Web Services Question #3

 Hello All,

I have a question regarding Web Services.  I am attempting to create a web service that returns a class object.  When I attempt to view the object values I assigned, all string variables btw, in the browser all I can see is the root node object. I can not exapnd the root node. I noticed coworker created a similar WS using a struct though and he is able to expand the nested elements in the browser.  Is this becuase a struct is a value type and a class is a reference type? When I debug i see the object populated with the proper values, and no error is being thrown.  Any help is appreciated.

WS Newbie

0
Howler72

can u post ur code...

0
anup1252000
5/5/2009 2:54:33 AM

You need to seriazlize the object, refer below url:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/564k8ys4(VS.80).aspx

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

A question about Web Service security / secured web service Testing
Hi, I created a web service and secure it using SoapExtention. I implemented code from this link. http://www.developer.com/net/net/article.php/11087_2192901_2 Now if I create proxy class from my other webapplication and call any webmethod of my webservice, I must provide username password to access any of its webmethod, otherwise it is throwing SOAP Exception which works fine. But now when I open this webservice locally using its URL, in Internet Explorer, like http://localhost/MyWebService/poservice.asmx, it shows me all webmethods and I can invoke any webmethod from here without using ...

Is web services a part of web Service?

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web resources about - Web Services Question #3 - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

India is accusing Facebook of misrepresenting how many people want its free internet service
The Indian government is accusing Facebook of misrepresenting how many users expressed support for Free Basics, the company's plan to bring free ...

Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services
Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services Business Wire (press release) INDIANAPOLIS(BUSINESS ...

Police: Drive-Thru Customers Attacked Burger King Worker Over Slow Service
We know it can be frustrating to wait for your food to be cooked, bagged, and passed to your eagerly awaiting hands, but it is never okay to ...

Cox Gives Up on Its 'Me Too' Streaming Video Service -
Cox has given up on the company's streaming video service before it has even hit the broader market. Back in November we noted how Cox was the ...

IBM might buy live video service UStream for $130 million
The first name that comes to mind when you hear "live-streaming video" might be Twitch, but even despite how that service has grown, it isn't ...

Landesk Unveils Service Desk 2016 with Skype Adapter
The Design App Store allows service desk administrators to create, view and select new modules and customizable capabilities.

Meet Zum, An On-Demand Ride Service For Kids
Zum launches out of beta today. Can it make parents trust the Uberization of child care? While Ritu Narayan was working as a group product manager ...

GM, The Lumbering Giant, Suddenly Looks Fleet-Footed In The Race To Provide Future Mobility Services
Maven car-sharing brand is the latest in a series of big moves by GM to position itself at the forefront of a revolution in mobility.

DevOps IT service Sendachi raises $30M after Seattle and London startups merge
Startups from Seattle and London are merging to form a new IT services company called Sendachi that today announced a $30 million investment ...