How to Track Access Violation in a DLL

I am using CB2009 and CB6.0.

I am looking for guidance on how to setup my program and dlls so I can track an Access Violations in a dll. Right now I do not know any good way to do this. Can anyone recommend an Embarcadero article or provide personal advice on the best way to setup my EXE and DLLs for tracking Access Violations in a dll.

Thanks
Patrick M.
0
patrick

<patrick mikula> wrote in message news:164379@forums.codegear.com...

> I am looking for guidance on how to setup my program and dlls so I can
> track an Access Violations in a dll. Right now I do not know any good way
> to do this. Can anyone recommend an Embarcadero article or provide
> personal advice on the best way to setup my EXE and DLLs for tracking
> Access Violations in a dll.

Can you reproduce the AV at will?  Are both the EXE and DLL compiled in
Debug mode?  Have you tried stepping through the code in the debugger yet?

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)
0

Do I need a third party tracking or logging component? Are there special Debugging tools in the Embarcadero compiler that can be used with dlls? I am just not sure what the best way

Thanks

> Can you reproduce the AV at will?  Are both the EXE and DLL compiled in
> Debug mode?  Have you tried stepping through the code in the debugger yet?
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)
0
patrick
10/8/2009 7:11:54 PM
<patrick mikula> wrote in message news:170689@forums.codegear.com...

> I do not have an active AV right now. I am looking for the best way
> to setup my exe and dll so I can track AVs in the dll.

Make sure both EXE and DLL are compiled in debug mode (or at least with
debug info enabled), and make sure the DLL's source path is included in the
EXE project's search paths.  When you can reproduce the AV, then attach the
debugger to the EXE and step through the code.

> Do I need a third party tracking or logging component?

That is certainly an option, such a MadExcept or EurekaLog.

> Are there special Debugging tools in the Embarcadero compiler that
> can be used with dlls?

There is no difference between debugging a DLL versus debugging an EXE.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

msado15.dll,ntdll.dll Access Violation in XP (sp3)
Hi every one.. Im try something.. I coded a little exe on win 7 64 bit with XE2... one form one adoquery one adoconnection one datasource one dbgrid my query has got one parameters... I create parameters by code. my code block: adoquery1.Close; adoquery1.SQL.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.CreateParameter('pr_param1',ftinteger,pdInput,0,0); showmessage(adoquery1.Parameters[0].Name); adoquery1.SQL.ADD('SELECT (SELECT table1.field1 FROM table1 WHERE table1.OPKODU=table2.OPERASYONKODU) AS OPISIM,* FROM table2 WHERE INCKEYNO=:pr_param1)...

Access violation when using DLL
I have a DLL to control a mobil printer but I get an access violation on FreeLibrary (nothing gets printed). The debugger stops here in the Controls unit. function DoControlMsg(ControlHandle: HWnd; var Message): Boolean; var Control: TWinControl; begin DoControlMsg := False; Control := FindControl(ControlHandle); if Control <> nil then with TMessage(Message) do begin Result := Control.Perform(Msg + CN_BASE, WParam, LParam); DoControlMsg := True; end; end; Here is the code: Var Bixolon: Thandle; PrinterOpen: function(strOutPortName: PW...

Access violation in pbdwe90.dll
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windows 2...

Access violation in dbodbc6.dll
Periodically, our application generates a windows error 'Access violation in dbodbc6.dll'. Usually you can restart the sub module which was involved with generating the error message. Occasionally it is necessary to completely restart the application. I thought there may be some mismatch between library versions... but tests do not seem to bear this out. The Sybase engine is SQLanywhere 6.0 and the platform is WNT 4.0. The problem appears to occur on a subset, but not all of the clients, the application software is common to all clients. This is a fairly mature application...

C DLL
I have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 and the new String type gives me some trouble. I use Delphi units to access *Lotus Notes API*, from a long time (I started using them in Delphi 3).From today and with the new version I'm getting AV error. Error : Access violation at address 6391C265 in module 'NLSCCSTR.DLL'. NLSCCSTR.DLL is a DLL that contains code used in the function DNAbbreviate. Just to give you a sample of two functions +function DNAbbreviate(Flags: LongInt;+ +TemplateName: PChar;+ +InName: PChar;+ ...

Access Violation in dboledb10.dll
Hi, I am getting access violation in dboledb10.dll (probably since one of the last EBF's) whenn accessing SQA 10 data from my Delphi 2009 Application. Sounds very similar to this one from Google Groups. http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/08f12872681c7936# Any hints or hopes for a cure? Regards, Andreas Wieland As a workaround I reinstalled SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 with EBF 3960 on the client machine. Everythng seems to work again, but still I am hoping for a fix for the problem in later EBF's ;-) Andreas, Is this i...

Access violation dbodbc6.dll
Hi! I'm referring a posting 'DBODBC6.DLL error when opening 4 tables in delphi 3' in comp.databases.sybase. The same exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 04C2DD40 in module 'dbodbc6.dll'. Write of address 04911064' is raised in our Delphi 4 application occasionally when the result set of the query is empty. It doesn't happen every time, but has happened more than once. How to proceed to decide if the problem is in dll or in Delphi or in our application? I'll inform more when we know more. Thanks Juho...

Access Violation PBVM60.DLL
Hi guys, We just migrated our apps from 5.0.4 to 6.5.1. All seemed OK. One of them REFUSES to allow access to the debug painter and crashes out at address 0177:1126DA1F Searched dejanews and it doesnt seem to be an issue elsewhere. Any ideas? Paul Paul, I'd check every object to make sure it opens in its respective painter. If one doesn't open, chase the trail back till you find the culprit. Then try to regenerate the objects so that you can get everything to compile. -- Regards, Millard[Team Sybase] Power3 - Custom Enterprise Training Paul N. Doody wr...

Access Violation in IDE [Edit]
Thank you.. By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. Is there an update as far as you know? <Muhammad Tailounie> wrote in message news:122180@forums.codegear.com... > By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just > get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. > Is there an update as far as you know? You did not say which version of C++Builder you are using, or what the AV says. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quo...

Access Violation in JS32.DLL
Using a current (as of today) CVS-snapshot MSVC6 thread-safe build of JS32.DLL, the following problem occurs, but *only* when using a "release" build (and yes, I have the /opt:noicf link option): When using capturing parenthesis in a deeply nested call to Array.split(), the actual regular expression used is /(\r?\n\r?\n)/, I get: "The instruction at "0x002843da" referenced memory at "0xffffffb8". The memory could not be "read". Click "Cancel" to debug and get: "Unhandled exception in program.exe (JS32.DLL): 0xC0000005...

Using DLL -- Access Violation
HI everyone, i don't know where to post this problem so I put it here because it deals with a DLL that connects to a web service. I'm writing a DLL that connects to a webService and that implements some business logic with the data it captures from the web service. This DLL has to be used by other languages. The problem I have is that when I try to use the DLL with other languages I get an access violation. I'm writing the DLL with Delphi 2009 Professional Edition and I try to use the DLL with a program writed in Delphi 6 professional. Why when I try to call a function from ...

access violation when I quit from the IDE
I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message: Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address 00000000 some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on... Any idea of what is happening? Thanks! Sergio sergio gonzalez wrote: > I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message: > > Exception EAccessV...

Access Violation PBVM90.dll
I wrote similar topic in this group last few days. I Investigation what is wrong. My ActiveX has one simple method with passing some parameters And one event handler. This AcitveX looping in thread which occur the event each 3 seconds. I was put a code for get exceptions around at event occur point. I got an below error when call ActiveX method in ActiveX event handler. "Access violation at address 10B11627 in module 'PBVM90.dll'. Write of address 000000008" symptoms: - Can't call ActiveX method in ActiveX event handler with access violation e...

Access violation in PBDWE90.DLL
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windo...

Web resources about - How to Track Access Violation in a DLL - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a &quot;hit list&quot; and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.