[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number ...

Hi Forum members,

Iam getting the below error after compiling my CPP project inside the BDS 2006 IDE.
I dont get any error during compile time.
So only during linking it tells the below error:

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module <my_path>/DrawingBoard.cpp

In the above error <my_path> is just a place holder that replaces the actual absolute path on my machine where exactly the file "DrawingBoard.cpp" resides.

Now I have following queries:
1) Is this linker fatal error anyway related to the source file "DrawingBoard.cpp" ?
    (or)
    just concerned only with the linker (because compilation is successfull) ?

2) Whats the possible solution for this ?

NOTE: The same project successfully builds (ie, both compilation & linking) when done with Borland C++ Builder 6.

Look for your help & resolution ASAP.

Thanks,
Furdes.
0
Furdes

In article <197404@forums.codegear.com>, Furdes Terins <> wrote:

> [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache
> in module <my_path>/DrawingBoard.cpp

   Try splitting this .cpp file into multiple units as a workaround. If
you could provide me with a linkset to duplicate this issue, then I can
find out if the problem has been fixed in a newer version of the tool
chain. (and if not, make sure it gets seen by R&D so it can be fixed)
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache
I am using C++ Builder XE (RAD Studio XE Enterprise). I am compiling a program with a lot of included files and I got this error message: [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module 'program_name' I increased windows cache memory but this did not fix the problem. Is there an option I can set in the compiler and/or linker to fix it? ...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block SegRelocs in module
CG2007,latest release. This is a fairly large project. I get this error in debug builds but not in Release builds. I am not including CodeGuard. I'm sure there's a Linker setting but for the life of me, I can find no SegRelocs. Any suggestions. > {quote:title=charles leggette wrote:}{quote} > Any suggestions. Hi Charles, I sent you a PM so please be sure to check there. Regards, Lee what's a PM and where do I find it [sorry to be so dumb!].... "Lee Cantey" wrote in message news:58714@forums.codegear.com... >> {quote:title=charles leggett...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block OBJ symbols in modul
Hi all, I get the above error when linking my program with a large dll containing the vcl and a number of third-party components. I'm using CB2009 with ILINK32 version 5.96. Can I somehow control the various limts the linker uses? I saw on the net that TLINK32 had some cfg/ini file that made this possible but I haven't been able to do the same with the linker in CB2009. When I set "Build with runtime packages" everything works but I would like to avoid using this setting since I have to distribute/install more fi les on my users computers. Can I selectively decide which p...

Exceeded memory limit for block line number cache
I am getting this error when attempting to link a HUGE C program. Apparently I have overflowed some linker limitation. Is there some way around this? Borland C++ compiles this program just fine, but CBuilder 2007 apparently can't handle it. I would hate to have to keep Borland C++ around for this one program. In article <173396@forums.codegear.com>, Stephen Boyd <> wrote: > I am getting this error when attempting to link a HUGE C program. Apparently > I have overflowed some linker limitation. Is there some way around this? > Borland C++ compiles this prog...

Linker Error: Exceeded memory limit for block Extdefs
Hi All, I'm using a 3rd party internet component, which works fine on small projects, but when I added it to my big project I get this weird linker error: "Exceeded memory limit for block Extdefs in module xxxx.cpp". If I take the component out, the linker error goes away, and if I put it back, the linker error returns. Does anyone have any idea what this error means and how to make the IDE happy? TIA, Earik > {quote:title=Earik Beann wrote:}{quote} > Hi All, > > I'm using a 3rd party internet component, which works fine on small projects, but when ...

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated LME1598
hi everybody, according to the public report 67137 (http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=67137) the linker error problem in build 10.0.2558.35231 (also included in BDS 2006, which i am using) had been solved with build 12.0.3100.14549. unfortunately, i have experienced the same problem with a very large project. currently i am not able to upgrade my IDE to C++ Builder 2010 because my existing projects include several components which are not compatible. besides, i paid a few thousand US$ for BDS 2006 and somehow believe that i may expect a correct functioning. how can i get and ...

Command line error BC2017 ... Fatal error BC2000
When trying to debug my asp.net project I get the error listed below. I can make any change (i.e. just type a blank space), and select debug again and it works. I've seen other posts that say to register the missing dll with gacutil.exe, but there doesn't seem to be any reason I should have to register this dll. This particular dll is not new, it has been part of this project for over a year, and I've never had this trouble before. I have tried deleting everything for the project from the temporary asp.net files folder, but the problem returns after a few change iterations. It seems as...

[Fatal error] Out of memory
Hi, My system as follows, delphi 7 pro, Centrino 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB ram. I have more than 600 projects on the form. Than the above error message when I compile my project came to my face. What do you suggest? Huseyin BAHADIR wrote: > Hi, > My system as follows, delphi 7 pro, Centrino 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB ram. I > have more than 600 projects on the form. Than the above error message > when I compile my project came to my face. What do you suggest? Do you mean: 600 *forms* in one project? The other way around makes no sense. If you have not tried that yet, close the IDE, start it...

