What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service

I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object.

If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference?
What if I dont use the information from the new object?
thanks
Larry
0
lmmmmm

You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.
-Mathew Nolton

Website=www.cybral.com

Email=mnolton@cybral.com

Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton
0
matiasn
1/30/2004 11:43:55 PM
If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class reference would I have a problem.

Or should I be fine since I'm not making any reference to that new element.
0
lmmmmm

Is web services a part of web Service?

reference a compiled web service from another web service
I created a compiled web service (eg, a dll file). now i create another web service in which i want to refer to the compiled service. how is this done in vs .net?? i am following an example which is not vs .net specific so i am not sure of the syntax. the example says to create the second web service (ie, .asmx.vb file) and include the following single line of code in it to refer to the compiled code: <%@ WebService Class="compiled_code_service_name" %> this does not work within vs .net. can anybody tell me what is the correct syntax?? thanks I'm not quite sure I ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

how to make refer to a remote Web Service? : ServiceReference can only refer to local web service.
Hi Folks, Since  ServiceReference can only refer to local web service, how can I refer to web service in the remote machine?  Thanks for your suggestion.   Sun You can make a local web service that collect data from the remote web service.Hope this can helo ;)Stefano ...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Web reference and web service
Hi   If I add web reference. Does that mean that I can add only Web service as web reference.   Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Hi karang,  karang: Does that mean that I can add only Web service as web reference. Yup! Thats right. As MSDN says in this article: MSDN: A Web reference enables a project to consume one or more XML Web services. HTH  Servus,KlausI haven't the faintest idea, but great many therefrom.klaus_b@.NET...

Web resources about - What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service - asp.net.xml-web-services

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Reference Pricing tweak for Medicaid
Reference pricing is a common payment reform for commercial insurance. Common, non-urgent, deferrable procedures are prime candidates. Hip replacement ...

Here's how to remove all Donald Trump references when you're online
... screen, a new Google Chrome extension can help. Here's how the Trump Filter works. The extension " searches the web pages you visit for references ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy
O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy

Disney Inundates General Hospital Episode With References To New Year's Eve College Football Playoff ...
ESPN says it isn’t worried about viewership for tomorrow’s college football playoff games on New Year’s Eve , but the degree to which TV viewers ...

Go Bang House by Takeru Shoji Architects references traditional Japanese farmhouses
A patio-like corridor surrounds the ground-floor rooms of this house by Takeru Shoji Architects, replicating traditional space in Japanese farmhouses ...