Connect a TComponent "TDataBase" to a database MS SQL Server 2008 (OS W7)

Hello,

I try to connect a TDataBase component to a MS SQL Server 2008 database (OS windows server 2008 R2 64 bits).
I work with C++ Builder XE3 update 1.
I configured a ODBC to the database and it work fine. The client OS is windows 7 (64 bits)
But when I associate it to the component there is an error message :
"SQL Error :
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Specified SQL Server not found.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Connection Open (Connect())
Alias : MyAlias"
I tried several things for found a solution, but it doesn't work.
If someone has an idea, I will be very happy to read it.
Thanks for advance.
Best regards,

Fabien
0
Estrella

Any reason why you must use the TDatabase and not the ADO Components?
You'd have more driver connection options with those and you'd be able
to test your options in the IDE.

Esther

On 2/4/2015 2:48 AM, Estrella DelKaos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to connect a TDataBase component to a MS SQL Server 2008 database (OS windows server 2008 R2 64 bits).
> I work with C++ Builder XE3 update 1.
> I configured a ODBC to the database and it work fine. The client OS is windows 7 (64 bits)
> But when I associate it to the component there is an error message :
> "SQL Error :
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Specified SQL Server not found.
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Connection Open (Connect())
> Alias : MyAlias"
> I tried several things for found a solution, but it doesn't work.
> If someone has an idea, I will be very happy to read it.
> Thanks for advance.
> Best regards,
>
> Fabien

0
Esther

Membership. The website application attempts to connect to the "aspnetdb" database with wrong login (MS SQL Server 2005)
I have followed the walkthrough "Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio) " First, I had a problem with  the Web Site Administration tool, that could not connect to the database to store membership data. I found this stuff that helped to configure the provider and the connection string in the machine.config file. I've run aspnet_regsql.exe utility and specified the credentials to connect to the database.So, now I'm able to access the Security tab in the Web Site Administration tool. I've create users from there.But when I run...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

Getting "When connecting to SQL Server 2005 Error" using MS SQL 2000?
I'm new to using VS2005 and this is my first project connecting to our MS SQL 2000. App worked fine on my dev PC, connection to the same MS SQL Server. Published the web site to the web server (same server running MS SQL Server) and getting the below error. Is this a permission setup problem on SQL Server or does it really think it's connecting with a MS SQL 2005 database? An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remot...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

"connections to SQL server files (*.mdf)" error message in Visual studio when adding a new SQL database
Hope you can help. Running Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer2005.  I have created a new project and am attempting to add a new SQL database to it.  When I select the SQL database I get an "Connections to SQL server files (*.mdf) requires SQL Server Express to function properly" error message.  I also tried to add an existng database and it errors out as well "The file can not be opened as it is being used by another process.....".  However, I can create a new data source connection to existing SQL databases.  One caveat though.  I can ...

How to display the data from" SQL SERVER" Database in "aspx" page by CHART
Hello, nice to have meet so many helpful friends. Would you please do me a favour?There is much difficulty in solving the problem. I am trying to display the data from" SQL SERVER" Database in "aspx" page by CHART,For example:http://tech.ccidnet.com/pub/attachment/2003/5/180528.gif http://tech.ccidnet.com/pub/attachment/2003/5/180529.gif So that,I can see the data fuctioning In <Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc>,But I failed. Would you please provide me a real case and give me some explanation ? Your kind help would be highly appreciated!I'm flying.... ...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

Profile property and "Unable to connect to SQL Server database."

"Mricrosoft SQL Server" or "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File
Hi: Trying to understand this logic: We can choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server" or "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File" as our data source. I understand that if we choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server", the database is located in server, such as: c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL1\Data\Northwind.mdf But if we choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File", what will it happen? does that mean it will create a copy of a database (say Northwind.mdf) to my current web application foler, say in: App_Data foder? What is the main advantage (or purpose) ...

MS SQL Server 2005
  Hi dear devs, admins or users!   Two weeks ago I had a problem with transfering databases from v8 to v9, I placed the question here (original message attached), but I received not the answer which I need. I try to transfer databases with the CDW ("Copy Database Wizard"), which should run through 5 action steps. The process stops after the 'action 2', the step "Create Package" failed allways. The error message which I receive is "Library not registered". I was very surprised, because two weeks ago the process stoped after the action ...

"Not connected to SQL Database"
What is this error message? I have never saw this message at SQL Anywhere 5.5.01 version. Is it problem of SQL Anywhere 5.5.04? How can I prevent this error? -- Kim, Jiwon Kim, this is the message that I have seen before. When I had this problem, it was because my connection to the database had been idle for a period of time longer than the allowed amount of time before an idle connection is "dropped". So, I would tend to believe that you only get this message after your connection has been idle for four hours (the default), or for a period of time greater than or e...

"SQL Error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation"
we are using SQL Anywhere Server with Power Designer 6.1. It's not possible to create or modify the Database form Power builder without this message "SQL Error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation" we are connected to the database as dba over odbc and the server is running. Further more its possible to make reverse Engineering from Power Designer. Does anybody knows whats the solution for this problem The engine that comes with PowerDesigner is authenticated and you can't do much with it outside of PowerDesigner....

Seperating between "data" and "web-server" database.
Hello. I created a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere database file to store Web pages. But my "data" database is on an Oracle Server. In the old NetImpact Dynamo Model Extended Attributes I can choose the "data" database on the database tab and "web-server" database on the web server tab. But in the newPowerDynamo Model Extended Attributes there is no longer a database tab. Is there another way around this? Thanks. I think I can answer this one, but you might have had better luck posting in the powersoft.public.easerver forum. In PowerDynamo ...