XML Web Service Message from .NET to NonStop SOAP Server

Here's the XML parsing error the NonStop (Tandem) SOAP Server is generating as a result of a Web Service request from my .NET web client.  The web service in question works fine when the XML request comes from the "test" html client.  My question is, is this a lack of carriage returns a problem?  (see trace information below)

>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Unmarshal Error: Invalid input document: Unexpected extra node(s) at the end of the document
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< SoapDocumentHandler::process:Fault occurred while processing()
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Error occurred, ts=2008/10/15 14:32:03
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Request is not valid. Unexpected extra node(s) at the end of the document
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< generateResponse() >> No transformation being done
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Begin Fault Response..
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Trace output provided by the SOAP Server for the .NET request looks like the following.  Note: NO carraige returns after the various XML tags.  For example, no CR after closing </soap:Envelope>.

>> 2008/10/15 14:32:2::Y7H3:<< SoapProcessor::process>> Begin Input XML:
>> 2008/10/15 14:32:2<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:
soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20
01/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><
WSDemo carrier_id="16" cert_no="000000000000022" xmlns="urn:cpq_tns_WSDemo" /></
soap:Body></soap:Envelope>>> 2008/10/15 14:32:2::Y7H3:<< SoapProcessor::process>
> End Input XML:

Trace output provided by the SOAP Server for the generated HTML test client.  As you can see this document is produced with carriage returns as shown here.

>> 2008/10/8 0:20:24::X4SJ:<< SoapProcessor::process>> Begin Input XML:
>> 2008/10/8 0:20:24<?xml version ="1.0" ?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<WSDemo carrier_id="16" cert_no="000000000000001">
</WSDemo>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>> 2008/10/8 0:20:24::X4SJ:<< SoapProcessor::process>> End Input XML:

Cheers

David

0
david

Carriage returns are just white space in XML. They mean the same thing as a space does.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
10/16/2008 6:59:19 PM

I might be dealing with a NonStop SOAP Server version issue.  Trying to get this updated.

Thanks for your feedback.

David

0
david

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

How to get Soap messages for web service(Request response xml message)
Hi all, i am using web service in my windows application, is it possible to get the xml message which will be sent to web service and same for response. Please let me know if its possible or not.   Thanks Hi, Use Soap Extensions to log the outgoing and incoming XML. You must add the SoapExtension attribute to the proxy class of the Web Service. The proxy class in VS.NET is located in the Reference.cs in the web references folder. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/esw638yk(VS.71).aspx Hope this helps.Microsoft Certified Professional Developer - Web Developer Hi Pr...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

any open source of xml .net web services?
any open source available for xml .net web services by using either vb.net or c#? please advise, thanks. I am not sure how to adapt framework. Basically I want to setup xml web services for people who is using colf fusion to connect my app. Also, what about sqlxml? you can host iis as soap calls too? which one is better sqlxml web service? or xml .net web services? please advise too. thanks for the help...

Asasp.net web service and xml problem
Hi all ,Im using ,net framework 2.0This is the web service I wrote by request of AS developer (Action script) but when he consume the service  he got the result like this .. <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">   <soap:Body>     <GetTransportDetailsResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">       <GetTransportDetailsResult>&lt;TransportMethods&a...

.NET vs Java XML Web Services
Does anyone know out of .NET and Java, which one performs better via XML web services? I think that it would really just depend on where you are wanting to deploy your web service. Since both have the overhead of a framwork behind them I would imagine that any performace gains would be small. If you are deploying in a Windows environment I would go with .NET, but mainly because I just like it better. If you want to deploy in Windows and Linux I would use Java. I am not sure how far Mono has come on the Linux platform and if you do not use C# mono would not help you anyway.It's not a bug, i...

Consuming .net xml web service in PHP
I have developed .net xml web service. I want a develope php client to access this web service. I dont have much knowledge about PHP. The web service i wrote accepts two string parameters FirstName and LastName, and returns string like Welcome (FisrstName)__(LastName) to web service. The sample php client code i am trying is as below: <?php require_once('nusoap.php'); $parameters = array ("FirstName"=>"Russel", "LastName"=>"Arnold"); // Create a new Soap object $soapclient = new soapclient('http://testwebservice/Servi...

C#.NET Web services: Manipulating XML
Hi, I am developing a web service in C#.Net1.1 and a new bee to .NET. I have developed a web method to retrieve the data from database and I want to sent the response in the form of XML.I want to manipulate the dataset to get the desired XML.But I dont know how to do that? Can somebody help me in formatting the XML. Also, once I will format the XML, what return type I should use in web method to get XML file as output. Thanks in advance. First of all, I'm sure you already knnow that .NET 1.1 is rather old. At any rate, make sure you're using the latest service pack for .NET 1.1...

XML Web Services Encoding but No Soap Message
Hi, I have double byte characters in the content that I am returning using Web Services.  However, the encoding in the xml file returned by Web Services is utf-8 and I am unable to read the content, not even by changing browser encoding setting to the appropriate one.I implemented SoapExtension to modify the xml encoding before it returns to the client, which works when a WinForm calls it, but it doesn't work when a webpage calls it, and here is why: http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/45/228371.aspx"If you're testing this by hitting the "Invoke" button on the .asmx page, i...

Web resources about - XML Web Service Message from .NET to NonStop SOAP Server - asp.net.xml-web-services

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

Huge crowd expected at memorial service for Jonah Lomu
More than 1000 people are expected to gather as the Tongan community and South Auckland bid farewell to rugby legend Jonah Lomu.

TV news car in accident with emergency services fighting Esperance bushfires
A car being used by a TV news crew has been involved in an accident with an&nbsp;emergency services vehicle being used to fight the Esperance ...

Paris attacks: Russia offers France a puppy as sign of solidarity after death of service dog Diesel
Russia offers France a puppy as a sign of solidarity against terrorism, after French service dog Diesel was killed during an anti-terrorism raid ...

Seniors, Millennials embrace ride-sharing services
... users. Americans both young and old who previously didn't have access to road transportation will soon capitalize on new ride-sharing services ...

now WeTransfer is launching a streaming service too
In the past week we got news of Beats Music and Rdio shutting down (the latter because Pandora acquired "key parts" of it), and now comes the ...

Airbnb's CEO wasted four months building a roommate-finding service before realizing it had already been ...
... roommate search tool,” Chesky explained. “We worked on this for 4 months and then realized roommates.com had already built this service. I couldn’t ...

What's the catch with off-brand prepaid wireless services?
... Reardon explores whether prepaid brands, which are owned by the major wireless operators, offer a true bargain over traditional services.

Amazon to build massive wind farm to power web services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) on Thursday announced it will build and operate a 100-megawatt (MW) wind farm in Ohio that will power its current and ...

Square Users Find Their Accounts Suddenly Deactivated, Customer Service Proves Useless
... up for a Square account. After a few transactions, he got an email informing him that his account was being deactivated. “Our account services ...