[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module

Hi!

I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4:
{code}
  [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
  [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link
{code}

The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message.
Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)?
Regarding to the help, there should be a modulename after "Error processing module", but there is nothing there.
0
Tamas

I am still struggling with this issue. What I would like to do is to run the linker in a kind of verbose mode, so I can see how far can it go in the linking process.
Based on the help, there is no such (verbose) option. Anyone aware of a non-documented switch (or any other way) which makes the linker tell me more then Error processing module?
0
Tamas
6/12/2012 6:24:09 AM
Tamas Csabina wrote:

> I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2
> Update4:
>   [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
>   [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link

Try ulink instead of ILINK32 (search for "ulink" or "unilink" in NG
archives).

--
Alex
0
> {quote:title=Alex Belo wrote:}{quote}
> Try ulink instead of ILINK32 (search for "ulink" or "unilink" in NG
> archives).

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tip.
However I already gave it a try. And got another problem with unilink. Same error as in this topic :
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=70186&tstart=315
0
Tamas
6/12/2012 8:58:01 AM
Tamas Csabina wrote:

> However I already gave it a try. And got another problem with
> unilink. Same error as in this topic :
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=70186&tstart=315

As this post states, this is not the problem of ulink but the problem
of dcc ...

But does ulink point out on problem file or give some helpful
diagnostics (as you want)?

--
Alex
0
> {quote:title=Alex Belo wrote:}{quote}
> As this post states, this is not the problem of ulink but the problem
> of dcc ...

Yes :), but it also makes my project not to compile...

> But does ulink point out on problem file or give some helpful
> diagnostics (as you want)?

Unfortunately not. I stops with that error so I don`t get further in troubleshooting.
0
Tamas
6/12/2012 9:48:00 AM
Didn't read through the thread again...

<Tamas Csabina> wrote in message news:476337@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I am still struggling with this issue. What I would like to do is to run
>the linker in a kind of verbose mode, so I can see how far can it go in the
>linking process.
> Based on the help, there is no such (verbose) option. Anyone aware of a
> non-documented switch (or any other way) which makes the linker tell me
> more then Error processing module?

But, bds2006, at least, has a verbose option (-r) that appears on the
'Advanced options' sub-tree limb of the Linker (ilink32) branch page...

Edited by: david hoke on Jun 12, 2012 6:59 AM
0
david
6/12/2012 2:00:45 PM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> But, bds2006, at least, has a verbose option (-r) that appears on the
> 'Advanced options' sub-tree limb of the Linker (ilink32) branch page...

I also had high hopes when saw that, but after using it I saw no difference. And then I read the documentation:
"Sets the verbose option for RLINK32, and detailed information is emitted during the resource link." :(

Thanks anyway for the tip!
0
Tamas
6/12/2012 2:38:27 PM
<Tamas Csabina> wrote in message news:476428@forums.embarcadero.com...
>> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
>> But, bds2006, at least, has a verbose option (-r) that appears on the
>> 'Advanced options' sub-tree limb of the Linker (ilink32) branch page...
>
> I also had high hopes when saw that, but after using it I saw no
> difference. And then I read the documentation:
> "Sets the verbose option for RLINK32, and detailed information is emitted
> during the resource link." :(

Hmm, maybe passed to rlink32, but ilink32 (from bds23006, executed from
command line) displays it in its own help output (without any reference to
RLINK).  But, if you're seeing no difference, guess it doesn't matter what
either help says.

Do you have 'show full command lines' turned on for the IDE build tools - so
you can at least examine the command line (arguments) to see what's being
passed?  You should be able to see if the -r is being passed to ilink32 that
way... (in bds2006, its menu-tools, menu-options, 'environment options'
branch, 'compiling and running' section of the displayed panel.)
0
david
6/12/2012 2:51:29 PM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> Do you have 'show full command lines' turned on for the IDE build tools - so
> you can at least examine the command line (arguments) to see what's being
> passed?  You should be able to see if the -r is being passed to ilink32 that
> way... (in bds2006, its menu-tools, menu-options, 'environment options'
> branch, 'compiling and running' section of the displayed panel.)

Yes, the `Show command line` options is selected.
And I can see the -r parameter passed to the linker during build. However there is nothing useful comes out from it.

