[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable

I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:

{code}
[DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
{code}

Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?

Thank you in advance for your help.
0
Dmitri

> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

We suffer from the same bug with ICS under BCBXE2 (and no Delphi). The dcc32 is inside the bin folder but it cannot execute it! Shame on Embarcadero for his 899Euro software. Really hope they can fix it ASAP.

Best Regards,

SZ
0
Gorkem
2/11/2011 9:48:28 PM
<Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer> wrote in message

> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When
> I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project
> and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality
> "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform
> "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}

Did you install the Delphi personality when you installed XE2?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> I'm not really sure what you mean. I've got a C++ Builder
> XE2 Enterprise license and installed the whole package.

Did you install just C++Builder, or did you install RAD Studio with both C++
and Delphi enabled?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> I don't have a RAD license but just the C++ Builder XE2 Enterprise
> license. There was no option to enable or disable Delphi.

A lot of changes were made in order to support multiple platforms.  I know
that there are issues with compiling .pas files in C++ packages.  Sounds
like something similar is occuring with C++ applications as well.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

>did you install RAD Studio with both C++
>and Delphi enabled?

Not on a C++ Builder license. But it should still compile .pas files
as long as they are in a C++ builder project.

 - Leo
0
Leo
9/8/2011 12:06:46 AM
"Leo Siefert" <lsiefert@senate.michigan.gov> wrote in message

> Not on a C++ Builder license. But it should still compile .pas
> files as long as they are in a C++ builder project.

That is what it USED to do.  With the new platform capabilities, that seems
to have some problems now.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

We suffer from the same bug with ICS under BCBXE2 (and no Delphi). The dcc32 is inside the bin folder but it cannot execute it! Shame on Embarcadero for his 899Euro software. Really hope they can fix it ASAP.

Best Regards,

SZ
0
Gorkem
9/12/2011 1:58:27 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

We suffer from the same bug with ICS under BCBXE2 (and no Delphi). The dcc32 is inside the bin folder but it cannot execute it! Shame on Embarcadero for his 899Euro software. Really hope they can fix it ASAP.

Best Regards,

SZ
0
Gorkem
9/12/2011 1:59:23 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> Can we call this a bug or can I take some action?

I'm not really sure what to do now. I've bought a product which doesn't work properly. The new C++ Builder XE2 is completely useless for me at the moment. Can someone please give me some advice what I should do?
0
Dmitri
9/14/2011 8:01:08 AM
Hello,

if you are not in a hurry, perhaps wait for an update which might fix
this. It's a basic failure which one could expected to be corrected in
the first update.

Please make sure there's a QC report for this problem.

--
Hey, it compiles! Ship it!
0
> {quote:title=Moritz Beutel wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> if you are not in a hurry, perhaps wait for an update which might fix
> this. It's a basic failure which one could expected to be corrected in
> the first update.
>
> Please make sure there's a QC report for this problem.
>
> --
> Hey, it compiles! Ship it!

Thank you for your response. Waiting until there is a fix is of course the solution but it would be nice if the people of Embarcadero give some response that they are working on it or that they are aware of the problem.

In my opinion, reporting the problem in the Quality Central is something the people of Embarcadero should do when they read these type of bug messages in the forum. The product is not usable. I've visited the Quality Central. The Central looks messy to me and is really slow (this forum is also terribly slow). It's hard to find if a bug is already called. :(
0
Dmitri
9/14/2011 11:05:43 AM
Hello,

Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:

> In my opinion, reporting the problem in the Quality Central is
> something the people of Embarcadero should do when they read these
> type of bug messages in the forum.

maybe, but regardless of what is right or wrong, if you want to get it
fixed the first and most important step is always to get it reported.
That's my experience at least.

> The Central looks messy to me and is really slow

Be sure to use the Win32 client to report bugs (in the IDE:
Tools|Quality Central). Should be straightforward, and much less
confusing than the web client. (Even though I think the term
"dbcontrolsaurus" fits this QC client application very well :) )

> (this forum is also terribly slow).

Yes, that's one of the reasons why many of us use a newsreader.

> It's hard to find if a bug is already called. :(

With the Win32 client you can do detailed queries.

--
Hey, it compiles! Ship it!
0
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 04:38:32 -0700, Moritz Beutel <grue@zork.com> wrote:

>confusing than the web client. (Even though I think the term
>"dbcontrolsaurus" fits this QC client application very well :) )

yeah, I liked that too, eric had a point there :)

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan
0
> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Having same issue with Delphi XE2!
0
Craig
10/8/2011 3:45:37 AM
> {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Did You solve this problem?
0
Piotr
2/9/2012 10:01:48 AM
> {quote:title=Piotr Pienszke wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Dmitri V.F. Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> > I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
> >
> > {code}
> > [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> > [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> > {code}
> >
> > Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Did You solve this problem?

Just install this software and brand me the same error when trying to do a simple example, could you help me? Thank

Edited by: Eloy Velazquez Beltran on Sep 9, 2012 11:37 PM
0
Eloy
9/10/2012 6:38:56 AM
hi,

i'm reinstall my computer and rad studio XE2 ans i have this error.

i don't understand because nothing change on the computer.

(sorry for english, i'm frensh).
0
Anonymous
2/1/2013 11:13:52 AM
> {quote:title=Dmitri Luchtmeijer wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages:
>
> {code}
> [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.
> {code}
>
> Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any problems. What's wrong, is this a setting in the IDE?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Go into RAD studio command prompt and enter "set platform=Win32". Then go into Delphi, look in the tools tab, then options, environment variables and add an override for the platform to win32.
0
Harry

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

"To" and "From" missing

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

double quote

"Using" or "With"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Using "+" or "||"

replace the "." with a ","

"Me" is better than "You"

Web resources about - [XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide