Web Service invoking another Web Service

hello,

I have a web service and I have to consume another web method of some other web service. I have to do everything through code. [I cannot use "Add Web Reference" utility in the VS.NET]. I am using C# for coding the web service. Thanks in advance.

Phanikum
0
phanikum

Yep, You could do that!

Basically you have to use WSDL.exe

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp
Once you have proxyclass in a file from WSDL.EXE, make an assembly and use that in your app!

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
12/8/2003 12:36:21 AM
But our problem is complicated than this one. The problem is we have to run the wsdl from the code  itself[using system class]. The above mentioned solution will not work as the program will not be compiled as the compiler will not be aware of the "class" that we create of the other webservice type. The solution mentioned will work only if we run wsdl from the command prompt and then write a webservice to access other webservice. I hope you got my problem...Everything even wsdl will be run from the code itself.

System.Diagnostics.Process myproc;
myproc = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
myproc.StartInfo.FileName = "wsdl";
myproc.StartInfo.Arguments = " Service1.asmx";
myproc.Start();
//Now the compiler gives error
WebReference1.Service1 obj = new WebReference1.Service1(); //compiler does'nt understand this.
returnval = obj.remotefunction();
Can some one help me to sort out this problem
0
phanikum
12/8/2003 5:28:00 AM

I have solution in VB, not in c#.

Download  MSSOAPLib.SoapClient (link: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/M/mssoap1.dll/1.02.814.00/download.html)

Add reference to your project (or calling WS) to  MSSOAPLib.SoapClient (at design time only)

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim objSOAPClient As New objSOAPClient.mssoapinit("http://127.0.0.1/ToBeCalledWebService/Service.asmx?wsdl")

TextBox1.Text = objSOAPClient.WebMethodInCalledWS()

End Sub

----- end method

0
petersmith
8/18/2006 11:57:01 PM

allright, here's the solution:

petersmith

reference a compiled web service from another web service
I created a compiled web service (eg, a dll file). now i create another web service in which i want to refer to the compiled service. how is this done in vs .net?? i am following an example which is not vs .net specific so i am not sure of the syntax. the example says to create the second web service (ie, .asmx.vb file) and include the following single line of code in it to refer to the compiled code: <%@ WebService Class="compiled_code_service_name" %> this does not work within vs .net. can anybody tell me what is the correct syntax?? thanks I'm not quite sure I ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web resources about - Web Service invoking another Web Service - asp.net.xml-web-services

Invoking the power... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Strobist: gridspot on face, one flash behind model on a low stand, hairlight on top of the rack camera right (snooted but still visible, removed ...

Senate Republican Leaders Push a Yes Vote On Invoking Cloture on House Bill - YouTube
Cruz: A vote for cloture is a vote for Obamacare http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2013/09/cruz-a-vote-for-cloture-is-a-vote-for-o ...

Prosecutor: French teacher lied about being attacked by masked assailant invoking Islamic State - CTV ...
A preschool teacher who claimed to have been attacked by a masked assailant invoking Islamic State made up the story, French prosecutors said ...

Cop To Cameraman: ‘If You’re Invoking Your Rights, You Must Be Doing Something Wrong’
America in the 21st Century is not as up on the Bill of Rights as you'd hope.

Alabama judges are invoking Jim Crow laws to avoid issuing marriage licenses
In case there was any confusion about the fact that social conservatives’ massive resistance to same-sex marriage is a direct descendant of their ...

Invoking The 14th
Hertzberg hopes Obama will go there: In the end, Obama could have no honorable choice but to invoke the Fourteenth. There is little doubt that ...

Autodesk sued for $10 million after invoking DMCA to stop eBay resales
A Seattle man has filed suit against Autodesk, the creators of AutoCAD, for …

Invoking the Coase Theorem for Fracking Noise
From Kevin Williamson's excellent article in National Review " The Truth About Fracking ": "There are other workaday environmental problems ...

How I solved my problem with pushup avoidance by invoking Peter Drucker
Long story short: a couple months ago my son-in-law — listening to me lament how my upper body isn't nearly as strong as it used to be and is ...

Hillary Clinton Defends Ties to Wall Street by Invoking 9/11
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton defended her ties to Wall Street by invoking the September 11, 2001 terror attack.