Installing Delphi Component Package

I have component package that is written in Delphi and for C++ Builder XE. The supplier provided install instructions, but it will not install.

When I select Build/Install a file called "pasall.tmp" is created in one of the source folders. The IDE then reports this error, and opens the file in the IDE

[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)

This is the contents of the *.groupproj file that I am opening. Is there something wrong with it ?

Ray.

{code}
	<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
		<PropertyGroup>
			<ProjectGuid>{4D74F4B8-334C-46F6-B413-733EB5CEBBF0}</ProjectGuid>
		</PropertyGroup>
		<ItemGroup>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxCommonRun.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxCommonDsgn.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxGridRun.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxGridDsgn.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxDBGridRun.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxDBGridDsgn.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxInspectorRun.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxInspectorDsgn.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxCollectionRun.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
			<Projects Include="BCB XE\NxCollectionDsgn.cbproj">
				<Dependencies/>
			</Projects>
		</ItemGroup>
		<ProjectExtensions>
			<Borland.Personality>Default.Personality.12</Borland.Personality>
			<Borland.ProjectType/>
			<BorlandProject>
				<Default.Personality/>
			</BorlandProject>
		</ProjectExtensions>
		<Target Name="NxCommonRun">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxCommonRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCommonRun:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxCommonRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCommonRun:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxCommonRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCommonDsgn">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxCommonDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCommonDsgn:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxCommonDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCommonDsgn:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxCommonDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxGridRun">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxGridRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxGridRun:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxGridRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxGridRun:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxGridRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxGridDsgn">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxGridDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxGridDsgn:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxGridDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxGridDsgn:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxGridDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxDBGridRun">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxDBGridRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxDBGridRun:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxDBGridRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxDBGridRun:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxDBGridRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxDBGridDsgn">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxDBGridDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxDBGridDsgn:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxDBGridDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxDBGridDsgn:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxDBGridDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxInspectorRun">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxInspectorRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxInspectorRun:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxInspectorRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxInspectorRun:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxInspectorRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxInspectorDsgn">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxInspectorDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxInspectorDsgn:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxInspectorDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxInspectorDsgn:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxInspectorDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCollectionRun">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxCollectionRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCollectionRun:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxCollectionRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCollectionRun:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxCollectionRun.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCollectionDsgn">
			<MSBuild Projects="BCB XE\NxCollectionDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCollectionDsgn:Clean">
			<MSBuild Targets="Clean" Projects="BCB XE\NxCollectionDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="NxCollectionDsgn:Make">
			<MSBuild Targets="Make" Projects="BCB XE\NxCollectionDsgn.cbproj"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="Build">
			<CallTarget Targets="NxCommonRun;NxCommonDsgn;NxGridRun;NxGridDsgn;NxDBGridRun;NxDBGridDsgn;NxInspectorRun;NxInspectorDsgn;NxCollectionRun;NxCollectionDsgn"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="Clean">
			<CallTarget Targets="NxCommonRun:Clean;NxCommonDsgn:Clean;NxGridRun:Clean;NxGridDsgn:Clean;NxDBGridRun:Clean;NxDBGridDsgn:Clean;NxInspectorRun:Clean;NxInspectorDsgn:Clean;NxCollectionRun:Clean;NxCollectionDsgn:Clean"/>
		</Target>
		<Target Name="Make">
			<CallTarget Targets="NxCommonRun:Make;NxCommonDsgn:Make;NxGridRun:Make;NxGridDsgn:Make;NxDBGridRun:Make;NxDBGridDsgn:Make;NxInspectorRun:Make;NxInspectorDsgn:Make;NxCollectionRun:Make;NxCollectionDsgn:Make"/>
		</Target>
		<Import Project="$(BDS)\Bin\CodeGear.Group.Targets" Condition="Exists('$(BDS)\Bin\CodeGear.Group.Targets')"/>
	</Project>
{code}
0
Ray

Installing different component package versions in the IDE
Hi All, We are using RAD Studio 2010 and have the following situation. We have a project (project A, Delphi) that contains a package of generic components, which we install to the IDE. We have a second project (project B, C++) which uses these components. We have two versions (one development trunk and one branch for maintenance) of project B which use the components from project A. However, the two versions of project B use different versions of project A, but the IDE will only allow one version to be installed at a time. This makes it a big hassle to build the different versions of pro...

Where do I find the component of a package in BDS2006(Delphi) IDE?
I have installed a graphics package (VTK) in BDS2006 C++ personality. It can be used in C++ projects, but now I am dealing with a Delphi project... When I start the Delphi32 personality and move to the Components->Install page I can see this package listed and checked and if I use the components button I see the TvtkBorlandRenderWindow component (this is the single component of this package). So far all is OK, but now I want to drop this component on a Delphi form but I cannot find it in the components list... According to the vtkBorlandRenderWindow.cpp file it should be regis...

Delphi 2009 : Component -> Install packages problem
Hello. I have 1 project (X.bpl) who contains components for design time. Each time I load delphi 2009, it says ("The application has failed to start because X.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem". If i check/uncheck the case : an error like "The specified module can not be found". However if I use "add" and put my package back with it, it works. Tried to check the default case. Nothing changed when I loaded the ide again. I tried to change paths and so on. But nothing made it work. What can I do to have my packages loading ...

Installing a single source Delphi component into an existing Package
Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007? In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007. Thanks in advance, Alan > {quote:title=Alan Sawyer wrote:}{quote} > Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007? > > In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007. Pesky annoyance, isn't it? Can someone with Delphi 2009 installed tell me whether it's finally added back in? Anyway, Steve Trefethen wrote a blog with step-by-step instructions here: http://...

XE4 Installed component packages lost after IDE restart
Hi, I decided to renew my development environment and installed a new win8pro virtual machine under vmware workstation. On this VM I installed XE4Pro and my other libraries including the NexusDBPro database components with source. However when I restared the IDE the NexusDB designtime components were gone from the pallette. I added the packages (bpl) manually, worked with them and everything seemed ok. However the next time I started the IDE they were gone again. I have been using the NexusDB components for nearly 10 years and they have installed and worked flawlessly wi...

Using Extended Rtti to get installed packages / components in IDE
Hi all, This is a mixture of Rtti and OpenToolsAPI, hope this is the correct newsgroup I'm trying to build a detailed info of classes and interfaces contained by packages installed in the Delphi IDE. The IDE OpenToolsAPI lets me iterate over installed packages and their component names: var Srv: IOTAPackageServices; begin Srv := (BorlandIDEServices as IOTAPackageServices); for I := 0 to Srv.PackageCount - 1 do OTAList.Add(Srv.PackageNames[I]); // this is the .bpl name without path. end; This gives me the list of packages as displayed in the "Install Comp...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Turbo Delphi and installing components...
I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! DH > {quote:title=David HAROUCHE wrote:}{quote} > I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install > my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! > > DH You can't install custom components into the IDE in the free version of Turbo Delphi. That's one of the major factors that differ it to Turbo Delphi Professional. You can create components dynamically however. &...

Delphi Compatible Installation Component
I am looking for a "delphi compatible" installation component. This means one which I can compile in delphi and create an installation like "setup.exe" or "setup.msi" All systems I see, have their own scripting of use VB scripting or macros. What I need, is one that is completely compilable with in Delphi. Does anyone know of one? Robert wrote: > Does anyone know of one? I have never seen any third-party installation tool that allows you to create install scripts from within Delphi itself. They are always used externally. Creating an i...

Delphi 2007 Component Installation Question
The members of our development group use either Delphi 2006 or Delphi 2007 to develop software. A couple people ended up with 2007 because we could not obtain 2006 anymore at the time. One issue that we're running into is with a component that we have specifically for our development needs. The component compiles fine and installs fine in Delphi 2006. However, with Delphi 2007, the component will compile fine, but when it tries to install, we keep getting the error message that states the following: "Can't load package <folder location>/<componentname>.bpl. Not...

Trouble installing components on Delphi 2009
Hi, I am using Delphi 2009. Components that I managed to install under XP - JVCL, Zeos and EhLib - don't want to install on my new Windows 7 environment. Is this a common problem? Does it go away with Delphi 2010? (I have downloaded the 30-day trial, but that doesn't do command lines). TIA -- Mark Patterson www.piedsoftware.com > {quote:title=Mark Patterson wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 2009. Components that I managed to install under XP - JVCL, Zeos and EhLib - don't want to install on my new Windows 7 environment. Is this a common proble...

Delphi 2009 (Package Installation failing)
Package [http://i42.tinypic.com/snlbty.png] Error [http://i42.tinypic.com/2rps0tz.png] Next Error [http://i42.tinypic.com/53odid.jpg] I know this package is working fine, as I previously used it with Delphi 2009 but when I un-installed Delphi 2009 and then re-installed it, I'm getting this error now. gareth ferguson wrote: > Package > [http://i42.tinypic.com/snlbty.png] > > I know this package is working fine, as I previously used it with > Delphi 2009 but when I un-installed Delphi 2009 and then re-installed > it, I'm getting this error...

How to install Delphi component in C++ personality
I have a number of custom components written in Delphi. I can install these for use in the Delphi personality easily enough. How do I install them into the C++ personality? "Stephen Boyd" <steve.boyd@amtelecom.net> wrote in message news:17429@forums.codegear.com... > I have a number of custom components written in Delphi. I > can install these for use in the Delphi personality easily enough. > How do I install them into the C++ personality? Make sure the "Generate all C++ files" option is enabled in the Project Options for the package, an...

Web resources about - Installing Delphi Component Package - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper