[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache

I am using C++ Builder XE (RAD Studio XE Enterprise).
I am compiling a program with a lot of included files and I got this error
message:

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in
module 'program_name'

I increased windows cache memory but this did not fix the problem. Is there
an option I can set in the compiler and/or linker to fix it?
0
Arsene

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number ...
Hi Forum members, Iam getting the below error after compiling my CPP project inside the BDS 2006 IDE. I dont get any error during compile time. So only during linking it tells the below error: [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module <my_path>/DrawingBoard.cpp In the above error <my_path> is just a place holder that replaces the actual absolute path on my machine where exactly the file "DrawingBoard.cpp" resides. Now I have following queries: 1) Is this linker fatal error anyway related to the source file "...

Exceeded memory limit for block line number cache
I am getting this error when attempting to link a HUGE C program. Apparently I have overflowed some linker limitation. Is there some way around this? Borland C++ compiles this program just fine, but CBuilder 2007 apparently can't handle it. I would hate to have to keep Borland C++ around for this one program. In article <173396@forums.codegear.com>, Stephen Boyd <> wrote: > I am getting this error when attempting to link a HUGE C program. Apparently > I have overflowed some linker limitation. Is there some way around this? > Borland C++ compiles this prog...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block SegRelocs in module
CG2007,latest release. This is a fairly large project. I get this error in debug builds but not in Release builds. I am not including CodeGuard. I'm sure there's a Linker setting but for the life of me, I can find no SegRelocs. Any suggestions. > {quote:title=charles leggette wrote:}{quote} > Any suggestions. Hi Charles, I sent you a PM so please be sure to check there. Regards, Lee what's a PM and where do I find it [sorry to be so dumb!].... "Lee Cantey" wrote in message news:58714@forums.codegear.com... >> {quote:title=charles leggett...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block OBJ symbols in modul
Hi all, I get the above error when linking my program with a large dll containing the vcl and a number of third-party components. I'm using CB2009 with ILINK32 version 5.96. Can I somehow control the various limts the linker uses? I saw on the net that TLINK32 had some cfg/ini file that made this possible but I haven't been able to do the same with the linker in CB2009. When I set "Build with runtime packages" everything works but I would like to avoid using this setting since I have to distribute/install more fi les on my users computers. Can I selectively decide which p...

Linker Error: Exceeded memory limit for block Extdefs
Hi All, I'm using a 3rd party internet component, which works fine on small projects, but when I added it to my big project I get this weird linker error: "Exceeded memory limit for block Extdefs in module xxxx.cpp". If I take the component out, the linker error goes away, and if I put it back, the linker error returns. Does anyone have any idea what this error means and how to make the IDE happy? TIA, Earik > {quote:title=Earik Beann wrote:}{quote} > Hi All, > > I'm using a 3rd party internet component, which works fine on small projects, but when ...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +italics+ [ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory [Edit]
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +[ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas'+ ul...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory [Edit]
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +[ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas'+ ul...

ilink32 fatal error not enough memory
Hi I'm using c++ builder xe4. My project is a vcl application which compiles fine but raise an ilink32 fatal error (not enough memory) at final linking stage. In the old days (BCB6) I had already hit a ilink32 limitation with big projects. Does anybody know if there's still such limitation in XE4 ? Or best, does anybody know which parameter to tweek or any workaround ? Thank you. <eric britz> wrote in message news:658464@forums.embarcadero.com... > > Does anybody know if there's still such limitation in XE4 ? Yes. It's still a problem for some peo...

Exceeded Memory Limit for block ExtDefs
I have a project that complies fine in XE but I get the Exceeded memory limit error in XE2. I don't know where to look to try to fix. Any Ideas? ...

memory lack error "Cache memory allocator out of available memory"
The server has installed Netware 6.5 SP3 and it main function is being a Groupwise 6.5 SP5 POA. It has 2 GB of memory and after 48 days working fine launched the following error in console.log By the time, i could know that it was during backup POA process (BAB r11.1) 8-08-2006 6:51:52 am: SERVER-5.70-0 [nmID=6001D] Cache memory allocator out of available memory. 8-08-2006 6:51:52 am: SERVER-5.70-0 [nmID=2000A] Short term memory allocator is out of memory. 1 attempts to get more memory failed. request size in bytes 2061591564 from Module NSS.N...

Display the error line number in case of an error
Hi, i was wandering if there is a way I can display the whole stack trace of my pb app in case of an error. For the time being I do it using the populate error function, but this indicates that I should call the populateerrror() function each time I expect an error to occur. I have compined DB and System errors to a single user_object so each time I get a DB error i have to have previously called the populateerror() function, or else I don't get the proper line number of the error. I am considering any function or Win API call that could allow me to print the stack trac...

Anyone know the QC number for IDE blocks command line compiler reading rtl.dcp?
Does anyone know the QC report number for the bug where the command line compiler fails with "File not found rtl.dcp" when the IDE was open and locked the rtl.dcp file so that only the IDE could compile unless you closed it? -- Regards, Andreas Hausladen > {quote:title=Andreas Hausladen wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know the QC report number for the bug where the command > line compiler fails with "File not found rtl.dcp" when the IDE was open > and locked the rtl.dcp file so that only the IDE could compile unless > you closed it? Yes, al...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Could not open <file>.tds (project already open in IDE?) in a vmWare shared folder
I've installed C++ Builder 2010 into an vmWare virtual machine and given access to the code via a shared folder. This way I maintain my system relatively clean and I avoid installing and installing Builder each time I reinstall my host Windows. However it seems the linker is not capable to create/find the TDS file across the vmware shared folders. I've been playing with the Directories and Conditionals but no combination seems work. Mapping the shared folder does not work. A workaround is to share the host folder and then map that share as a normal unit, but ...

Web resources about - [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Command-Line Utilities Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences Command-Line Utilities Index From RAD Studio Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to C++ Reference C++Builder ...

Unsupported Tools - Andy's Blog and Tools
Andy's Blog and Tools Delphi, C++Builder and other thoughts Skip to content Home IDE Tools DDevExtensions 2.6 IDE Fix Pack 5.1 IDE Fix Pack 2007 ...