Inheritable items in package

Hi,
I have some frames in a package that I want to inherit from.
However, for some, unknown to me reason, some of the frames are inheritable and
some are not, i.e. shown as inheritable when selecting new->other.

In the project manager, it seems that the units that has a (+) to the left of
it, allowing to expand and showing the cpp and h files as nodes, are
inheritable, while the ones not having the nodes are not.

I found the following peculiar behavior. Having a unit being inheritable,
removing it from the package and then adding it, makes it not inheritable
anymore. Is this a bug? Anyone know how to make inheritable again? By
inheritable I mean putting it on the list for inheritable items.

Thanks,
totte
0
totte

Well, I think I figure it out.
To make an item "inheritable" do the following:
I have a frame, called mtkBasePlate. In the project file, locate the CppCompile
record:

<CppCompile Include="mtkBasePlate.cpp">
<BuildOrder>22</BuildOrder>
</CppCompile>

change to:
<CppCompile Include="mtkBasePlate.cpp">
<Form>BasePlate</Form>
<BuildOrder>22</BuildOrder>
</CppCompile>

Further down in the project file add
<FormResources Include="mtkBasePlate.dfm" />

And that seems to work. At least the item is placed on the inheritable menu.
Although I really don't like to edit the project file, it works..

-totte

totte karlsson wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some frames in a package that I want to inherit from.
> However, for some, unknown to me reason, some of the frames are inheritable and
> some are not, i.e. shown as inheritable when selecting new->other.
>
> In the project manager, it seems that the units that has a (+) to the left of
> it, allowing to expand and showing the cpp and h files as nodes, are
> inheritable, while the ones not having the nodes are not.
>
> I found the following peculiar behavior. Having a unit being inheritable,
> removing it from the package and then adding it, makes it not inheritable
> anymore. Is this a bug? Anyone know how to make inheritable again? By
> inheritable I mean putting it on the list for inheritable items.
>
> Thanks,
> totte
0
totte
1/24/2009 9:39:37 PM
Sounds like your using CB2007 which tends not to add the "Form" tags when
adding units to a project.

You will be glad to know that this problem is fixed in CB2009.  :)

Larry

"totte karlsson" <tottek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, I think I figure it out.
> To make an item "inheritable" do the following:
> I have a frame, called mtkBasePlate. In the project file, locate the
> CppCompile
> record:
>
> <CppCompile Include="mtkBasePlate.cpp">
> <BuildOrder>22</BuildOrder>
> </CppCompile>
>
> change to:
> <CppCompile Include="mtkBasePlate.cpp">
> <Form>BasePlate</Form>
> <BuildOrder>22</BuildOrder>
> </CppCompile>
>
> Further down in the project file add
> <FormResources Include="mtkBasePlate.dfm" />
>
> And that seems to work. At least the item is placed on the inheritable
> menu.
> Although I really don't like to edit the project file, it works..
>
> -totte
>
> totte karlsson wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have some frames in a package that I want to inherit from.
>> However, for some, unknown to me reason, some of the frames are
>> inheritable and
>> some are not, i.e. shown as inheritable when selecting new->other.
>>
>> In the project manager, it seems that the units that has a (+) to the
>> left of
>> it, allowing to expand and showing the cpp and h files as nodes, are
>> inheritable, while the ones not having the nodes are not.
>>
>> I found the following peculiar behavior. Having a unit being inheritable,
>> removing it from the package and then adding it, makes it not inheritable
>> anymore. Is this a bug? Anyone know how to make inheritable again? By
>> inheritable I mean putting it on the list for inheritable items.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> totte
0
Larry