I have also contacted EBD support. They have asked to increase the verbosity of the compilation, by setting it to Diagnostic level. You can do this at the same place where the `Show command line` option is present. After setting this, the output of the build process (the Output tab on the Messages window) is much more detailed, containing the followings:
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\Bin\CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(2422,5): error : Error: Error processing module
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\Bin\CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(2422,5): error : Error: Unable to perform link

They (EBD support) have the output, I am waiting on their reply.
0
Tamas
6/13/2012 8:39:17 AM
Tamas Csabina wrote:

> Error: Unable to perform link
> They (EBD support) have the output, I am waiting on their reply.

Probably this is the time for them to see the error which ulink show
you?

--
Alex
0

Question still open if the meaningless message of the linker (Error: Error processing module) is a bug or normal behavior.
0
Tamas

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message
I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010. This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL. When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder. If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not. Any id...

CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602
Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this: users arent LUM enabled or so it seems the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both...

dns error or module error?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C8B20C.806EBC08 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Net::SSLeay on Solaris 9 and I get the following message in the output: =20 Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /m1/shared/perl/5.8.5-09/lib/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/Socket.pm line 373. Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4 at /m1/shared/perl/5.8.5-09/lib/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/Socket.pm line 373. =20 I've googled parts of this error and get some indication it might have to ...

error loading module error
i am folling the instructions on the www.dotnetnuke.dk website and trying to build a custom module after adding the module def and controls i try to add it to a tab and get a error loading modules. the instructions at www.dotnetnuke.dk are great but im not sure why it wont load the module here is thr error i get if it makes any sense to anyone. thanks ERROR LOADING MODULE DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type 'mednet.DNN.Modules.dr411.viewdr411'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could ...

Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error
I am new to ASP.NET and I am currently learning to use the VS 2005 Express tools. I've been able to get along smoothly for sometime; getting bugs and resolving them from your very valuable posts in this forum. Now I have a problem that I have no idea where to begin to resolve the problem. It appears to be a Parser Error, but then when I try to view my pages, I get a lot of other apparently related errors. I am suspecting that I have, one way or the other, messed up my dataset schema definition. The strange thing about this error is that I cannot open any other pages anymore. Even those simp...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

Error: Communication Error
Hi all, I am using UltraLite to develope a handheld device application using PocketPC2002 emulator. I don't know the version of UL I am using but I know the SQL Anywhere it shipped with is 9. Here is my problem. When I do sync against a consolidated SQL server, where I have no upload script, just down_cursor download script. When it sync, the log file on the server showed that 12 rows (in my case ) for a table is being and successfully downloaded to the remote database. However, right after it synced, an exception as shown in the subject is displayed. And the table which syn...

Web resources about - [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Central processing unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the hardware within a computer system which carries out the instructions of a computer program by performing the basic arithmetical, logical, ...

Hyatt warns of malware on its payment-processing system
Hyatt Hotels Corp. says it found malicious software on the computer system that processes customer payments, raising the possibility that hackers ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

Common payment processing protocols found to be full of flaws
Stealing PINs and pillaging bank accounts are both trivial.

ImBatch 4.4.0 adds PDF processing support
High Motion Software has shipped ImBatch 4.4.0 , a major update to its free-for-personal-use image batch processing tool. New PDF input support ...

Government "Processing Error" Sinks Housing Reports for Entire Year; Where to From Here?
Huge "Processing Error" in Government Housing Data When I saw some of the upwardly revised GDP estimates in 2015 I thought they were too good ...

Audi turns to Qualcomm power for entertainment, navigation processing
Qualcomm proves its chip-making innovation, announcing a deal at CES where Audi will use its first automotive quality infotainment chipset, the ...

Nvidia Ramps Up Processing Power for Self-Driving Cars
With its new Drive PX 2 platform, the GPU maker is offering a computer that can deliver up to 8 teraflops of computing power to autonomous vehicles. ...

‘Critical flicker fusion’ test can measure the brain’s processing speed
Scientists from the University of Georgia have devised an elegant method of testing the visual sampling rate of the human brain.

A Fusion Of Storage And Processing
Storage devices have microprocessors that allow them to do more than was possible in the past. This advanced processing power is enabling on-board ...