Update 3 available for RAD Studio 2009.

I see the Update3, Update4 and boost update are available now for RAD Studio
2009.

I am installing it now and will post any problems I have.

Larry.
0
Larry

"Larry Griffiths" <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote in message

> I am installing it now and will post any problems I have.

I have encountered some problems.  I will post more details once I've
completely nailed them down.  The problem that might affect most people here
is that existing Delphi personality packages (C++Builder output files turned
on) that have been configured to output their .lib files to a specific
directory no longer works.  I'm not sure if the project option that controls
this has changed but I do know that my existing configuration is now broken.

Clayton
0
Clayton
5/28/2009 6:07:27 PM
I am not able to run our Application after Update3, Update4 and Boost
Update.

I am able to build my projects but I get an error at Runtime.

FKey has a value in it when the constructor executes "FKey = FMaster".

FKey is used later on in a method call in the TSecureKey class and its value
is NULL.

Is it possible to uninstall Update3, Update4 and the Boost Update or do I
have to install the compiler from scratch?

class PACKAGE TSecureKey : public TComponent
{
private:
    AnsiString FKey;
    AnsiString FHex;
    AnsiString FMaster;

    static const char *_Master;
    static const char *_Hex;

__published:
    __property AnsiString Key = {read=FKey, write=FKey};
}

const char *TSecureKey::_Master = "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA";

__fastcall TSecureKey::TSecureKey(TComponent* Owner)
    :
    TComponent(Owner)
{
    FHex    = _Hex;
    FMaster = _Master;

    FKey    = FMaster;
}
0
Larry
5/28/2009 6:14:19 PM

>I am not able to run our Application after Update3, Update4 and Boost
> Update.

After fixing the code to be compilable your code works fine for me.  Did you
rebuild all of the libraries/packages that your code is dependant on?

> Is it possible to uninstall Update3, Update4 and the Boost Update or do I
> have to install the compiler from scratch?

I think history and experience should answer this question for you.
However, I do see an uninstall for "Boost Libraries" and the "Database
Pack".  Even if CodeGear allowed for Update 3 to be uninstalled I personally
wouldn't expect things to work after uninstalling.

Clayton
0
Clayton
5/28/2009 6:47:23 PM
The same thing seems to have happened to me on Weaver.

I had to blank out the paths in Tools/Delphi Options/Library - Win32/Package
output directory and DCP output Directory.

 This puts the bpi and .lib into the project directory instead of the
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\6.0\BPL directory.

I then use Move statements in the Project Post Build to move them where I
want them.

It seems that the Delphi Project Options for the Package Output Directory is
ignored after blanking out the tools paths
but the DCP output directory may be working or the DCP files may be going
where the Package Output directory is pointing.

I know we have been through this discussion before Clayton.

Maybe we can did up the original newsgroup posts we did and hit up David
Dean again to fix this...

Larry.

"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Larry Griffiths" <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> I am installing it now and will post any problems I have.
>
> I have encountered some problems.  I will post more details once I've
> completely nailed them down.  The problem that might affect most people
> here
> is that existing Delphi personality packages (C++Builder output files
> turned
> on) that have been configured to output their .lib files to a specific
> directory no longer works.  I'm not sure if the project option that
> controls
> this has changed but I do know that my existing configuration is now
> broken.
>
> Clayton
0
Larry
5/28/2009 7:03:42 PM
Our original thread was:
https://forums.codegear.com/message.jspa?messageID=70891

Larry

"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Larry Griffiths" <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> I am installing it now and will post any problems I have.
>
> I have encountered some problems.  I will post more details once I've
> completely nailed them down.  The problem that might affect most people
> here
> is that existing Delphi personality packages (C++Builder output files
> turned
> on) that have been configured to output their .lib files to a specific
> directory no longer works.  I'm not sure if the project option that
> controls
> this has changed but I do know that my existing configuration is now
> broken.
>
> Clayton
0
Larry
5/28/2009 7:10:22 PM
Report# 67513.

Resolution: Fixed.

Clayton Arends at 5/28/2009 10:27:04 AM -
Confirmed fixed with Update 3 & 4 Build 12.0.3420.21218

Are you eating the words in your last post to this report, Clayton.  LOL

Larry.

"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Larry Griffiths" <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> I am installing it now and will post any problems I have.
>
> I have encountered some problems.  I will post more details once I've
> completely nailed them down.  The problem that might affect most people
> here
> is that existing Delphi personality packages (C++Builder output files
> turned
> on) that have been configured to output their .lib files to a specific
> directory no longer works.  I'm not sure if the project option that
> controls
> this has changed but I do know that my existing configuration is now
> broken.
>
> Clayton
0
Larry
5/28/2009 7:16:39 PM

> I know we have been through this discussion before Clayton.

Yes we have been through this.  Unfortunately the preferred workaround
doesn't work anymore which was to add the following to the project/optset
file:

   <DCC_BpiOutput>dir</DCC_BpiOutput>

This used to place both the BPI and LIB file to "dir".  However, now only
the BPI gets correctly placed.  The LIB file is back in the IDE default
output directory.  I have tried guessing and adding various tags all with no
luck.  DCC_LibOutput,  DCC_ObjOutput, BPILibOutputDir,
ILINK_BpiLibOutputDir.

If optsets supported a build event section
(http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=69733) then I would be able to
use the Build Event workaround right now.  However, since optset files do
not support this I have 65 Delphi personality packages in my core library
that would have to be modified to add Build Events (one at a time).  I had
this in place in BDS2006/RS2007 but happily removed it once the other
workaround was discovered.  I'll wait a day or so to allow myself time for
the grieving process before starting down that path.

> Maybe we can did up the original newsgroup posts we did and hit up David
> Dean again to fix this...

At this point I'm so unbelievably discouraged.  There are so many fixes in
this update that I am happy to have, some that I *need*, and then there is
this one tiny problem created by the update that affects my entire system.

It's 5:00 somewhere.  I need a drink.

Clayton
0
Clayton
5/28/2009 7:29:23 PM

> Report# 67513.
>
> Resolution: Fixed.
>
> Clayton Arends at 5/28/2009 10:27:04 AM -
> Confirmed fixed with Update 3 & 4 Build 12.0.3420.21218
>
> Are you eating the words in your last post to this report, Clayton.  LOL

;-)

This report is for a C++Builder project ... which finally works.  The Delphi
personality QC report, which is the problem I'm lamenting about here, is
53119: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=53119

Clayton
0
Clayton
5/28/2009 7:33:09 PM
Ah, thanks for setting me strait, Clayton.

Im gonna lern to reed dem dare problem reports next tiem.  LOL

> "Larry Griffiths" <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> Report# 67513.
>>
>> Resolution: Fixed.
>>
>> Clayton Arends at 5/28/2009 10:27:04 AM -
>> Confirmed fixed with Update 3 & 4 Build 12.0.3420.21218
>>
>> Are you eating the words in your last post to this report, Clayton.  LOL
>
> ;-)
>
> This report is for a C++Builder project ... which finally works.  The
> Delphi
> personality QC report, which is the problem I'm lamenting about here, is
> 53119: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=53119
>
> Clayton
0
Larry
5/28/2009 8:00:45 PM
_LStrClr( var S ) is being called which I think is clearing the data.

:004FFCB0 __linkproc__ __linkproc__ LStrClr(S=????)
:004D65D4 __linkproc__ AssignLongStr(Dest=????, Source=????)
:004D6D59 __linkproc__ SetUnicodeStrProp(Instance=NULL, PropInfo=NULL,
Value={ "" })
:004CEDA0 __linkproc__ TReader::ReadPropValue(Self=:03481690,
Instance=:0358D5C0, PropInfo=:005E0836)
:004CE973 __linkproc__ TReader::ReadProperty(Self=:03481690,
AInstance=:0358D5C0)
:004CE23A __linkproc__ TReader::ReadDataInner(Self=:03481690, Instance=NULL)
:004CE21C __linkproc__ TReader::ReadData(Self=:03481690, Instance=????)
:004D36CA __linkproc__ TComponent::ReadState(Self=????, Reader=????)
:004CE2AE __linkproc__ TReader::ReadDataInner(Self=:03481690, Instance=????)
:004CE1ED __linkproc__ TReader::ReadData(Self=:03481690, Instance=????)
:004D36CA __linkproc__ TComponent::ReadState(Self=????, Reader=????)
:004CC057 __linkproc__ TStream::ReadComponent(Self=????, Instance=NULL)
:004C775C __linkproc__ InternalReadComponentRes(ResName=????, HInst=????,
Instance=NULL)
:004C78CC InitComponent(ClassType=NULL)
:004C795A __linkproc__ InitInheritedComponent(Instance=:034DBDB0,
RootAncestor=:004C629C)
:004D4379 __linkproc__ TDataModule::Create(Self=:034DBDB0, AOwner=????,
$16785456=????)
:009654E4 TDM::TDM(this=:034DBDB0, Owner=NULL, _PathType=0 /* sdmAllowMulti
*/)
:0096525D CreateDM(_PathType=0 /* sdmAllowMulti */)
:00964757 StartDM(_PathType=0 /* sdmAllowMulti */)
:0043747F StartupCode()
:00487F22 WinMain( =:00400000,  =NULL,  =:002720B2,  =9)
:01087439 ; __startup

{$ELSE}
asm
        { ->    EAX pointer to str      }

        MOV     EDX,[EAX]                       { fetch
    }
        TEST    EDX,EDX                         { if nil, nothing to
   }
        JE      @@done
        MOV     dword ptr [EAX],0               { clear
    }

My guess is that the Constructor sets the value of the property variable
and then the property variable is loaded from the saved form value.
PEBKAC  ( Problem exists between keyboard and Chair ).  hehe
0
Larry
5/28/2009 8:14:47 PM
Something strange is still happening.

I switch from Form View to Text View and I see the Key Property in the Text
view of the .dfm file.

I switch from Form View to Text View again and the Key Property is missing
in the Text view of the .dfm file.

I switch from Form View to Text View again and I see the Key Property again
in the Text view of the .dfm file.

Larry
0
Larry
5/28/2009 8:25:22 PM
I changed the Key from AnsiString to String and that has fixed the problem
switching between Text and Form View.

I will rebuild our application.  I suspect the problem will be fixed because
the property loaded from the .dfm will now
match what is set in the constructor.

Our application is running now.

I assume that using AnsiString in VCL components is now a no-no.

> Something strange is still happening.
>
> I switch from Form View to Text View and I see the Key Property in the
> Text
> view of the .dfm file.
>
> I switch from Form View to Text View again and the Key Property is missing
> in the Text view of the .dfm file.
>
> I switch from Form View to Text View again and I see the Key Property
> again
> in the Text view of the .dfm file.
>

> Larry
0
Larry

Update 3 destroyed my RAD Studio 2009 installation
Sorry to say this but I have no luck with Update 3/4. At work the auto-setup downloaded the files but an executable in "temp" called DELPHI32~1.EXE crashed with "invalid instruction..." (WinXP SP3+IE8+DEP). But I was able to install it by downloading the update 3/4 and executing it by hand (following the readme instructions). Then one hour ago I tried to install it on my private computer (that one that produces all my IDE plugins). First the auto-update didn't find any updates. And after I had downloaded and installed the update by hand I wasn't a RAD Stud...

Ann: NexusDB 3.10.04 update, adds Rad Studio XE2 Update 4 support
We are happy to announce the immediate release of NexusDB v3.10.04. This version adds support for Rad Studio XE2 Update 4 (Win32 compiler), as well as a number of critical bugfixes, and general improvements. If you hold a license for these please logon to your customer pages to access the new version: http://www.nexusdb.com/logon.asp NexusDB also offers a number of free and/or trial versions. These versions as well as manual and help files can be downloaded from: http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=node/531 For a list of fixes and additions in this version please visit ...

Ann: NexusDB 3.10.04 update, adds Rad Studio XE2 Update 4 support
We are happy to announce the immediate release of NexusDB v3.10.04. This version adds support for Rad Studio XE2 Update 4 (Win32 compiler), as well as a number of critical bugfixes, and general improvements. If you hold a license for these please logon to your customer pages to access the new version: http://www.nexusdb.com/logon.asp NexusDB also offers a number of free and/or trial versions. These versions as well as manual and help files can be downloaded from: http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=node/531 For a list of fixes and additions in this version please visit ...

Can not install RAD studio 2010 after having RAD studio 2009
I had RAD Studio 2009 installed and unsuccesfully uninstalled it with an error message 2343. I then removed it with Windows cleanup tool and removed all references in registry as well as all files on hard disk including the once in SysWOW64. When trying to install Rad Studio 2010 I still get the message "For RAD Studio 2010 to co-exist with the version you are trying to install ......:". I can not find any trace on my computer of 2009 version so I'm at a dead end. How can I either force the installation or where does the install file look to lead it to belive I have 2009 insta...

Updating indy10 in RAD Studio 2009 ?
Hi I am in the process of updating indy10 in RAD Studio 2009 all the documentation I have found so far, deals with either Delphi or C++Builder, but I want to make it work in both. I have removed the whole original indy and I have downloaded Indy10_4674.zip from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP and it is unpacked. My questions: Do I run both FullD12.bat and Fullc12.bat or just the Fullc12.bat if both then in which order ?? My RAD Studio installation is not in the default path, it is in the root of a different drive H:\CodeGear, I don't want to have all the new Indy ...

Downgrading from RAD studio 2007 Architect to RAD studio 2009 Enterprise/Professional
My Indian reseller has informed me that downgrading (upgrading) from higher (RAD studio 2007 Architect) to lower version (RAD studio 2009 Enterprise/Professional)is not allowed Can some one confirm this, since i remember of seeing a post contrary to this Venkatesh (my name does not show up correctly in the newsgroup) Hi Venkatesh, > My Indian reseller has informed me that downgrading (upgrading) from > higher (RAD studio 2007 Architect) to lower version (RAD studio 2009 > Enterprise/Professional)is not allowed Of course this is allowed. You can upgrade from any ...

InterBase 2009 Update 3 available for download
Updater for all 4 platforms. Full product download. New server trial for all 4 platforms, ToGo Trial and Developer edition for all 4 platforms. I noticed IB now supports the /3GB boot.ini switch. -Craig -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ Is there any documentation on the new memory management features described in Charlie's reply to Roland Bengtsson or did I miss something in the download? -- Bill Todd (TeamB) From readme.html: InterBase cannot use 2GB+ database cache even...

RAD Studio 2009 Trial now available
In case you haven't already seen it, the CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 trial is now available for download from http://cc.codegear.com/free/radstudio Thanks, Tim ...

Best way to update boost (RAD Studio 2009)
For some reason RAD Studio 2009 ships with boost 1.35.0, which I installed when I installed RAD Studio. This version contains quite a few bugs in the threading libraries, and I need to upgrade to at least 1.36.0 (ideally, though, 1.38.0 or higher would be nice). What is the cleanest way to remove 1.35.0 and replace it with a later version? Thanks, Jason > {quote:title=Jason Cipriani wrote:}{quote} > For some reason RAD Studio 2009 ships with boost 1.35.0, which I installed when I installed RAD Studio. This version contains quite a few bugs in the threading libraries, and I need...

RAD Studio 2009 Trial with Delphi Prism now available
The CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 trial download including Delphi Prism is now available from http://cc.codegear.com/free/radstudio. Thanks, Tim ...

Update on 10.3
Hi all, I just installed the openSuSE 10.3 on my server. Afterward, I configured the download.opensuse.org for both Update, OSS and Non-OSS repositories. Then do yast>Online Update. The system reported that - No Update Available. I then change the Repository to a Japan mirror. And redo the Online Update, same happens. I then try again to change the Repository to a Taiwan mirror. Same-same. Would anybody advise what is happening? Many thanks. -- tetra6000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tetra6000 wrote: > &g...

Builder 2009 IDE crashes on exit since Update 3 applied.
Fault bucket 1301513864, type 1 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: None Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: bds.exe P2: 12.0.3420.21218 P3: 4a0b868a P4: rtl120.bpl P5: 12.0.3420.21218 P6: 4a0b8b7f P7: c0000005 P8: 00006c34 P9: P10: Also... - EventData 1301138315 1 APPCRASH None 0 bds.exe 12.0.3420.21218 4a0b868a exceptiondiag120.bpl_unloaded 0.0.0.0 4a0b8b80 c0000005 510f2e34 > {quote:title=Larry Griffiths wrote:}{quote} > Fault bucket 1301513864, type 1 > Event Name: APPCRASH > Respons...

Thunderbird 3.1.3 and 3.0.7 security updates now available
As part of Mozilla’s ongoing security and stability update process, Thunderbird 3.1.3 and Thunderbird 3.0.7 are now available as free downloads for Windows, Mac, and Linux from http://getthunderbird.com/. As always, we recommend that users keep up to date with the latest stability and support versions of Thunderbird. Thunderbird 3.1.3: http://getthunderbird.com/ Thunderbird 3.0.7: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all-older.html We strongly recommend that all Thunderbird users upgrade to these latest releases. If you already have Thunderbird, you will receive...

Updates Updates Updates #3
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates Updates Updates Comments: Seems like every time I open the program there is a wait period while some new arcane update gets installed. I have enjoyed and advocated firefox for a good while, but the update thing is really starting to bug me. Doubtless I could simply change the settings to accept the updates or not notify me or something similar - but I CAN'T BE ASSED. I'd have to consider this for more than 30 seconds and as we've already seen I CAN'T BE ASSED. Please make this less annoying in return for which I promis...

Web resources about - Update 3 available for RAD Studio 2009. - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Google, Microsoft, Comcast: Verizon LTE-U could ruin Wi-Fi
The rate of use of the Internet has ballooned in the past years thanks to the prevalence of mobile devices lie smartphones. These phones in particular ...

Jimmy Carter Says Latest Tests Show No Signs of Cancer
ABC News Jimmy Carter Says Latest Tests Show No Signs of Cancer ABC News The former president said Sunday he shows no signs of cancer four ...

UN officials warn of climate disaster if Paris pact fails
Talks on a universal climate pact shifted to a higher gear Monday with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urging governments to set off an "energy ...

Man in court over London Tube attack; police step up patrols
LONDON (AP) — A man who allegedly screamed "this is for Syria" as he slashed a passenger's neck in a London subway station had images associated ...

Here's your guide to the Grammys' 5 Best New Artist nominees
Every year, the Grammy Awards recognize new artists who are making strides in a variety of genres Last year's big winner was pop crooner Sam ...

Rich Lowry on Donald Trump: "Well, it's clear that he's not going to disappear in a cloud of pixie dust ...
"And I don't think there's any clever way for the establishment to take him down. It's very simple. Another candidate is going to have to find ...

Two more major ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ spoilers revealed
With just a few weeks to go until the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens , new reports reveal a couple of spoilers that might ruin some ...

The Latest: Chicago Mayor to Discuss Police Accountability
The Latest: Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to discuss police accountability

The NYT readers aren't buying Hillary Clinton's "How I’d Rein In Wall Street."
Take a look at the high-rated comments over there : #1: "It's not just the outrageous speaking fees that Wall Street bankers paid to Mrs. Clinton, ...

Venezuela's opposition party wins parliament in a blow to Maduro
CNN Venezuela's opposition party wins parliament in a blow to Maduro CNN (CNN) Venezuela's opposition party has claimed the majority of seats ...