[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block SegRelocs in module

CG2007,latest release. This is a fairly large project. I get this error in
debug builds but not in Release builds. I am not including CodeGuard. I'm
sure there's a Linker setting but for the life of me, I can find no
SegRelocs. Any suggestions.
0
charles

> {quote:title=charles leggette wrote:}{quote}
> Any suggestions.

Hi Charles,

I sent you a PM so please be sure to check there.

Regards,
Lee
0
Lee
12/23/2008 6:25:16 AM
what's a PM and where do I find it [sorry to be so dumb!]....
"Lee Cantey" wrote in message news:58714@forums.codegear.com...
>> {quote:title=charles leggette wrote:}{quote}
>> Any suggestions.
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> I sent you a PM so please be sure to check there.
>
> Regards,
> Lee
0
charles
12/23/2008 8:00:33 PM
charles leggette wrote:

> what's a PM and where do I find it

Personal Mail ?
--
Alex
0

"charles leggette" <charlesleggette@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> what's a PM and where do I find it [sorry to be so dumb!]....
> "Lee Cantey" wrote in message news:58714@forums.codegear.com...
>>> {quote:title=charles leggette wrote:}{quote}
>>> Any suggestions.
>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> I sent you a PM so please be sure to check there.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Lee
0
david

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block OBJ symbols in modul
Hi all, I get the above error when linking my program with a large dll containing the vcl and a number of third-party components. I'm using CB2009 with ILINK32 version 5.96. Can I somehow control the various limts the linker uses? I saw on the net that TLINK32 had some cfg/ini file that made this possible but I haven't been able to do the same with the linker in CB2009. When I set "Build with runtime packages" everything works but I would like to avoid using this setting since I have to distribute/install more fi les on my users computers. Can I selectively decide which p...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache
I am using C++ Builder XE (RAD Studio XE Enterprise). I am compiling a program with a lot of included files and I got this error message: [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module 'program_name' I increased windows cache memory but this did not fix the problem. Is there an option I can set in the compiler and/or linker to fix it? ...

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number ...
Hi Forum members, Iam getting the below error after compiling my CPP project inside the BDS 2006 IDE. I dont get any error during compile time. So only during linking it tells the below error: [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Line number cache in module <my_path>/DrawingBoard.cpp In the above error <my_path> is just a place holder that replaces the actual absolute path on my machine where exactly the file "DrawingBoard.cpp" resides. Now I have following queries: 1) Is this linker fatal error anyway related to the source file "...

Linker Error: Exceeded memory limit for block Extdefs
Hi All, I'm using a 3rd party internet component, which works fine on small projects, but when I added it to my big project I get this weird linker error: "Exceeded memory limit for block Extdefs in module xxxx.cpp". If I take the component out, the linker error goes away, and if I put it back, the linker error returns. Does anyone have any idea what this error means and how to make the IDE happy? TIA, Earik > {quote:title=Earik Beann wrote:}{quote} > Hi All, > > I'm using a 3rd party internet component, which works fine on small projects, but when ...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +italics+ [ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory [Edit]
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +[ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas'+ ul...

ilink32 fatal error not enough memory
Hi I'm using c++ builder xe4. My project is a vcl application which compiles fine but raise an ilink32 fatal error (not enough memory) at final linking stage. In the old days (BCB6) I had already hit a ilink32 limitation with big projects. Does anybody know if there's still such limitation in XE4 ? Or best, does anybody know which parameter to tweek or any workaround ? Thank you. <eric britz> wrote in message news:658464@forums.embarcadero.com... > > Does anybody know if there's still such limitation in XE4 ? Yes. It's still a problem for some peo...

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Out of memory [Edit]
We hit a wall with our big project. ilink32.exe 6.70 (XE7) reports out of memory (compiling from IDE). Rebooting the PC used to help but no more. For what I read, it's decade old issue that have never been fixed. Do you have any advises how I may overcome this issue? Is there some fixed, patched (ala IDEFixPack) ilink32.exe version? Tried some old suggestion and use ulink, but getting +[ulink Error] Error: Invalid (self) relocation to __declspec(dllimport) extern in 'c:\program files (x86)\programming\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\Win32\debug\rtl.lib|System.ZLib.pas'+ ul...

Exceeded Memory Limit for block ExtDefs
I have a project that complies fine in XE but I get the Exceeded memory limit error in XE2. I don't know where to look to try to fix. Any Ideas? ...

Exceeded memory limit for block line number cache
I am getting this error when attempting to link a HUGE C program. Apparently I have overflowed some linker limitation. Is there some way around this? Borland C++ compiles this program just fine, but CBuilder 2007 apparently can't handle it. I would hate to have to keep Borland C++ around for this one program. In article <173396@forums.codegear.com>, Stephen Boyd <> wrote: > I am getting this error when attempting to link a HUGE C program. Apparently > I have overflowed some linker limitation. Is there some way around this? > Borland C++ compiles this prog...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Type index 2147479550 is bad in module GestureCtrls.
What ist that?? [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Type index 2147479550 is bad in module GestureCtrls. How to fix this? Istan PS. using gestures > {quote:title=Istan Velo wrote:}{quote} > What ist that?? > > [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Type index 2147479550 is bad in module GestureCtrls. > > How to fix this? > > Istan > > PS. using gestures After searching in QC, I anwer by myself: https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=225481#225481 ...

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Could not open <file>.tds (project already open in IDE?) in a vmWare shared folder
I've installed C++ Builder 2010 into an vmWare virtual machine and given access to the code via a shared folder. This way I maintain my system relatively clean and I avoid installing and installing Builder each time I reinstall my host Windows. However it seems the linker is not capable to create/find the TDS file across the vmware shared folders. I've been playing with the Directories and Conditionals but no combination seems work. Mapping the shared folder does not work. A workaround is to share the host folder and then map that share as a normal unit, but ...

[Fatal error] Out of memory
Hi, My system as follows, delphi 7 pro, Centrino 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB ram. I have more than 600 projects on the form. Than the above error message when I compile my project came to my face. What do you suggest? Huseyin BAHADIR wrote: > Hi, > My system as follows, delphi 7 pro, Centrino 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB ram. I > have more than 600 projects on the form. Than the above error message > when I compile my project came to my face. What do you suggest? Do you mean: 600 *forms* in one project? The other way around makes no sense. If you have not tried that yet, close the IDE, start it...

Web resources about - [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block SegRelocs in module - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide