WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client

We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying to develop on WSE 2.0, since it claims to be for both .NET 1.1 and 2.0. However it also claims not be valid for VS.NET 2005. Has anyone done this before and is it possible? Any suggestions and/or pointers? Thanks,

 Ryan

0
rsmoke21

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

consuming WCF services from .net 1.1 clients securely
I am developing some services in WCF that will need to be .net 1.1 compatible. These services will be public on the internet, but should be accessible to authenticated user only. I am just starting on this, and so far the only solution i see, would be to expose the services as basic http binding, through a SSL channel, and collect authentication information such as username/password in clear text inside of the soap header.Em I on the right track ? Are there features in WCF i can leverage for this other than manually check for this information in the header.. perhaps i could use the security ...

NET Framework 1.1 in VS Web Express 2005
Dear sirs, I was tried developer with VS NET 2003 and VS Web Dev. Express 2005 Beta 2. I hat VS 2003! Webforms for insert controls with toolbox, auto codebehind, etc.I like VS WDE 2005 Beta 2! It's much more easy who VS 2003! Insert controls with toolbox in code, etc.But my host enterprise works with NET Framework 1.1... no app_code, etc...It's possible woks with NET 1.1 using VS Web Dev Express 2005? Ho do I do to make this?I'm sorry by my poor english! :-)Thank you so much!RAMON ROCHAfrom Brazil Hello Ramon, The answer to your question is no. VWD 2K5 is tied to .net 2 and ...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)
Greetings all, I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected. I saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web Service Proxy to use it. When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I am expecting to see). But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only one structure. Four of the structures are missing. Is there something else I need to do to view the four ...

Can you use VS 2005 for .NET 1.1 Web Development?
I use VS 2003 to develop 1.1 web sites. One of my clients is interested in using VS 2005 to do some additional enhancements. Is this possible? I am interested in the following: Can you use VS 2005 to maintain / develop a .NET 1.1 web site? If yes, is it difficult? Does VS 2005 only work with .NET 2.0? Can you run VS 2005 and VS 2003 on the same computer? Thanks in advance. Hi, The answer is No. Visual Studio 2005 is targetted for development using .NET 2.0.   If you try to open a .NET 1.1 Application in Visual Studio 2005, it would actually ask you and upon confirmation,...

Consume 1.1 web service with WSE from .NET 2.0
We have an existing web service that was written in VS 2003/.NET 1.1, that uses the Web Services Enhancements for authentication (Microsoft.System.Web.Service2).  I want to revamp the client that is connecting to it with a new ASP.NET 2.0 app, but I'm running into some problems.The old client was written in 1.1, and also used those same WSE libraries.  According to that site, there is a new WSE 3 for VS2005 and 2.0, and the older WSE versions only work with VS2003.  Is this true?  How can I connect to a web service that was written in 1.1 using WSE then from .NET 2.0?&nbs...

Web resources about - WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client - asp.net.xml-web-services

WS-Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Web Services Security ( WS-Security , WSS ) is an extension to SOAP to apply security to Web services . It is a member of the Web service specifications ...