WEB Services : The transaction install has completed.The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.

hi all ,

            I am getting following Error;"The transaction install has completed.The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed." while inter acting with  web services Installutil <exe path>

Thanks & Regards,
Murthy.
0
murthysrn

Please provide some information.

  1. What do you mean, "interacting with web services installutil"?
  2. installutil usually provides better error messages than that. The part of the message you included is not the important part. It probably is also telling you what went wrong such that it had to roll back the transacted install.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
11/22/2008 7:07:40 PM

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
See the contents of the log file for the<URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.exe assembly's progre
ss.
The file is located at <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.InstallLog.
Installing assembly '<URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.exe
   logfile = <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.InstallLog
Installing service PsLiveScanSystem...
Creating EventLog source PsLiveScanSystem in log Application...

An exception occurred during the Install phase.
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service already exists

The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning.
See the contents of the log file for the <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.exe assembly's progre
ss.
The file is located at <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.InstallLog.
Rolling back assembly '<URL>\\WinServicesLSSServer.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.exe
   logfile = <URL>\WinServicesLSSServer.InstallLog
Restoring event log to previous state for source PsLiveScanSystem.

The Rollback phase completed successfully.

Thanks & Regards,
Murthy.
0
murthysrn
11/24/2008 4:48:10 AM

I'm getting the impression that this is a language issue. You might want to get someone to translate the message for you.

Your program is not a web service; it's a Windows Service. installutil is trying to install the service. The problem is that the service already exists.

The error message is clearly telling you this. It says so in plain English, "the specified service already exists".

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
11/24/2008 8:36:55 AM

This is clearly a bug with windows server and the installation.  I have noticed that if you have the Services window open it sometimes causes it even though you have uninstalled the windows application.  I have now ran into it on a Virtual 2008 server where even with the services gui closed it will not allow you to install and there isn't any issues with dependencies.   It would be great if Microsoft would address this issue!

0
bruceAllen
1/28/2009 1:55:59 AM

I can't imagine why you think this is clear. This problem can occur if the service actually already exists. Since you do not know that the service does not already exist, Occams Razor suggests you go find out before deciding that the real problem is something more complicated that Microsoft can fix and that you cannot fix.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

configure web service url while installing web site
Hi,I'm trying to build a web setup project that installs a web site with a custom action.The web site that is being installed,consumes a web services - which url is specified during the installing process.The custom action should place the entered url into the web site web.config file.I'm following this tutorial here:http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/06/15/tip-trick-creating-packaged-asp-net-setup-programs-with-vs-2005.aspxA little bit updated to updated the AppSettings instead of the ConnectionStrings section.However, at this code i age an exception:void ConfigureData...

Install a windows service along with Web-Application installation
Actually I have a 'windows service' as a part of the whole Visual Studio solution (VS.NET 2003). I want to install this 'windows service' as a part of the installation for the actual web-application. I used to do, InstallUtil < service-exe-filename-with-path > from the command prompt for Visual Studio 2003. Can this be included in the installer itself. I guess I should be doing this in the 'Custom Actions' part of the installer. But I don't know, Where to should set the path for .NET framework How to call the 'installutil < filename >'...

MPS Web Services installation fails
The installation goes well, exept for this error: Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentException HResult: -2146233088 Message: Could not perform any further deployment actions because: DeploymentActionFailed Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.Deployment.DoDeploymentWork()    at Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.MainForm.OnTimerTick(Object obj, EventArgs e) -------------------- Inner Exception (1): System.Exception HResult: -2146233088 Message: MSI log returned non-zero error code 1603 Stack...

Is web services a part of web Service?

Web Services NT Service
I am getting an EOSError code 5 - Access Denied when the TServiceApplication attempts to register the service with the ServiceManager. I am using XE2 Win7 64 bit. The error occurs for both 32 and 64 bit targets. I have a datamodule that uses ADO to connect to a database, and the web services server code. All the code is used in a WinUI project which works. I also have an untested ISAPI DLL based on the same core code. This is the first time I have tried incorporating a Web Services Server into an NT Service. I have traced the VCL code that produces the error at line ...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Web resources about - WEB Services : The transaction install has completed.The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed. - asp.net.xml-web-services

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...