When creatign a web service how do you specify the Web Service Name?

Well when I create a web service it always defaults to the name WebReference, which I think is the default if no Web Service Name is provided. But when I use other people's web services there is another name there, so there has to be a way to provide a name so no default WebReference will be used. How do you do that?
0
LastManStanding

Actually I think there is no way, because it takes it after the URL.

So if you have a web service from a place like so http://www.webservices.com
then the WebRefrence chosen by Visual Studio will be com.webservices.www
0
LastManStanding
3/16/2005 10:56:42 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking, but you can rename the web service reference name.
Jamie Kindred, CGA, MCSD
0
NetProfit
3/16/2005 11:12:55 PM
Yeah I know it can be renamed. But what I was after was a better default name., which it takes based on the URL.
0
LastManStanding
3/17/2005 12:08:34 AM
Keep in mind that you are refering to the VS IDE.  If you use WSDL.exe manually you can name the class or dll anything you want, since you have complete control.  The IDE does exactly that, but since our friends at MS had to make everyone happy with as little backfire as possible, they chose the same convention they used before in Active Directory.
Cristian Sturek
Principal SOA Architect
http://www.xwebservices.com
http://www.soahub.com
0
csturek
3/17/2005 11:30:35 PM
Yeah I've noticed that... You know they should give you the ability to utlize all the switches and options when creating a service. This goes pretty much without saying that Visual Studio is great doing a lot of things behind the scenes but sort of limits your control.
0
LastManStanding

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web Service invoking another Web Service
hello, I have a web service and I have to consume another web method of some other web service. I have to do everything through code. [I cannot use "Add Web Reference" utility in the VS.NET]. I am using C# for coding the web service. Thanks in advance. Phanikum Yep, You could do that! Basically you have to use WSDL.exe http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Once you have proxyclass in a file from WSDL.EXE, make an assembly and use that in your app! Sreedharhtt...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Web resources about - When creatign a web service how do you specify the Web Service Name? - asp.net.xml-web-services

Buy Facebook Likes Reviews - Reviews And Ratings Of The Best Sites To Buy Facebook Likes
Get the facts before you buy! We've tested and reviewed all of the Top Facebook Likes Providers, so you don't have to. Find the Best and Avoid ...

Steve Jobs rips into Google and Adobe, mentions next iPhone ‘update’
If there’s one thing we like about Steve Jobs, it’s that he isn’t afraid to go on the record to say how Apple is better than competitors like ...

Tech Mahindra
Invest in cutting edge technology solutions.

Tropical Cyclones Intensify When They Hit Freshwater
A new study has been published which analyses a decade’s worth of tropical cyclones and found that, when a hurricane blows over ocean regions ...

The Origins of Facebook, Hacked E-mails, and Privacy
Facebook is one of the largest sites on the Internet. But most people don't know the story of how it was founded.

news
Earthworm News