.5.x Disable AddOn, Save mode, Disable Realplayer Reinstall don't help or solve the bug Comments: Problem Navigation / Navigationbar, Status / Statusbar, Symbol & Symbols, Icon & Icons, Picture & Pictures on Website all is gray or defect or disappear since firefox 3.5.x Disable AddOn, Save mode, Disable Realplayer Reinstall don't help or solve...

Release Builds with debug symbols
We have a Watson like reporting capability for our web site.  Under Everett, we simply built release builds with optimization turned on and symbols on (but DEBUG symbol was off). Now, in Whidbey, we can't get line numbers in our call stacks for our code behinds.  It seems that the only ways to get pdb files is either through the web.config file, or by passing -d to the precompiler, but both of  these methods turns on the DEBUG build scenario therefore and all our diagnostic code gets compiled in as well. How do I generate pdb's for release build code behinds?    ...

Determine Debug/Release mode
Hello, Is it possible for the software to determine whether the code is being built in debug or release mode?  I have several testing components I only want to allow in debug mode, to help ensure people aren't using it in their components for production? Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). hi, an easy way imho is to use conditional #IF so u can run ur component/page in release mode while in editor and vice versa. Example settin...

Application_Error not firing in Release Mode.
  Hi, I am using VS.NET 2005. I'm having a problem where my Application_Error() event in my Global.asax file isn't firing in Release Mode (Ctrl + F5) . If I run it using F5 it works fine. Please help. Thanks,Mahesh   Mahesh,Debug version usually includes additional error checking code. F5 might cause some synchronization issue since it need to wait to execute.  ...

Debug vd release mode
while i am running my .NET Application , there are DEBUG and RELASE in solution configurations. What exactly the differences betwenn Debug and Release.venki Genimisetty   yenky.g:What exactly the differences betwenn Debug and Release.In debug builds, debugging symbol information is emitted in the assembly to help tracing/debugging and code optimisation is not done to debug builds.Release builds on the other hand have the code base optimised and not debugging symbols are emitted hence the file size is smaller and runs faster than debug builds however you do not get the same traceabili...

Web resources about - Win64 Release mode - Embedded COFF symbols!? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

File:Symbol unsupport vote.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

Peace for Paris - the artist behind the symbol that's gone viral
... of murderous attacks in Paris at the weekend, French artist Jean Jullien had sketched out what has become known as the Peace for Paris symbol ...

Paris attacks: #PeaceForParis symbol goes viral following terrorist attacks
A Peace for Paris symbol, combining the Eiffel Tower with the '60s peace sign, goes viral following the Paris terror attacks.

It’s Laundry Day, but what do the symbols mean on the label?
There are probably some people out there who know exactly what the care symbols on clothing labels mean. But, there are many who do not and if ...

Amazon backtracks after covering NYC subway car in Nazi symbols
... version of the book, Amazon Studios perhaps took that premise a little too literally by filling a New York City subway car with Nazi symbols ...

What’s up with all the Nazi Germany symbols on a NYC train?
Decorating a New York subway car with symbols from the second World War might be one of the best ways to promote The Man in the High Castle , ...

The rise of legendary singer and sex symbol Sir Tom Jones
In his new memoir, the artist recounts how he rose from his roots in the coal fields of Wales to become an international star and an honorary ...

Twitter could move beyond its heart symbol to offer richer responses
A feature hidden in a developer version of Twitter's app shows emoji to express more emotions. That feature would add complexity to the service, ...

Ads with World War II symbols pulled after outcry in NY - CNN.com
New York subway ads promoting the Amazon streaming series "The Man in the High Castle" have been pulled after an outcry.

SwiftKey Symbol: Keyboard for autistic and other “non-verbal” users
SwiftKey has a new keyboard app: Symbol . But it’s not a conventional QWERTY typer, but a visual-based system, aimed at non-verbal autistic people, ...