XML Web Service as Admin of a Store Web site

I have created an XML Web Service (WebShopManager) with the IBS Store that will serve as an Admin program.

I download the Store data tables to a local client where I read, edit and then return data to the Store. The program can function as a logistic centre.
Does anyone have experience with this kind of solution? Can this work in reality when we have lots of data in the tables to download? What could be a problem?
I imagine this method much more flexible than the ordinary web based admin solutions.

Bo Wiklund
0
bws