[XE] IDE access violations are frequent.

I get access violations in the IDE frequently during linking.

Once I get an access violation I pretty much have to shut down the IDE as
violations occur doing almost anything in the IDE after the first one.

I did not create new Projects but instead used the ones from CB2009.

I will try to create new Projects sometime to see if it makes the IDE stable
during linking.

I think some of my Linking Error:Export messages are because the
Import/Export code was newly created or heavily modified in XE.

Bruno made mention of this in one of the Quality Central incidents.

Larry
0
Larry

In article <295152@forums.embarcadero.com>,
 Larry Griffiths <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote:

> I get access violations in the IDE frequently during linking.

Are you submitting the AIRs for them?

> I think some of my Linking Error:Export messages are because the
> Import/Export code was newly created or heavily modified in XE.

Yes, Import/Export did indeed undergo a major overhaul.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

Larry

"David Dean (Embarcadero)" <david.dean.no@spam.embarcadero.com> wrote in
message news:295548@forums.embarcadero.com...
> In article <295152@forums.embarcadero.com>,
> Larry Griffiths <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote:
>
>> I get access violations in the IDE frequently during linking.
>
> Are you submitting the AIRs for them?
>
>> I think some of my Linking Error:Export messages are because the
>> Import/Export code was newly created or heavily modified in XE.
>
> Yes, Import/Export did indeed undergo a major overhaul.
> --
> David Dean (Embarcadero)
> Lead C++ QA Engineer
0
Larry
10/9/2010 4:26:49 AM
I created brand new projects and added units from scratch.

The package compiles, links and a dialog says "1 errors".

I click OK.

The messages do not show any errors.

I close the project and acess violations start occuring.

Sometimes the access violations occur when I click "OK".

I have to terminate the IDE via taskmanger because it keeps getting
exceptions trying to close the IDE.

Lary
0
Larry
10/11/2010 1:09:36 AM
For a workaround to these Access violations see a thread following this one
titled "XE: What is W100".

"Larry Griffiths" <lgriffiths@cox.net> wrote in message
> I created brand new projects and added units from scratch.
>
> The package compiles, links and a dialog says "1 errors".
>
> I click OK.
>
> The messages do not show any errors.
>
> I close the project and acess violations start occuring.
>
> Sometimes the access violations occur when I click "OK".
>
> I have to terminate the IDE via taskmanger because it keeps getting
> exceptions trying to close the IDE.
>
> Lary
0
Larry

Delph IDE access violation
Hi In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components. I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property Any idea whats going on? Eric > {quote:title=Eric ten Westenend wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components. > > I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property > > Any idea whats going on? > > Eric IBDataSet? This component does not belong to IntraWeb, but to InterBase package. Does it happen only in IntraWeb ...

Access Violation in IDE [Edit]
Thank you.. By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. Is there an update as far as you know? <Muhammad Tailounie> wrote in message news:122180@forums.codegear.com... > By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just > get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. > Is there an update as far as you know? You did not say which version of C++Builder you are using, or what the AV says. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quo...

access violation when I quit from the IDE
I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message: Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address 00000000 some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on... Any idea of what is happening? Thanks! Sergio sergio gonzalez wrote: > I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message: > > Exception EAccessV...

Access Violation with no way to return to IDE
I've adapted a "flocking" simulation to run, full screen, with multiple timers, without any controls visible, as an "art" piece. It would run overnight with no errors before converting it to "art." Now, after about an hour or two, it stops with, "Access violation at address 0040Z48A - Read of address 2283D8E9." Usually, when I get "Access violation..." messages, it is Windows 7 telling me that I am trying to write to an array with an index that is out-of-bounds. They are usually easy to fix... This time, I've double and triple-ch...

Access Violation problems during the debugging in the IDE
--------------------------- Benachrichtigung über Debugger-Exception --------------------------- Im Projekt NetLogTS.exe ist eine Exception der Klasse $C0000005 mit der Meldung 'access violation at 0x7c929af2: write of address 0x00000010' aufgetreten. --------------------------- Anhalten Fortsetzen Hilfe --------------------------- Hello, has anybody an idea, why this error occurs during the debugging of a app in the IDE of Delphi XE2 directly after "begin" before "application.initialize"? Starting the EXE-File directly, there is no problem. T...

XE2 Access violation loading project into IDE
I am having Delphi XE2 app crashes when loading a simple firemonkey iOS project after having written, compiled and run fine in the IDE the first time. Crash occurs thereafter each time I try to load the project into the IDE. By deleting lines of source code and then adding one line of code at a time I can determine the line which causes the app crash. The line is: panelWidth := frameWidth - ( 2.0 * stileWidth ) + 0.4375; Now if I modify this line to: panelWidth := frame Width; the project loads with no problem, as expected. It appears that adding additional calc...

Delphi BDE
I (still) support two well established Delphi apps requiring BDE (Paradox tables). Suddenly they have started generating a consistent Access Violation (in Win XP) when starting to run in the IDE. The apps compile OK and the resulting exes run without complaint outside the IDE.It's not just my apps - the demo Fishfact and other demos generate an access violation as well as they start to run (after compiling OK). I have made no changes for a long time to the VCL etc. This happens in Delphi 4 and Delphi 7. I have tried re-installing Delphi and BDE and doing a system restore. The access vio...

Access violation after moving project to another IDE installation
After a crash of the harddisk I moved my projects to another computer where I have installed the same version of the IDE (BCB6 (see comment below)). I thought there would be no problem to recompile my projects on the new IDE if I had installed the same third-party and own components but I lost already some days just trying to get things to work again!!! I can compile the project but after starting the application I get an access violation just after creating the main form: Application->CreateForm(__classid(TFormMain), &FormMain); => access violation here!! Application->...

C++ 2010 IDE crash : Access violation in coreide140.bpl [Edit]
I tried couple of years ago to test 2006, but the IDE was crashing quite often. With 2010, it looks like it is still unstable. Got almost all the time, after compilation, the following message: Access Violation at address ... in coreide140.bpl. Read of address 00000027 Details: [2083ED73]{coreide140.bpl} MsgLinesIntf.TLine.GetChildCount (Line 146, "MsgLinesIntf.pas" + 0) + $3 [2083D7E1]{coreide140.bpl} MsgLines.TLineBuffer.RemoveAllFileMessageLines (Line 1015, "MsgLines.pas" + 1) + $2 [2083D954]{coreide140.bpl} MsgLines.TLineBuffer.Clear (Line 1061, "MsgLine...

access violation in module vcl100.bpl when starting Delphi 2007 IDE
Hi, I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit. This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE: Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060. The call stack shows: Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc Classes.StdWndProc DispatchMessageA Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage From.TApplication.HandleMessage Forms.TApplication.Run BaseThreadInitThunk FYI, the following com...

ide
hi all ! i'm using perl with tk extension in developping desktop apps . working on macosx platform, I use either the Xcode editor or emacs. i'm lacking debugger support and tk gui ide . anybody any idea if there's a ide out there with support for debugging and/or tk ? thanks erik --Apple-Mail-4-517507745 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed Try ptkdb. You can get it from CPAN as Devel::ptkdb (I think; not where I can check at the moment). Then run your app as 'perl -dptkdb myapp'. On Jul...

IDE
Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for development. Are there any other IDEs that support deployment to EAserver as the older JBuilder used to do? Eclipse? Marley wrote: > Hi, we'd been using JBuilderX for 4+ years now and looking > to re-tool but unfortunately, the latest version does not > support EAServer. I'm curious what others are using for > development. Are there any other IDEs that support > deployment to EAs...

IDE
How can I modify the IDE of PowerBilder? Thanks -- ________________________________ Alessandro Isola Ateikon s.r.l. Uff. Conegliano 0438/415709 www.ateikon.com What exactly are you trying to achieve? The IDE is highly customizable by itself, and if you really want to go deeper than that, there is a set of instructions to make even deeper modificaitons, although these are not for the faint of heart. regards, Bill Alessandro Isola wrote: > > How can I modify the IDE of PowerBilder? > > Thanks > > -- > ________________________________ &...

IDE
Does anybody use an IDE or code (web coding: HTML/XML/CSS/JS/PHP/JSP) editor that they would recommend. I've been evaluating several and here are my results so far: NVU: I don't like WYSIWYG editors but I'll keep it around for the occasional complicated table I need to do quick. Scite: I haven't looked at it in depth but it didn't seem to have the project management I wanted. Screem: It was too buggy, the project management was too difficult, and it had no regex support that I could find. Bluefish: I'm using it now and it looks good but I've n...

Web resources about - [XE] IDE access violations are frequent. - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a &quot;hit list&quot; and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.