Web Referenced WSDL always getting "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." error

I'm getting "Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." on reference.cs file.

I looked up this error and there were fixes for it, if it was occuring intermittently (I applied it anyway without success).  However my error seems to be permanent.  FYI, web service is Java based and client is of course .NET based.

Does it sound like service provider issue?

Thanks in advance
0
GlobeGuy

Java Web Server shouldn't be a problem;

There are many reason why this can happen:

1.Check if your personal Firewall has been disabled.
2.Cehck if you have created proxy class correctly. When you create a new webproxy object the constructor should bear something like (xxxx.yourserver.com)
3. Check the proxy server settings

Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP www.msdeveloper.info
0
narayanas

Error Using DNS Provider Procedures--"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."
Hi, We are using the DNS Provider and DNS Client Component that comes with MPS Companion(Version 1.1). We have installed the DNS Provider in a Windows 2000 Server machine where core MPS is installed. We have installed the DNS Client Component in a Windows 2003 Server machine where DNS server is installed. When we try running the procedures CreateResourceRecord,RefreshDNSZone etc from the Windows 2000 Server using provtest utility it is throwing the floowing error "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." I am attaching a sa...

"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.".
Hi,We have created Paypal Sandbox profile.Then, we tried to use. we are getting the following error."The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.".We are using ASP.NET USING VB.We are getting the error in the following line.response = CType(caller.Call("TransactionSearch", request), TransactionSearchResponseType)Urgent help is needed. If anyone know, let me know.Urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sekaran--Regarding this... sekaran wrote:..."The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."....We are getting the error in the...

Web Service: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
When I access the web service when I'm on the LAN at work everything functions fine. When I try and access the service from outside the firewall, I get the error. I'm not using a proxy server, I can access the VS.NET generated interface page just fine from outside the firewall as well. On the web server the hosts the web service I have port 80 and 443 open. What else do I need to do w/ the firewall, client app or the service to get it to work? If you could tell me of additional ports, or anything I need to do it would be appreciated. Thanks...

Error trying to consume web services: Underlaying connection was closed. Unable to connect to the remote server
 HiI'm having an issue that is making me crazy. I have a small web application that have a dll library reference that is calling an external web service through port 11000. In my IIS localhost the web application works fine, and connect to the web service correctly.However, when I upload the web application to the server and I try to run it, the webservice returns 'Underlaying connection was closed. Unable to connect to the remote server'. I did a Google search for this and I found this issue may be caused by some firewall or proxy block, so I opened the in-out 11000 TCP por...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...

adding web reference, remote web service. "unable to download service.asmx?wsdl"
Hello having a problem with this web service. VS [2005]  The message we get when we try and add the web reference is "unable download following files http://10.0.1.7/codered/service.asmx?wsdl". Which is using the internal ip address of the web server. We have check the IIS where the web service has been published to. But could not see why it is using the internal ip and not the external ip address. The actual url is http://83.100.199.125/codered/service.asmx Here is the service description sample, maybe someone can check this, as this has the internal ip address at the bottom. ...

Web Exception was unhandled by usercode, "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive." Exception error
  I am using a web service. I got the error: Web Exception was unhandled by usercode. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.  Thanks,Bharathi Hi, Under my environment, I can't see the figure which you gave. And based on my research, please refer to the following link below for more information about this issue. http://forums.asp.net/t/1114812.aspx   Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.Sincerely,Zong-Qing LiMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post ...

Getting "Server actively refused connection" message when attempting to connect to an AJAX enabled web site, but...
I have constructed and successfully debugged an AJAX enabled web site using Visual Studio 2005 Professional with the appropriate AJAX extensons packages installed.  After "publishing" the web site, "WeycoRemote1" I encounter some very strange behavior. Note: the development environment is on the IIS server which is hosting the web site. If I attempt to connect to the web site over the Internet I am presented with either with a "Server actively refused connection message" or "Server Error in '/WeycoRemote1' Application" message.&...

Error message "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server"
Hi, Iam using VS 2005. Whenever i run asp.net web site from within my project by pressing following error occurs as pop up window. "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server". I can build my web site and access this via opening new browser and typing path but not via pressing F5 within VS studio environment. Any ideas?   Regards, Rahul Check out this thread.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

"unable to start debugging on the web server.the underlying conniction was closed:An unexpected error occurred on a send"
Hi All i need any help plz,every time i start debug the project i have this problem in msgbox==> "unable to start debugging on the web server.the underlying conniction was closed:An unexpected error occurred on a  send" i have windows xp sp2 & vs.net 2005 and all thing is allright if i start new empty website frome 0 but if i put any redy or created website(like dotnetnuke or an example from any book)  in the wwwroot and creat it in the iis gives me this problem and i did about 100 tek and tep in the my computer even i re formated it and re installed vs.net...

Guaranteed Solution for Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server"
Hello everyone, I finally found a solution (at least worked for me) for the famous error "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" which was troubling everyone. I encountered this error too. Tried all the options I could but finally got the way out!Here it is:Note: If you are running on IIS and getting this error, your computer might have been coufigured for localhost:port[some port no.]Do this:In Visual Studio IDE, go to the Website Menu and click Start Options.From the list on the left hand side, choose Start Options.Under the Server section, Choose t...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

Web resources about - Web Referenced WSDL always getting "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." error - asp.net.xml-web-services

Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT) are a set of tests administered at public schools in the state of Georgia that are designed ...

SmartPlates & Charts - Geo-referenced VFR & IFR Maps and Procedures on the App Store on iTunes
Get SmartPlates & Charts - Geo-referenced VFR & IFR Maps and Procedures on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Gay rights referenced in new citizenship guide
A revised citizenship study guide for new Canadians released Monday contains a single sentence on gay and lesbian rights, which is a sentence ...

Google Glass bone conduction technology referenced in FCC filing
As if Google Glass wasn't already cool enough, today we're finding out that it feature bone conduction technology. The glasses recently made ...

Retina-Equipped iMac Referenced In OS X 10.10 Yosemite
... to receive an ultra-high resolution display. According to MacBidouille ( via MacRumors ), a Retina display-equipped iMac is indeed referenced ...

Facebook profiles: now cross-referenced with retail purchases!
CVS is one of the companies that manages its loyalty program data with Facebook's new partner, Datalogix. Elvert Barnes Facebook is now using ...

CBS News releases video referenced in O'Reilly dispute
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS News on Monday released video from four stories it aired about the Falklands War in 1982, all part of a dispute involving ...

"I don't think anything can prepare you to hear your own name referenced by a Supreme Court justice as ...
"If I remember correctly, 'Gratz' was referenced in the very first question asked that day. Each time they mentioned my name, I wanted to jump ...

Can You Name All 85 Best Picture Winners Referenced In This Wonderful Oscars Ad?
Designer Olly Moss said this poster for the Oscars was the hardest he's ever had to create. The brief: reference every single Best Picture winner ...