ilink32 fatal error not enough memory

Hi
I'm using c++ builder xe4.
My project is a vcl application which compiles fine but raise an ilink32 fatal error (not enough memory) at final linking stage.

In the old days (BCB6) I had already hit a ilink32 limitation with big projects.

Does anybody know if there's still such limitation in XE4 ? Or best, does anybody know which parameter to tweek or any workaround ?

Thank you.
0
eric

<eric britz> wrote in message news:658464@forums.embarcadero.com...

> Does anybody know if there's still such limitation in XE4 ?

Yes.  It's still a problem for some people, might even be worse.

> Or best, does anybody know which parameter to tweek or any workaround ?

Search the groups, this one and .commandline, shouldn't be too hard to find.

May or may not work for you, helps some people, others not enough
apparently.
0
david
3/10/2014 1:36:09 PM
> {quote:title=eric britz wrote:}{quote}
> My project is a vcl application which compiles fine but raise an ilink32 fatal error (not enough memory) at final linking stage.

Here's the information I got from Embarcadero's tech support on dealing with ilink32 memory errors.  This relies on an undocumented -GH linker option that was added in XE3 update 2.

When you get an out of memory error, build the project from the command line with the /v:diag option:

{code}
MSBuild /p:Platform=Win32 /v:diag XXXX.cbproj
{code}

You should get an error message similar to the following:

{code}
Overrun on linker heap: code
Linker Heaps
------------
info 0x002d0000 0x0a000000
code 0x000d0000 0x00100000
data 0x00030000 0x08000000
bss 0x08000000 0x08000000
Fatal: Out of memory
{code}

The left column gives the number of bytes in use, and the right column gives the number of bytes allocated.

Then go under Project Options, C++ Linker, Additional Options and use the undocumented -GH option to increase the memory allocation for the heap that ran out of space.

In this example, the "code" heap ran out at 0x100000, so add

{code}
-GHcode=0x200000
{code}

In my own code, the tds heap was the cause, so I added

{code}
-GHtds=0xa800000
{code}

Edited by: Josh Kelley on Mar 18, 2014 1:28 PM
0
Josh

FATAL ERROR
I do not use Designer every day. Only for documentation. When I tried to print the graphics I get the message box STOP Sign that says Title bar - FATAL ERROR Text - Not enough Memory to Allocate. TIA Bob Forgot to note in previous. I am using Version 6 "Bob Tirone" <RTironeSr@attbi.com> wrote in message news:MVn12QnBCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > I do not use Designer every day. Only for documentation. > When I tried to print the graphics I get the message box STOP Sign that says > Title bar - FATAL ERROR > Text - Not enough Memory to Allocate...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +italics+ [ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory [Edit]
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +[ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas'+ ul...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory [Edit]
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +[ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas'+ ul...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block SegRelocs in module
CG2007,latest release. This is a fairly large project. I get this error in debug builds but not in Release builds. I am not including CodeGuard. I'm sure there's a Linker setting but for the life of me, I can find no SegRelocs. Any suggestions. > {quote:title=charles leggette wrote:}{quote} > Any suggestions. Hi Charles, I sent you a PM so please be sure to check there. Regards, Lee what's a PM and where do I find it [sorry to be so dumb!].... "Lee Cantey" wrote in message news:58714@forums.codegear.com... >> {quote:title=charles leggett...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block OBJ symbols in modul
Hi all, I get the above error when linking my program with a large dll containing the vcl and a number of third-party components. I'm using CB2009 with ILINK32 version 5.96. Can I somehow control the various limts the linker uses? I saw on the net that TLINK32 had some cfg/ini file that made this possible but I haven't been able to do the same with the linker in CB2009. When I set "Build with runtime packages" everything works but I would like to avoid using this setting since I have to distribute/install more fi les on my users computers. Can I selectively decide which p...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache
I am using C++ Builder XE (RAD Studio XE Enterprise). I am compiling a program with a lot of included files and I got this error message: [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module 'program_name' I increased windows cache memory but this did not fix the problem. Is there an option I can set in the compiler and/or linker to fix it? ...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Could not open <file>.tds (project already open in IDE?) in a vmWare shared folder
I've installed C++ Builder 2010 into an vmWare virtual machine and given access to the code via a shared folder. This way I maintain my system relatively clean and I avoid installing and installing Builder each time I reinstall my host Windows. However it seems the linker is not capable to create/find the TDS file across the vmware shared folders. I've been playing with the Directories and Conditionals but no combination seems work. Mapping the shared folder does not work. A workaround is to share the host folder and then map that share as a normal unit, but ...

ASA6.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------58F036D8EC227FF9750FADB4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm getting the following error message while looping through a result set. I'm able to get a few rows before it crashes. I've done numerous calls to retrieve data from other tables prior to this call. Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this and/or what I can do about it. Using the Task Manager, I monitored "Mem Usage" and "VM Size", and didn't see anything unusual. java....

ILINK32 Fatal Error
Dear All; to my CtrlF9 the IDE responds with "[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Could not open Debug\Project1.exe (program still running?)" pressing CtrlF9 again produces: "[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Could not open Debug\Project1.exe (error code 5)" puzzled... this is BCB12 (aka BS2009) on W7U.32. Is 2009 compatible with Win7? ...

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number ...
Hi Forum members, Iam getting the below error after compiling my CPP project inside the BDS 2006 IDE. I dont get any error during compile time. So only during linking it tells the below error: [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module <my_path>/DrawingBoard.cpp In the above error <my_path> is just a place holder that replaces the actual absolute path on my machine where exactly the file "DrawingBoard.cpp" resides. Now I have following queries: 1) Is this linker fatal error anyway related to the source file "...

[Fatal error] Out of memory
Hi, My system as follows, delphi 7 pro, Centrino 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB ram. I have more than 600 projects on the form. Than the above error message when I compile my project came to my face. What do you suggest? Huseyin BAHADIR wrote: > Hi, > My system as follows, delphi 7 pro, Centrino 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB ram. I > have more than 600 projects on the form. Than the above error message > when I compile my project came to my face. What do you suggest? Do you mean: 600 *forms* in one project? The other way around makes no sense. If you have not tried that yet, close the IDE, start it...

Crystal Reports Error: Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation.
In my ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) application, the following line of code gives the error "Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation." myReport.ExportToHttpResponse(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, Response, blnAsAttachment, strAttachmentFilNam); The same code is working fine on many other installations. The server in question has plenty of memory available. Any help is appreciated.    Hi scptech,That's stupid remark about your problems, but do you used some OLE object inside your report ?Do you have try to export the export as Excel or ...

[ID 20000710.002] fatal error or memory loss when deleting symbols in evaled code with syntax errors
This is a bug report for perl from s_sperli@ira.uka.de, generated with the help of perlbug 1.26 running under perl 5.00503. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Perlbug Team! The bug occurs when trying to delete symbols (a whole package most of the time) pulled in using eval that has a syntax error. Test 1: this is perfectly ok: perl -we 'eval "package f; 1"; print "evaled\n"; undef &main::f::BEGIN; pr= int("deleted\n")' but this dies on the undef: perl -we 'eval "package f; |"; print &...

Web resources about - ilink32 fatal error not enough memory - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Command-Line Utilities Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences Command-Line Utilities Index From RAD Studio Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to C++ Reference C++Builder ...

Unsupported Tools - Andy's Blog and Tools
Andy's Blog and Tools Delphi, C++Builder and other thoughts Skip to content Home IDE Tools DDevExtensions 2.6 IDE Fix Pack 5.1 IDE Fix Pack 2007 ...