NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable

Hello,

Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter.
Build 16.0.4276.44006
*Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1)
(BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About)

Got:
*[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable*

when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock
(BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?)

*In spite of CASE SOLVED:*
Report #:  98901  	Status: Closed
"Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Build #:  16.0.4256.43595
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=98901

and further
Update 1
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41650

*this ERROR is still coming up and it is NOT resolved.*

The completely NEW software is UNUSABLE.
What one can expect when delving into serious development-
Will every programming step be CRUSH/BUG report?

Dalibor Milenkovic
Turbo Pascal programer since 1994
0
Dalibor

Hello Dalibor, you are right my friend.

A have a license of a C++ Builder XE ( XE1 ) and i don't instal components .pas on my pallet component. The .pas file compile normaly in the C++ Builder IDE, but when i try to install a package i get the message "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Delphi.Personality is not available."

I dont have a RAD STUDIO LICENSE ( DELPHI AND C++ BUILDER )
I have ONLY C++ BUILDER XE license ....

This is a shame to Embarcadero !!!!!!!!!!!!

C++ Builder XE Uselesssssssssss

Good luck Dalibor.

PS: Embaracdero what is your filosofy? Add new "features" to your products and not fix the OLD bugs???
I want my money back .......

> {quote:title=Dalibor Milenkovic wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter.
> Build 16.0.4276.44006
> *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1)
> (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About)
>
> Got:
> *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable*
>
> when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock
> (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?)
>
> *In spite of CASE SOLVED:*
> Report #:  98901  	Status: Closed
> "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
> Build #:  16.0.4256.43595
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=98901
>
> and further
> Update 1
> http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41650
>
> *this ERROR is still coming up and it is NOT resolved.*
>
> The completely NEW software is UNUSABLE.
> What one can expect when delving into serious development-
> Will every programming step be CRUSH/BUG report?
>
> Dalibor Milenkovic
> Turbo Pascal programer since 1994
0
Utf
2/24/2012 11:01:59 PM
Hello Alexandre,

> A have a license of a C++ Builder XE ( XE1 ) and i don't instal
> components .pas on my pallet component. The .pas file compile normaly
> in the C++ Builder IDE, but when i try to install a package i get the
> message "The project can not be loaded because the required
> personality Delphi.Personality is not available."

You loaded a project that specifically requires Delphi to be installed and
loaded in the IDE.  In other words, a DElphi project, not a C++ project.
 If you do not have the Delphi personality available, then you cannot compile
the project inside the IDE.  C++Buidler does have a command-line Delphi compiler,
though (and always has).

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Hello Alexandre,
>
> > A have a license of a C++ Builder XE ( XE1 ) and i don't instal
> > components .pas on my pallet component. The .pas file compile normaly
> > in the C++ Builder IDE, but when i try to install a package i get the
> > message "The project can not be loaded because the required
> > personality Delphi.Personality is not available."
>
> You loaded a project that specifically requires Delphi to be installed and
> loaded in the IDE.  In other words, a DElphi project, not a C++ project.
>  If you do not have the Delphi personality available, then you cannot compile
> the project inside the IDE.  C++Buidler does have a command-line Delphi compiler,
> though (and always has).
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Same problem with Delphi.personality and *DELPHI XE2* installed with *all* options, SP1.
Delphi XE2 is absolutely useless.

I have seen that this problem was reported in september 2011, we are in march 2012. it's just not acceptable, Embarcadero !!!
0
Marcel
3/25/2012 4:08:42 AM
SOLVED !

The value of the *platform* environment variable is CASE-SENSITIVE (override this value in the Tools menu).

Specify *Win32* and not win32, it was my mistake.
0
Marcel
3/26/2012 5:13:35 AM
> {quote:title=Marcel FONDACCI wrote:}{quote}
> SOLVED !
>
> The value of the *platform* environment variable is CASE-SENSITIVE (override this value in the Tools menu).
>
> Specify *Win32* and not win32, it was my mistake.

Supprimer la variable d'environnement Windows "PLATEFORM" et l'erreur disparait
Sky14
0
Christophe
8/27/2012 2:21:23 PM
> {quote:title=Christophe Pelluet wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Marcel FONDACCI wrote:}{quote}
> > SOLVED !
> >
> > The value of the *platform* environment variable is CASE-SENSITIVE (override this value in the Tools menu).
> >
> > Specify *Win32* and not win32, it was my mistake.
>
> Supprimer la variable d'environnement Windows "PLATEFORM" et l'erreur disparait
> Sky14

In my case the registry key BDS/12.0/Disabled IDE Packages/$(BDSBIN)\delphide190.bpl was deleted and the Delphi Ide returns working fine.
The problem raised in the abnormal windows shout down, in that case twice.
0
Wagner

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {quote:title=Qing Sun wrote:}{quote} > Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. > > [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. > [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. > > > so what I can do now to work around it? ...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE? Thank you in advance for your help. > {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote} > I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: > > {code} > [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. > [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. > {code} > > Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE? > > Thank you in advance for your help. W...

"To" and "From" missing

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"-" not "_"

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"
Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, I've gotten into the habit of using "||" in ISQL to indicate a string concatenation. I needed to paste my SQL statement into the PowerBuilder script painter for some embedded SQL, and PB didn't like the "||" very much at all. I changed it to "+" and it seems to be ok. Do these two operators indicate ~exactly~ the same thing? moin, afaik these two's are not the same! if you're using "||" and any term is NULL then in the resultstring the term will be ignored if you use "+" then the resutlstring is NULL mfg ========================== andatec gesellschaft f�r angewandte datentechnik mbh Ruwoldtweg 15 22309 hamburg --------------------------------------- Dipl.-Ing. G�nther Jungbluth gjungbluth@andatec.de ========================== "Rick Charnes" <rick.charnes@state.ma.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:MPG.131a21059f288db49896ba@forums.powersoft.com... > Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, I've gotten into the habit of using "||" in > ISQL to indicate a string concatenation. I needed to paste my SQL > statement into the PowerBuilder script painter for some embedded SQL, and > PB didn't like the "||" very much at all. I changed it to "+" and it > seems to be ok. Do these two operators indicate ~exactly~ the same > thing? You are comparing two different "languages" here: Powe...

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote
hello there...  i tried everything of think but not working the way i wanted to be... not sure what i'm missing...i'm generating a <span> in code behind and then using in javascript.... here is what i'm doing code behind: int i=0string _keywordID = "keyword";string _name = row["visit_info_nm"].ToString().Trim(); String _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = \"document.getElementById('{1}').value='{2}';\">{3}</span><br>", i, _keywordID, _name, _name); here is what it generate : <span id='1' OnClick = \"document.getElementById('keyword').value='First Day';\">First Day</span>and i copy the above line and paste in a html like this.. <input type="text" id="keyword"><span id='1' OnClick = \"document.getElementById('keyword').value='First Day';\">First Day</span>i get error:Unterminated string constant what i'm missing?Its all about coding! This:String _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = \"document.getElementById Should beString _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = ""document.getElementById The escape for a " is to double it in vb.net "" Curt_C: This:String _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = \"document.getElementById Should beString _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = ""document.getElementById The escape for a " is to double it in vb.net "" does not work.. . here is what i'm doing..Stri...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

replace the "." with a ","

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

pulling out "a","an", "the" from beginning of strings
I need to pull out articles "a", "an", and "the" from the beginning of title strings so that they sort properly in MySQL. What is the best way to accomplish that if I have a single $scalar with the whole title in it? Thanks, Tim -- Tim McGeary tim.mcgeary@lehigh.edu --=-weUphL4mkB1WR5g+DMDc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 15:04, Tim McGeary wrote: > I need to pull out articles "a", "an", and "the" from the beginning of=20 >...

"SSL" "Mail" and "Code"
Does anybody know of any discussions taking place within Mozilla regarding these 3 bits in the certificate manager? Perhaps I've missed something in the discussions here. In any case, I think a new mechanism for indicating trust w/in the Mozilla apps are needed. Take for example the "StartCom Certification Authority" root. The Certificate Manager (I'm using Firefox on Windows) says it can identify web sites, email users, and code yet the cert itself says it can only be used for signing other certs (essentially, that is). At a minimum this is confusing but I have...

Swap a "1" or "0" for a "Y" or "N"
I have a sql query that returns rows of data and one field returns a 1 (which means yes) or a 0 (which means no).  On my vb.net page, how do I replace the 1 with a Yes and the 0 with a No?  Or do I do this in the sql?  How do I do this in sql?Never make important decisions on a Monday! By default, VB.Net can understand 1 as Yes and 0 as No.I believe you are using those DB values for your Boolean Operations.Try to use If <DBValue> then <Operation>. If you are really need Yes/No .... Declare boolean variable in VB.net and set those variables. Thanks and R...

how to have a "yes", "no", "cancel" in javascript with c#?
 how to use a "yes", "no", "cancel" message box to allow user select. Javascript you have only Yes and Cancel see belowfunction callAlert() {if (confirm('Are you sure you want to Delete?')) {alert("Yes"); } else {alert("No"); } }   To Get Yes No Cancel you will have to use VBScript <script language="VBscript"> ' Buttons Yes, No, and CancelDim box box = MsgBox ("Are You Sure?", 35, "Dialog Title") </script>  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP A...

How to adopt: Dim rowValues As Object() = {"","",""}?
Hi guys! I'm trying to adopt the code from the Editable Data Grid template. My underlying table has 3 columns: 1st: int(4), identity, autoincrement; 2nd:datetime(8); 3rd:varchar. What do I need to specify in Dim rowValues As Object() = {"","",""} instead of the first and second "" to get rid of the System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format… Thanks ...

Distinguish "To:" from "Cc:" &/or "Bcc:" ? ????
When sending an email, is there any way for recipient to know that his address was in: 1. "To:" or 2. "Cc:" or 3. "Bcc:" field? Richard Owlett wrote: > When sending an email, is there any way for recipient to know > that his address was in: > 1. "To:" > or > 2. "Cc:" > or > 3. "Bcc:" > field? Yes. If it is in TO: or CC: it will show in the headers. Plainly visible. If it is in BCC: it will not show at all -- but then of course he'll...

Is "Bug Changes" multi-select an "and" or an "or"?
Either I'm confused, or there is a defect with the way that advanced searching in the "Bug Changes" box works (perhaps both). I created 2 new Bugs http://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-2.20-branch/show_bug.cgi?id=2841 and http://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-2.20-branch/show_bug.cgi?id=2842 2841 is just new. No PCR chagnes of any form. 2842 is new, but with the status changed (I accepted the bug). Then I ran two queries. First I unselected everything, then in the "Bug Changes" box I selected: Only bugs changed in 2d with "[Bug creation]" ...

A12: "can", "does", and "isa" in roles
One of the beauties of the original Traits paper was that its roles had ways of specifying assertions of what criteria must be met by whatever classes they were to be composed into. Meanwhile, it's been mentioned that roles and classes in P6 might look declarative in nature, but they are in fact procedural. So why not allow a few assertions to be made in roles? These would be assertions which get run by the class when it composes the roles, and returning false would raise an exception to the programmer, quite possibly providing at compile-time some detailed information as to ...

Problem with "isc_service_query" and "isc_info_svc_get_license" +"isc_info_svc_get_licensed_users"
I have problem with getting a correct result from "isc_service_query" when I pass "3A" (Get license and licensed_users), in fact I get an "Unexpected Output buffer value" error when IBX tries to read the license information from the result. From the debugging I have done it seems like I dont get the correct result from Interbase. Looking at the result I see that I get a correct value on "isc_info_svc_get_licensed_users", but the rest of the buffer is filled with zeros where I expect to see 0x33 and information about licenses. I am using...

Web resources about - NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide