web service SOAP Headers - XML vs SOAP serialization

If this isn't the right forum, let me know what is.

Is there a difference between SOAP serialization and  and XML serialization.

I have been reading heavily and am now quite confused.

I understand that SOAP serialization produces XML, but perhaps without a specific schema or a scheme very different from XML.

0
LouArnold

In the context of web services, the XML Serializer is used to produce XML in SOAP format.

What you may be getting confused about is that there is also a "runtime serialization" subsystem. This can serialize data either using a Binary Formatter, or a SOAP Formatter. It is not used by web services.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
12/15/2008 12:16:40 AM

You're right. I knew what you explained, but I can't recall the context of the confusion. I'll ask again, when I come across the problem again

Thanks, John.

Lou.

0
LouArnold

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

SOAP Web Service Problem (problema con un web service)
Please help, I can't read a webservice method (webmethod) from asmx web service, with Delphi firemonkey, In my first try I put a WDSL Importer, and I can retrive data from simplex type (string, booleans, integers) but when the method returns a DataSet, i loose my way. Por favor, ayuda, no puedo leer datos de un web service si el metodo que regresa es un DataSet, el web service esta hecho en dot.net así que es un asmx, utilizando el WDSL importes, traje datos sencillos como enteros, boleanos y otros, pero en el caso de arreglos como un DataSet no lo he conseguido, estoy perdido, y l...

Adding Web Reference to Web Service With SOAP Header in Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I'm a beginner in web service. Recently, I created a web service with custom SOAP header so it support security feature. I modify my code from a tutorial that I read: Imports System.Web Imports System.Web.Services Imports System.Web.Services.Protocols _ _ _ Public Class SecureHelloWorld Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService Public authentication As AuthenticationHeader _ Public Function HelloWorld() As String If authentication.Name = "Hello" AndAlso authentication.Password = "World" Then Return &quo...

MPS Web Services VS WES Web services
Hi All, I am new to this post and I am looking for clarifications on HMC 4.5 provisioning. I am building an sample application that uses the MPS Web Services to provision HMC 4.5. I am confused with the terminology difference between a MPS Web Service and a WES  Web service. I have a architecture diagram for HMC 4.5 provisioning where in MPS can be connected to as follows: a) Sample Provisioning UI ----> MPS Web Services ------> MPF Client Wrapper .Net ----> .....  b) Connected Services Framework (CSF) ----> WES Web Services -----&g...

multiple web services vs one web service?
Hi,Can someone tell me in term of performance and flexibility which approach is better: Using multiple web services within an application, each web service contains only 1 web method VS using a single Web Service with multiple web methods..(each web method will retrieve data from  the database and populate the Web form). I want to know if it is better to transform each web method to web service or to regroup all web methods in only one Web Service.Thanks in advance. Use one WebService. For each Web Service you'll need a WebReference in VS. 1 WebService = 1 WebReference ...

How do I set a session ID in a web service SOAP header using a .NET proxy?
I have a web service proxy set up in PB 10.5. I need to set a session ID in the SOAP header so the web service can validate subsequent requests for this session. Is this possible? You can't modify the SOAP headers unfortunately. That capability is supposed to be forthcoming in an EBF/Maintenance Release, but I do not now of an specific timeframe. On 20 Apr 2006 13:40:54 -0700, "Libby Engelbret" <lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote: >I have a web service proxy set up in PB 10.5. I need to set a session ID in >the SOAP header so the web service can val...

Web Services returning objects; Cannot serialize in Viewstate/Session due to SOAP headers
Our company has moved from InProc to StateServer Session State recently, and I've run into the problem of not being able to store objects that are returned from the Web Service into the Session because the SOAP Headers are not serializable. How can I combat this problem? Also, if this is a big issue, is there another way I can store these objects in order to persist them through postbacks for sorting on a Gridview? Application level variables seem to be overlapping data between multiple users. In my opinion , using the object that is returned from a webservice in your pages and direc...

Web Service SOAP Header
Using VB. I have added a web reference to my project for a web service using the specified http WSDL. I have added an instance of the service to my page: Dim ws As New myservice One of the requirements is that I use header authentication in the SOAP response (username and password). What is the best way to approach this. I do not see any reference to header elements in the WSDL but here is a sample of the SOAP request required. Also I don't see any reference to a class for this type of authentication.<soap:Header> <wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:...

Soap Header authentication in web service
Hi All, I am trying to call a webmethod in an external web service. But tht web service have implemented authentication via Soap Header. This is the format of Soap header which I have to pass, <soap:Header>        <wsse:Security soap:mustUnderstand="1" >            <wsse:UsernameToken>                <wsse:Username>USER@CUSTOMER</wsse:Username>         ...

Is web services a part of web Service?

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL description...

Web resources about - web service SOAP Headers - XML vs SOAP serialization - asp.net.xml-web-services

Serialization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When the resulting series of bits is reread according to the serialization format, it can be used to create a semantically identical clone of ...

Serialization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When the resulting series of bits is reread according to the serialization format, it can be used to create a semantically identical clone of ...

FlatBuffers 1.1: a memory-efficient serialization library
... in development, the FlatBuffers 1.1 update is here. Originally released in June 2014, it’s a highly efficient open source cross-platform serialization ...

Increase Java Serialization Performance
The simplest way to send and receive a Java object is to use an ObjectOutputStream/ ObjectInputStream object pair, but is it the most efficient ...

Jackson Data Binding Message Serialization
... ObjectMapper is simple: objectMapper = new ObjectMapper( new JsonFactory(); objectMapper.disableDefaultTyping(); objectMapper.disable(Se ...

Performance at Scale: SSDs, Silver Bullets, and Serialization
... occur when customers are trying to speed up the wrong thing. A common phenomena at the heart of the disappointing SSD outcomes is serialization. ...

LDS Serializations - Meridian Magazine - LDS, Mormon and Latter-day Saint News and Views
Meridian Magazine is the place where Latter-day Saints [LDS] gather online. Meridian is a values-based publication, drawing upon the standards, ...

Is Object Serialization Evil?
... to be the comparison of the various data stores, but the comparison of how data is stored. More specifically, I want to show the object serialization, ...

Serialization Vulnerabilities Put Many Android Devices at Risk
Researchers at IBM have identified vulnerabilities that can be exploited by malicious Android applications to escalate privileges, allowing cybercriminals ...