How to fix Nonshared DATA segment required? [Edit]

Hi,
How can I fix the *Nonshared DATA segment required* error when
I enabling codeguard and trying to compile my project in
Win 8?

Edited by: Mohen Sadeghbeigi on Feb 3, 2013 12:47 PM
0
Mohen

Mohen Sadeghbeigi wrote:

> How can I fix the *Nonshared DATA segment required* error when
> I enabling codeguard and trying to compile my project in
> Win 8?

Some information:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=519396&tstart=0#519396

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=528099&tstart=0#528099

--
Alex
0
> {quote:title=Alex Belo wrote:}{quote}
> Mohen Sadeghbeigi wrote:
>
> > How can I fix the *Nonshared DATA segment required* error when
> > I enabling codeguard and trying to compile my project in
> > Win 8?
>
> Some information:
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=519396&tstart=0#519396
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=528099&tstart=0#528099
>
> --
> Alex

Mohen
2/6/2013 7:12:03 PM

> > Some information:
> >
> > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=519396&tstart=0#519396
> >
> > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=528099&tstart=0#528099

Don't see how anything in those links help fixing the issue?

One link talks about "disabling -dc compiler flag ", which sounds promising. However, what is the -dc compiler flag?

Thanks
-Totte

Edited by: totte karlsson on Feb 8, 2013 10:19 AM

Edited by: totte karlsson on Feb 8, 2013 10:20 AM
0
totte
2/8/2013 6:20:44 PM
totte karlsson wrote:

> One link talks about "disabling -dc compiler flag", which sounds
> promising. However, what is the -dc compiler flag?

Run compiler from command line with /? as parameter to get help on
compiler command line options.

-dc  Put strings into the read-only data segment

--
Alex
0
On 2/8/2013 11:18 PM, Alex Belo wrote:
> totte karlsson wrote:
>
>> One link talks about "disabling -dc compiler flag", which sounds
>> promising. However, what is the -dc compiler flag?
>
> Run compiler from command line with /? as parameter to get help on
> compiler command line options.
>
> -dc  Put strings into the read-only data segment
Thanks, found it. However, looking at the list it says -dc is not a
default setting, so one question is, where is it set?

If set, somewhere, how can one 'unset' it? There is a note saying:
Note: -X- or -w-XXX will usually undo whatever was set or unset by -X or
-wXXX.

Is there a pragma thingy one can do to disable it?
I tried to put #pragma option -dc-, but is getting the same error popup.

Codeguard is really useful and getting it going would be great.

-totte

ps: would one have to recompile all libraries that the application is
using too, disabling that flag?
0
totte
2/16/2013 11:23:40 PM
totte karlsson wrote:

> If set, somewhere

I don't use XE, so I can only speculate

- somewhere in project options->additional compiler options ?
- somewhere in project file ?

> Is there a pragma thingy one can do to disable it?

No idea, sorry.

--
Alex
0
>> -dc  Put strings into the read-only data segment
> Thanks, found it. However, looking at the list it says -dc is not a
> default setting, so one question is, where is it set?
Found out that it can be set in the IDE, Options->C++Compiler->Advanced
under section strings.

However, it is not set in any of my projects. Toggling the flag don not
make CG working.

What worked for creator of this thread don't seem to work for me.

-tk
0
totte
2/18/2013 2:49:10 AM
totte karlsson wrote:

> However, it is not set in any of my projects. Toggling the flag don
> not make CG working.

I think this issue should be filed into QC (I see no QC report on this
theme).

You also can try madExcept's leak detector instead of CG.

--
Alex

Edited by: Alex Belo on Feb 18, 2013 10:22 AM
0
Alex

Nonshared DATA segment required
Hi, I have problem debugging an application that links to some libraries. When turning on CodeGuard, the first things that happens is a popup popping up saying Nonshared DATA segment required After clicking OK, the debugger faults and I can't get any further. Any ideas what is going on? -totte Found out that creating an empty console project, and enabling codeguard causes this. I am running on Win8 preview and perhaps that is the problem? -totte On 6/25/2012 1:02 PM, totte karlsson wrote: > Hi, > I have problem debugging an application that links to so...

Windows 8 Nonshared DATA segment required
>Hello good morning. I'm using Embarcadero C++ Builder 2010, and prepared an application for windows 7 which is fine. When installing it in windows 8 it produces, just on loading, the error "Nonshared DATA segment required". Followed by an Access Violation at 0x7715a710 write of address 0x00000014 DLL's in the call stack are: ntdll.dll (At the mentioned address) then cg32.dll and cc32100mt.dll... I cant find what is happening. you see... I had never paid attention to that list of libraries, but now I'm starting thinking in some incompatibility between the complile...

How to edit the Data I retrieve from DataBase and Edit Data and then save it as a .txt file?
hi I need to retrieve Data From DB  ( I know how to do it) if the data is like Code (column name) ---------------------------------- xx1234 xx3293 xx5211 xx9230 xx1342   How to modify the Data I got from DB and Modify "xx" as "99" so the result would be  (only modify the Data retrive from DB , Don't modify the Data in DataBase) Code (column name) ---------------------------------- 991234 993293 995211 999230 991342   and output this result to a .txt file?   I using SQL2000 and Asp.Net C#   thank you   Use ...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, U...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, UPDAT...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

SQL Update from Editable Datagrid not 'seeing' editted data
Datagrid is displayed with all the right data (data retrieved in Load_Data() using doc_id passed to .aspx). Two fields in datagrid are edittable. If data in fields is changed and btnUpdate_click is executed (executed via onclick event in button at bottom of datagrid) the UPDATE command IS actually updating the database HOWEVER it is NOT using the editted data, but rather the original data. I've read 100 differnt posts about not rebinding the data, etc. and I'm not rebinding the data. The code I have is actually from the gotdotnet.com samples (http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/util/...

Fixes fixes fixes
Here we go again. Find attached version 1.2 of my Java wrapper classes. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division begin 666 JavaWrappers.ssc M/"$M+5-#4DE05"!*879A5W)A<'!E<G,N<W-C(&-R96%T960@;VX@5&AU+" P M-2!!=6<@,3DY.2 P,3HT.3HT,0T*+RH@("HO#0H-"@T*+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O M+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O M+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\O+R\-"@T*+R\@2F%V82 M/B!0 M;W=E<D1Y;F%M;R!(96QP97(@8VQA<W-E<PT*+R\@5F5R<VEO;B Q+C(-"B\O M($1A=F4@5V]L9@T*+R\@8V]P>7)I9VAT(#$Y.3D@4WEB87-E($EN8R!...

testing edit fixes [Edit]
first time -- Jon Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on Feb 5, 2009 5:44 PM Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on Feb 5, 2009 5:44 PM ...

Is that Bug: when paste data in TPath object in IDE [Edit]
When paste some data (SVG) in TPath object inside IDE, it is show normal shape in right window, but when we press OK, data became corrupted, could'not see it in Update 1, only update 2. Edited by: Sergionn Rad on Nov 13, 2011 5:46 AM > {quote:title=Sergionn Rad wrote:}{quote} > When paste some data (SVG) in TPath object inside IDE, it is show normal > shape in right window, but when we press OK, data became corrupted, > could'not see it in Update 1, only update 2. There are some parsing bugs in the TPathData object. If your path data is "compressed" ...

iFolder Professional Edition requires that your data be re-encrypted...
I'm running NetWare 6.5 SBS with iFolder 2.1. From a remote client, the iFolder web interface logs in and accesses data fine. But when I install the iFolder client and try to connect, the following error occurs after having entered the pass phrase... "iFolder Professional Edition requires that your data be re-encrypted. Contact your iFolder administrator, who will have you log in again after resetting your account. When you login in, you will be prompted for a new pass phrase (you can enter the same pass phrase that you had in 1.0) and then iFolder will upload your local dat...

Does the XE6 IDE fix error insight and navigation issues? [Edit]
Title mostly says it all really; by navigation, I mean control-clicking on a class/var etc and finding that instead of jumping to the correct line, the caret jumps to some other random place. I've had XE and never managed to resolve the above. Has anybody independent - respectfully, no Team B folks please - had these issues with previous versions and now found them resolved? I appreciate that the ultimate test is to download it and see, but the environment setup for my current project is complex to transfer/clone and a 'hello world' won't usually reveal anything, so I d...

Bug in TFDEncoder.Decode (causes data lost)
Hi, In TFDEncoder.Decode (FireDAC.Stan.Util.pas) when you call UnicodeFromLocaleChars you have: {code} ecUTF8: begin if ASrcLen = -1 then ASrcLen := FDAnsiStrLen(PFDAnsiString(ASrc)); iMaxLen := (ASrcLen + 1) * SizeOf(WideChar); if ADest = nil then ADest := Alloc(iMaxLen); Result := UnicodeFromLocaleChars(CP_UTF8, 0, MarshaledAString(ASrc), ASrcLen, PWideChar(ADest), iMaxLen); {code} Last parameter of UnicodeFromLocaleChars should be string len, but you are actually puts bytes length! Fi...

The relatively simple fix of keeping in memory the data required to show option in the Awesome Bar is GREAT
Name: Paul Jones Email: pauljdotmailatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: The relatively simple fix of keeping in memory the data required to show option in the Awesome Bar is GREAT Comments: The relatively simple fix of keeping in memory the data required to show options in the Awesome Bar is GREAT It's list is now initially populated and ammended VERY quickly, as you type. This small change from parts of a second to just a few 10s of milliseconds makes a HUGE difference to the liveliness (and hence feel) of the Awesome Bar Good Job Browser Details: Mozilla/5...

Web resources about - How to fix Nonshared DATA segment required? [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Twin study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twin studies reveal the absolute and relative importance of environmental and genetic influences on individuals in a sample. Twin research is ...

【每日动态】JAMA:孤独症的环境因素与遗传因素同等重要 - 医药生命科学动态跟踪 -丁香园论坛
Importance Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) aggregatesin families, but the individual risk and to what extent this is caused bygenetic factors ...

Of mice and men: Genes, environment, and whatever
... of luck? A paper in Science, Freund et al., "Emergence of Individuality in Genetically Engineered Mice," assesses the effects of the nonshared ...

Random microworlds: the mystery of nonshared environment
... at random from the population. ... it has become widely accepted that the source of this dissimilarity is a variance component called nonshared ...

Our Futile Efforts to Boost Children's IQ
It increasingly appears that once we have provided children with a merely OK environment, our social contribution to their intellectual ability ...

Obama: Hitler’s Radio, Fireflies, and the Internet - Dead Cats & Clippings
When a Philadelphia lady asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Mr. Franklin?” “A republic, madam, if you can keep it.” Aaron Klein ...

Electrical computers and digital data processing systems: input/output
Freshpatents.com offers information on a variety of new patent applications, updated each week - check out Electrical computers and digital data ...

CONTENTS "z/OS V1R8.0 DFSMS Using Data Sets" IBM Library Server
Summarize COVER Book Cover EDITION Edition Notice CONTENTS Table of Contents FIGURES Figures TABLES Tables PREFACE About This Document PREFACE.1 ...

Microsoft backs Java for cross-platform mobile apps
Developers can write in their favorite Java IDE, and JUniversal will translate it to the appropriate language for the platform