David Dean Quality Central Reports.

David,

See the public attachments ( Random Exceptions ) for a list of Reports that
I have submitted concerning Exceptions that occur during compile/linking of
my projects.

These exceptions must be fixed before we will move to Rad Studio XE.

I will do my utmost to provide Codegear with information to solve these
issues.

Larry Griffiths.

Kalos Inc.
0
Larry

Do these Automated Incident Reports get looked at?

I looked at the ones I generated back to 2008 and none of the are close and
none contain any information that the were resolved in a build.
0
Larry
10/14/2010 5:12:47 PM
In article <297125@forums.embarcadero.com>,
 Larry Griffiths <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote:

   Thanks for the reports referenced in the earlier post. I'll make sure
someone take a gander at them.

> Do these Automated Incident Reports get looked at?

   Yes, but through a data mining tool, so many of them don't get
individual attention, but the most common errors and stack traces go to
the top of the list of things to be looked at.

> I looked at the ones I generated back to 2008 and none of the are close and
> none contain any information that the were resolved in a build.

   Right, in all likelihood they won't get individual attention.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
 Larry Griffiths <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote:

> See the public attachments ( Random Exceptions ) for a list of Reports that
> I have submitted concerning Exceptions that occur during compile/linking of
> my projects.

   We're seeing similar crashes in a large number of AIRs submitted. Is
it OK if I contact you directly in email to have you try a few things?
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

"David Dean (Embarcadero)" <david.dean.no@spam.embarcadero.com> wrote in
message news:297566@forums.embarcadero.com...
> In article <296517@forums.embarcadero.com>,
> Larry Griffiths <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> See the public attachments ( Random Exceptions ) for a list of Reports
>> that
>> I have submitted concerning Exceptions that occur during compile/linking
>> of
>> my projects.
>
>   We're seeing similar crashes in a large number of AIRs submitted. Is
> it OK if I contact you directly in email to have you try a few things?
> --
> David Dean (Embarcadero)
> Lead C++ QA Engineer
0
Larry
10/16/2010 5:09:28 PM
My problems seems awfully close to what was happing to someone in the 2010
IDE:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=184268

"David Dean (Embarcadero)" <david.dean.no@spam.embarcadero.com> wrote in
message news:297566@forums.embarcadero.com...
> In article <296517@forums.embarcadero.com>,
> Larry Griffiths <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> See the public attachments ( Random Exceptions ) for a list of Reports
>> that
>> I have submitted concerning Exceptions that occur during compile/linking
>> of
>> my projects.
>
>   We're seeing similar crashes in a large number of AIRs submitted. Is
> it OK if I contact you directly in email to have you try a few things?
> --
> David Dean (Embarcadero)
> Lead C++ QA Engineer
0
Larry

Quality central reports
Hello everyone Does anyone have a clue why all reports from quality central have a modified date as 03/20/2012 02:24:39 I just create a bug report and for curiosity I queried all recently closed reports to check how things were going there (What reports were being worked on) and I just showed me many old reports all with the same Modified Date Am 20.03.2012 11:43, schrieb Eric Fleming Bonilha: > Hello everyone > > Does anyone have a clue why all reports from quality central have a modified date as 03/20/2012 02:24:39 > > I just create a bug report and for curiosit...

Unfinished Quality Central reports
I ran across a [defect|http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=110344] in Quality Central that looks like it has been forgotten/ignored. Is there a way to make sure these reports get looked at? I voted for it but I don't know what that does exactly. I haven't used QC much so I'm just curious what happens in a situation like this. Michael McFarland wrote: > I ran across a [defect|http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=110344] in Quality Central that looks like it has been forgotten/ignored. Is there a way to make sure these reports get looked at? I voted for it but ...

What time zone is used in Quality Central's report?
Hi, I am not in the same time zone as CodeGear's server. My time zone is GMT+8. I don't understand the Date and Time in the QC report and the reply section. Is there any time zone setting in our CDN account to make it more sensible to people like me who live in alien time zone. -- Best regards, Chau Chee Yang E Stream Software Sdn Bhd URL: www.sql.com.my SQL Financial Accounting On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:23:15 -0700, Chee-Yang Chau 周起阳 wrote: > Is there any time zone setting in our CDN account to make it more > sensible to people like me who live in alien time...

Quality Central down?
Hi, I found two bugs in Delphi's TypInfo unit which I wanted to post with quality central but today I'm getting a lot of timeouts and error pages. I'm logged in but it doesn't show my user name. Instead it only says "You are logged in as" and the rest is missing. So I'm trying to submit a new report but there's no text next to "Report Submitter:" (which I guess is a required field). Quality Central feels really buggy and non-intuitive! Is anyone else having these problems? Thanks, Markus Markus Hastreiter wrote: > I found two bugs i...

Low quality of the Quality Central & Co. or too pretending customer?
Hi to everybody, Actually I'm quite disappointed with Embarcadero's services. Meaning the answers/feedback I'm getting by QC operators and R&D team. It seems to me there is nobody that works as supervisor because my impression is they are free to answer you whatever without some kind of manager that controls if the feedback is the proper one, if it is correct or not, if they were kindly with the user and so on. Well telling it shortly it seems to me there is no concept of QoS and customer care. It happened to me an R&D gu y gave me a technically false feedback and nobody ...

Need advice on debugging my crystal report. Is there a way to execute a crystal report formula within the IDE
 Hello. I am new to crystal reports.  I am looking for ways to debug my Crystal report. Sometimes when my application generates a report, the report only displays the top of the report with no results displayed at all. I am thinking that the reason for this is that my formula sometimes returns a value of zero. In turn this results in the report not being generated. Here is my formula. Is there a way to step through the execution of this crystal reports code, without having to start my C#/ASP.NET application in the debugger? In other words within the Crystal report displayed in th...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs and how to use them? I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with them, but I do know they exist.  Just search for 3rd party .net graphing sdks.  ...

Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?
I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?...

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

Quality Central Outage
Quality Central will be shut down March 14 2008 starting at 8:00 pm eastern standard time for database maintenance/migration. The outage is planned for 6 hours but hopefully it will be significantly shorter. Update on availability will be posted here Rob Schieck Quality Central is backup keep smiling Rob Schieck ...

Quality Central Issues
The web version of QC does not seem to know how many votes I have available, and doesn't make it obvious to me how many I have either. http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?v=-1 Shows a listing of my votes, but there is no column for how many votes I allocated to each item, nor a total votes cast/total available. I removed votes from several reports but I still cannot vote for any other bug reports. It gives me an error about exceeding the number of votes but does not specify what the maximum is! AFAIK, everyone has a max of 5 votes, but I cannot even find a QC page ...

Quality Central notifications
I recently enabled notifications in Quality Central using the standalone application (via "Report | Notifications"). The project I chose was "Delphi-BCB" but when I added the notification QC says the project name is "Delphi". I thought that internally I would get C++Builder reports as well (given that the web interface lumps Delphi and C++Builder together). After a couple of days of notifications I noticed that I am not getting C++Builder notifications. There appears to be no project to select that will give me C++Builder notifications either. ...

Centralize generated reports...
Hi, We are comtemplating the centralized implementation of the reports generated by the system? There is a plan to store the generated report (Word reports) in the database (Oracle) as BLOB objects. Before we get into the intricacies of design and development, we would like to know of the Pro's and Con's of this approach. Has anyone worked on this kind of project? If so, could you possibly relate the Pro's and Con's that you faced while you worked on this project? If not, what are the possible alternatives? Thanks in advance for all the comments. Cheers, Bij...

ping David Dean
David, With the posting of various sneak peek videos, and the long duration of the much rumored "field test" of Tiburon, it appears you may be nearing its release. I have raised the issue of C++ language conformance in the past (see http://groups.google.ca/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical/browse_frm/thread/bc6e6bd0384539b6/85c401b1857e22d3?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#85c401b1857e22d3 and http://groups.google.ca/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical/browse_thread/thread/41f4381ed04b8a92/bf9de10ae1458b7b?hl=en&lnk=st&q=C%2B%2B+Builder...

What happened to Quality Central??
I am a Registered 2007,2009,2010 user and a trial XE user...I have a 2010 and XE problem that hasn't been answered on Forums....I want Embarc to look at as it is a Linker issue. I cannot find QC...so how do I get real support from Embarc???? In article <389363@forums.embarcadero.com>, charles leggette <> wrote: > I am a Registered 2007,2009,2010 user and a trial XE user...I have a 2010 and > XE problem that hasn't been answered on Forums....I want Embarc to look at as > it is a Linker issue. > I cannot find QC...so how do I get real support from Embar...

quality central does not work
The Quality Central emit the message: "The Server is currently not available. Would you like to start in offline mode?" After answer YES, the error message "Session id not valid. Please log in". But I don't known how to login from the IDE. That appears in Embarcadero Rad Studio XE6, XE7 and CodeGear RAD Studio 2007. What can I do? El 9/11/14 a las 12:31, Martin Stratmann escribió: > The Quality Central emit the message: "The Server is currently not > available. Would you like to start in offline mode?" > > After answer YE...

Relink Quality Central
Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new Server? Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. Using XE7, installed from the ISO delphicbuilder_xe7_upd1_win.iso. Martin wrote: > Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new > Server? Are you referring to QualityPortal? That is a VERY different beast than QualityCentral, and there is no QP client available, so you have to access it from a we browser. > Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. That is still the current QC server. --...

Quality Central and Attachments
Is the ability to create attachments for some bug reports and not others a server-control configuration (e.g., being enabled by administration for some categories, and disabled for others)? Also, why am I required to download a native executable in order to upload attachments, as I was told in this report: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=111809 The following QC report has not allowed me to attach a ZIP file to a report, because there is no option for it. (This is a separate issue to the HTML entity encoding/decoding inconsistencies mentioned briefly in the above report.) ht...

Relink Quality Central
Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new Server? Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. Using XE7, installed from the ISO delphicbuilder_xe7_upd1_win.iso. Martin wrote: > Is there a way to connect the IDE Tools / Quality Centry to the new > Server? Are you referring to QualityPortal? That is a VERY different beast than QualityCentral, and there is no QP client available, so you have to access it from a we browser. > Currently it looks for the old server qc.embarcadero.com. That is still the current QC server. --...

Quality Central Appears to be Down???
Is Quality Central down? (That's embarrassing<g>) Mike Going to qc.embarcadero.com gives me Server Error in '/wc' Application. Unable to complete network request to host "etnadb01:3045". Failed to establish a connection. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Unable to complete network request to host &qu...

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

MOVED: Quality Central notifications
In article <28126@forums.codegear.com>, Clayton Arends <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote: > After a couple of days of notifications I noticed that I am not getting > C++Builder notifications. There appears to be no project to select that > will give me C++Builder notifications either. I moved this this thread and I've also set followups for this post to go to: embarcadero.public.developernetwork.qualitycentral <https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?messageID=28126&tstart=0#28126> -- David Dean (CodeGear) Lead C++ QA Engineer...

Web resources about - David Dean Quality Central Reports. - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Quality control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Controls include product inspection , where every product is examined visually, and often using a stereo microscope for fine detail before the ...

Obituary: Chemist played a quality innings
&nbsp;Ken Sheahan was a kind and gentlemanly man with indefatigable interest in anything that sparked his inquiring mind.

Obituary: Chemist played a quality innings
Ken Sheahan was a kind and gentlemanly man with indefatigable interest in anything that sparked his inquiring mind.

Consumer Reports just called out Fiat Chrysler for its alarmingly bad quality
On Tuesday, Consumer Reports called out Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for its vehicles' lacking quality in the publication's annual Automotive Brand ...

NREL Releases New International Solar PV Manufacturing Quality Standard
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new international quality standard for manufacturing solar photovoltaic (PV) modules ...

How to set up a quality Mac podcasting rig for under $300
Podcasting has been experiencing a renaissance lately, and for good reason. Podcasts can be about a wide variety of topics, from Apple to sports, ...

Emails show Michigan Gov. Snyder's aides warned about degraded water quality in Flint early on
... Flint stopped getting its drinking water from the Detroit water system and switched to the Flint River as a source that the city’s water quality ...

LG and B&O PLAY Team Up for High-Quality Sound Experience on G5
... announced today that it has entered into an agreement with premium audio firm B&O PLAY to offer its smartphone users an enhanced high-quality ...

Quality Eats Is the Future of the New York Steakhouse
... uniform institutions hawking pricey shellfish platters, á la carte sides, over-chilled Caesar salads, and gargantuan cuts of meat. Quality ...

What Apple Did (And Didn't) Say About Its Software Quality
Apple's software quality is a hot-button issue again, leading execs Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi to publicly address concerns and promise to ...