Windows 10 and Delphi

It would be nice if MS would support Object Pascal

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/technology/microsoft-looks-to-windows-10-for-a-jolt-in-the-mobile-realm.html
0
Gilbert
1/19/2015 7:27:48 AM
embarcadero.computer-industry 350 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

Windows 10 Project Centennial with Delphi?
With Windows 10 Microsoft is introducing serveral [platform bridges|https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridges] to allow different forms of apps into the Windows Store. I'm curious about Project Centennial which will "make it possible to package and publish your current .NET and *Win32-based Windows applications* to the Windows Store, providing a new way of distributing and monetizing your application on Windows PCs." Does anyone know if applications built with Delphi will be able to make it into the Microsoft Store? ...

Windows 10 Project Centennial with Delphi? [Edit]
With Windows 10 Microsoft is introducing serveral platform bridges (https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridges) to allow different forms of apps into the Windows Store. I'm curious about Project Centennial which will "make it possible to package and publish your current .NET and *Win32-based Windows applications* to the Windows Store, providing a new way of distributing and monetizing your application on Windows PCs." Does anyone know if applications built with Delphi will be able to make it into the Microsoft Store? (Edit: So the "Insert link" button is broken.....

Top 10 Malware which infect Windows computers.
Microsoft has released a list of top 10 malware which infected Windows computers in Aug 2009. This list is based on the data based on the Malicious Software Removal Tool. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/top-10-malware-which-infect-windows-computer#more-3083 -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Delphi applications and accent border in Windows 10
Question about running existing Delphi applications on Windows 10: In Win10 accent color is an additional border in all 4 directions around the selected window. In my delphi application sometimes the bottom part of the accent border is missing, while the accent color border is visible in the top, in the left and in the right side of the active window. It seems it has something to do with window height - at specific window height the bottom accent border disappears... Any idea what could be done to make accent border always visible regardless of the window size? I am using XE6. Thank...

Indy 10: multicasting in Windows and MAC with Delphi XE2
Hi everyone, I am trying the new version of Delphi, XE2. I want to make a mDNS client / server, so I have placed the components TIdIPMCastClient and TIdIPMCastServer, and configured them. Under Windows, I have been able to send packets using the TIdIPMCastServer, although they are not with the source port 5353 (the one for mDNS), because I get always the error "address already in use". How can I workaround this problem, so I can send multicast datagrams with source port 5353? But under MAC, I have alway the error "Socket error #22, invalid argument". I have tried two...

A multiprocessor computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows XP stops responding on a black screen after you resume the computer from hibernation
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Windows Vista service pack that contains this hotfix. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951126/ In Steve Gibson's grc.linkfarm - paradoX wrote: > A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. H...

The ATA PASS THRU request is unsuccessful on a Windows XP-based computer or a Windows Server 2003-based computer
"Last Review: April 16, 2007 SYMPTOMS On a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer or a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer, a hard disk supports the ATA 48-bit Logical Block Addressing (LBA) feature. However, if the hard disk is smaller than 137 gigabytes (GB), Windows does not handle the ATA PASS THRU request that sets the ATA_FLAGS_48BIT_COMMAND flag. Therefore, the ATA PASS THRU request is unsuccessful." <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934205> -- js ...

Smoke [5.8.3] 22251 FAIL(m) (Windows98) windows 4.10 (Windows98) windows
Automated smoke report for 5.8.3 patch 22251 on (Windows98) windows - 4.10 = (x86) (momotaro) using version=20 Report by Test::Smoke v1.18.10 (perl 5.8.2) [46 seconds] O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D test(s) failed under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m =3D make, M =3D make (after miniperl), t =3D make test-p= rep 22251 Configuration (common) -DCCHOME=3DC:\m -DCCTYPE=3DGCC -DIS_WIN95=3Ddefine -Dgcc_v3_2 ---...

Smoke [5.9.0] 22268 FAIL(m) (Windows98) windows 4.10 (Windows98) windows
Automated smoke report for 5.9.0 patch 22268 on (Windows98) windows - 4.10 = (x86) (momotaro) using version=20 Report by Test::Smoke v1.18.10 (perl 5.8.2) [46 seconds] O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D test(s) failed under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m =3D make, M =3D make (after miniperl), t =3D make test-p= rep 22268 Configuration (common) -DCCHOME=3DC:\m -DCCTYPE=3DGCC -DIS_WIN95=3Ddefine -Dgcc_v3_2 ---...

Smoke [5.9.0] 22268 FAIL(m) (Windows98) windows 4.10 (Windows98) windows
Automated smoke report for 5.9.0 patch 22268 on (Windows98) windows - 4.10 = (x86) (momotaro) using version=20 Report by Test::Smoke v1.18.10 (perl 5.8.2) [47 seconds] O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D test(s) failed under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m =3D make, M =3D make (after miniperl), t =3D make test-p= rep 22268 Configuration (common) -DCCHOME=3DC:\m -DCCTYPE=3DGCC -DIS_WIN95=3Ddefine -Dgcc_v3_2 ---...

Web resources about - Windows 10 and Delphi - embarcadero.computer-industry

The Windows Blog

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and fifty-six in a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in ...

Woman, 80, breaks window to try to free husband from fire
Texas woman focused on saving husband after escaping from house on fire

CNET UK podcast 459: The right way to watch Star Wars, Bezos' rocket and your thoughts on Windows Phone ...
Google's Star Trek-style wearable, a historic rocket and whether we need "The Phantom Menace" are all up for debate on the latest episode of ...

Microsoft acknowledges bug led to Windows 10 November upgrade stoppage
Microsoft has restored access to Windows 10's November upgrade from its download center, saying that it pulled the upgrade because of a bug. ...

Sony confirms official PS4 Remote Play app for Windows and Mac
Well that was quick. It's only been a couple of days since someone came up with an unofficial app to stream PlayStation 4 gaming to PC, but earlier ...

Turkish Consulate in Moscow Was Stoned and Had Bottles Thown Through It’ Windows
Over five hundred people gathered at Turkish embassy in Moscow to protest and throw stones, bottles, paint cans and even eggs into the building ...