How to fix this precompiler error? M_INTERNAL_ERROR,Fatal Internal Error at Line...
Hi everyone! I have this error when precompiling with CPRE: M_INTERNAL_ERROR,Fatal Internal Error at Line 237 File generic/util/filestak.c: Argument inconsistency error. Please contact a Sybase representative. make: *** [importacxp.c] Error 255 I'm migrating ESQL Ansi C code from PostgreSQL, so syntax and logic are Ok. I'm using sybase-openclient-12.5.0.1ESD-1.i386 on Linux, is this a release problem? i've seen in the list has more time. Please help! Best regards Jose Maria Hello, It could be a release problem. If you are just getting started with 12.5 ...

[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)
hi friends i have a problem with RAD Studio XE5 My app in XE4 for IOS no compile in Android, i tried everything but not compile :'( HELP ME PLEASE. my log Checking project dependencies... Compiling TRIPPER.dproj (Debug, Android) dcc command line for "TRIPPER.dpr" c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\12.0\bin\dccaarm.exe -$O- --no-config -M -Q -TX.so -AGenerics.Collections=System.Generics.Collections; Generics.Defaults=System.Generics.Defaults;WinTypes=Winapi.Windows;WinProcs=Winapi.Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE -DDEBUG -E.\Android\De...

Fatal error: memory exhausted
This really belongs in this newsgroup, so I'll re-post here. (I apolgize in advance for the cross posting.) ASA 8.0.0 (2068) RH 7.2 (2.4.7-10) Celeron 600 w/ 128 MB RAM 40GB disk space (30 GB free) We're beginning to test ASA ver 8 and we our dB server crashed yesterday due to a "memory exhausted" error, even though the system had plenty of memory to spare. Below are the details. We had an eval version of 8 installed, created a dB, and were doing some testing. Since our SDN subscription just came in, we ripped off the eval version, and installed the develop...

Dbmlsync
Hi all, ASA & ML 9.0.2.3221 Two or three times now we had one remote database report a "Fatal error: out of memory" (not a Sybase error message - just a standard Windows messagebox) on the dbmlsync service. There is no apparent reason why this particular dbmlsync service should run out of memory any more than 6 other remote sites I can think of. One other site runs the exact same set of scripts. Another two sites run sets of scripts that are even slightly more complex, and one even runs three separate services with very similar sets of scripts. I'm not ev...

FATAL ERROR
I do not use Designer every day. Only for documentation. When I tried to print the graphics I get the message box STOP Sign that says Title bar - FATAL ERROR Text - Not enough Memory to Allocate. TIA Bob Forgot to note in previous. I am using Version 6 "Bob Tirone" <RTironeSr@attbi.com> wrote in message news:MVn12QnBCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > I do not use Designer every day. Only for documentation. > When I tried to print the graphics I get the message box STOP Sign that says > Title bar - FATAL ERROR > Text - Not enough Memory to Allocate...

Fatal Error Memory Exhausted
I have a remote production database that suddenly will not start up. This occurred after some updates were applied to the consolidated database. The other 5 remote databases received and applied all messages just fine. The behavior is this: we start the database service as usual, the database cache builds to say 530 MB, viewed in Task Manager, and then produces the error Fatal error: memory exhausted. No hardware changes were made. There is 2 GB of RAM in the server. There is 40 GB free hard drive space on the drive. I tried starting the database via dbeng9.exe. The windows s...

Web resources about - [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number ... - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Category:Pages where expansion depth is exceeded - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a tracking category , a category intended to build and maintain a list of pages primarily for the sake of the list itself. Rather than ...

Canberra's autumn rainfall average exceeded in just six weeks
Canberra has exceeded the average autumn rainfall just six weeks into the season.

Syria says UN envoy 'exceeded' authority

Sachin Tendulkar: the child prodigy who exceeded his potential
Sachin Tendulkar’s ability to generate mind-numbing numbers has survived to the very end of his prodigious career.

Global carbon dioxide levels exceeded historic threshold throughout April
The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere averaged more than 400 parts per million throughout April, the first time the planet's monthly ...

United Nations: world's refugees and displaced have exceeded record 60 million
The estimated figure includes 20.2 million refugees fleeing wars and persecution, the most since 1992, the UN says.

V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Review: The Sound Quality Is Exceeded Only By The Durability
Most headphones are relatively straightforward. They're usually built around a simple metal or plastic frame, have leather or pleather ear pads, ...

Modbook Pro reaction has "exceeded expectations," to ship in November
... at $3,499, Modbook Inc. CEO Andreas Haas says that customer interest is through the roof. "The customer reaction to the Modbook Pro has exceeded ...

Official: Opel Adam sales 'exceeded expectations' in 2013, helped Opel nudge market share
... for . However, Opel has stepped forward to counter that thought, noting that sales of the stylishly customizable minicar have reportedly exceeded ...

The Drafts That Exceeded Expectations
Teams picking at the ends of rounds can have a tough time getting value out of their picks. More often than not, their players can't be expected ...