[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009

Hi All,

Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro.

I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file
to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was
the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas added to the project causes it:

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or
binary equivalents (.dcu)

I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists
and is in the paths.

Any ideas?

Thanks muchly,

Phil.
0
Phil

Hello,

Phil Read wrote:

> system.pas exists and is in the paths.

that's the problem. You should never have the VCL/RTL source paths in
your search path. You cannot simply recompile System.pas, and I doubt
you really want it. If you want to change a certain part of the VCL,
copy the relevant source file somewhere else and add it to your project.

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
7/17/2009 7:26:37 AM
Hi Moritz,

Sorry I didn't mean it was in the search paths, I meant the standard
settings are all correct in the search paths.

Infact I can take the project on my other PC with the same version of
C++ Builder 2009 and adding a .pas to my project (such as RegExpr.pas)
compiles perfectly and I'm up and running.

I spent quite some time comparing the environment options and they are
identical, so I am completely puzzled as to WHY this error occurs.

Thanks,

Phil.

Moritz Beutel <Moritz Beutel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Phil Read wrote:
>
>> system.pas exists and is in the paths.
>
> that's the problem. You should never have the VCL/RTL source paths in
> your search path. You cannot simply recompile System.pas, and I doubt
> you really want it. If you want to change a certain part of the VCL,
> copy the relevant source file somewhere else and add it to your project.

0
Phil
7/17/2009 11:35:45 AM
Problem Workaround!!!

I worked out something is stopping the .dcu and .obj files from being
created by the dcc32.exe so I ran it from the command line instead and
then copied the 2 files into my projects folder. Then it all compiles.

I wonder if it's anything to do with VISTA, it kicked up a fuss about
not finding the Debug folder which was there and running dcc32.exe from
the command line proved it works.

Anyway that at least helps me get on with the job at hand.

Moritz Beutel <Moritz Beutel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Phil Read wrote:
>
>> system.pas exists and is in the paths.
>
> that's the problem. You should never have the VCL/RTL source paths in
> your search path. You cannot simply recompile System.pas, and I doubt
> you really want it. If you want to change a certain part of the VCL,
> copy the relevant source file somewhere else and add it to your project.

0
Phil

Error F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o)
I've just installed the Delphi XE4 Update 1 (the patch not the full installation), and now cannot build or compile iOS Device projects in release mode. It works in Debug mode, and both Release and Debug work when targetting the Simulator. I got the following: (Release, iOSDevice) brcc32 command line for "SettingsDemo.vrc" c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\11.0\bin\cgrc.exe -c65001 "SettingsDemo.vrc" -foSettingsDemo.res dcc command line for "SettingsDemo.dpr" c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\11.0\bin\dcciosarm.exe -$D- -$L- -$Y- --no-c...

[DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or bi
Sorry for the X post, but my install is dead (as in not working) and the other post is a week old. I had trouble installing D2009, problem with the unpacker creating 0 length files, I think it was somethign to do with downloading installer into compressed folder. That was all sorted. Then I left the install for a while and am not sure if I ever compiled a project. I went to use it a couple of weeks ago and got the error in the subject on build or run. The ide works fine, just can't build / run any app. Tools | Options - Library path: $(BDS)\lib;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDS)\Lib\Indy1...

[DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or bin
can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP Robert Petersson wrote: > can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP Usually this is caused by the library path ge...

HELP!! [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' [Edit]
I can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP Edited by: Robert Petersson on Sep 22, 2012 10:17 AM Robert Petersson wrote: > I can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best...

F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)
I recently lost all of my user settings and now I'm getting this error every time I try to compile anything in RAD Studio 2010. It's ridiculous because BDS points to the correct directory, all of the paths are set up correctly in the options, and System.dcu is in the correct directory. I can't even enjoy my trial of RAD Studio 2010 now. bob sagget schreef: > I recently lost all of my user settings and now I'm getting this error every time I try to compile anything in RAD Studio 2010. It's ridiculous because BDS points to the correct directory, all of the paths are set...

Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)
My user settings were recently deleted and now I'm having this error no matter what I do. BDS is pointing to the right directory, all of the directory paths are setup correctly in Delphi, System.dcu is available in the correct directory. This makes absolutely no sense. I can't even use RAD Studio 2010 because of this error. Hi bob bob sagget wrote: > My user settings were recently deleted and now I'm having this error no > matter what I do. BDS is pointing to the right directory, all of the > directory paths are setup correctly in Delphi, System.dcu is available ...

D2009 can't compile F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas'
Create a new project and try to compile and I get [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) Library path is: $(BDS)\lib; $(BDS)\Imports; $(BDS)\lib\Indy10; $(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp; $(BDS)\include; $(BDS)\RaveReports\Lib; C:\Program Files\EurekaLog 6\Delphi12 A computer restart will allow things to compile again. It seems that it's losing the BDS environmental variable which is set to c:\program files\codegear\rad studio\6.0 Gregory Liss wrote: > Create a new project and try to compile and I get > [DCC...

[DCC Fatal Error] Unit2.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'Data.DBXMySQL.dcu' [Edit]
Very simple android project....drop the tsqlconnection from dbexpress palette and compiled...I get this error: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit2.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'Data.DBXMySQL.dcu' Any idea? PS: Rad Studio XE 5 Edited by: Michele Costantino on Oct 1, 2013 12:01 PM Edited by: Michele Costantino on Oct 1, 2013 12:03 PM Michele Costantino wrote: > Very simple android project....drop the tsqlconnection from dbexpress palette and compiled...I get this error: > > [DCC Fatal Error] Unit2.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'Data.DBXMySQL.dcu' > > A...

F1027 Unit Not Found:'System.pas'
My XE installation keeps loosing track of where it puts the System.DCU and System.pas files. I have re-installed from scratch and it works for a while then it throws this error with a completely empty 'New VCL Forms Application'. [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) What can be wrong? I have had the same thing happen it has always been that the (DELPHI) environment variable was spelled incorrectly as in it sometimes got changed to c;\Delphi instead being C:\Delphi. Look under the IDE tool bar for TOOL...

F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or ...
Hi. After repairing my Win7 and reinstalling Delphi 2010 i couldn't compile even an emtpy project. After an investigations i found out that IDE doesn't add -I switch containg all needed pathes to the dcc32's command line ( i've checked that with my colleage) . All enviroment variables are set correctly. Any ideas, please. vasilli krougal wrote: > Hi. After repairing my Win7 and reinstalling Delphi 2010 i couldn't compile even an emtpy project. After an investigations i found out that IDE doesn't add -I switch containg all needed pathes to the dcc32's com...

"Unit not found: 'System.pas'" Error ( newbie )
Hi all! I've created a simple application, with one Form and a Label that says: "Hello World", on Delphi XE2. When I click on Run, Delphi returns this error: [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) Why is this error happening? How can I fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards, Joaquim. Joaquim wrotE: > When I click on Run, Delphi returns this error: > > [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' > or binary equivalents (.dcu) I...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

[Fatal Error] Main.pas(8): F1026 File not found: 'AlignEdit.dcu'
I get this error when I compile my program after loading another component. If I reload the AlignEdit component then I get this error when I try to compile my other program that uses the other component. It seems it can only keep track of one component at a time. I'm using Delphi 2005. Thanks for any help. Alan Alan Anderson wrote: > I get this error when I compile my program after loading another > component. If I reload the AlignEdit component then I get this error > when I try to compile my other program that uses the other component. > It seems it can only...

Web resources about - [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide