VS2005 IDE: Add Web Refernece. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has fa

 I have published a web service, but cannot connect to it in VS2005.  The Web Methods display, but I then get this error:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I CAN connect to it outside of VS2005 from IE, Stylus Studio, etc.

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin

Hi  Bob,

That might be a problem with proxy.

Please try this solution:

http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/3871.aspx.

Also you can refer to this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/08/AutomaticProxyDetection/default.aspx#S3.

NOTE:If you find my response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site, I am providing this information as a convenience to you.Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore,Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality,safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Sincerely,
Young Fang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Young
6/19/2007 5:18:49 AM

 Hi, Young,

 I added the workaround into my web.config file, but I continue to receive the same error, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or the established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

I have a site that sends credit card data to a gateway for processing. My site resides on an ISP (I don't have direct access to the proxy or any other server). The line of code that is throwing the error is:

strmRequest = New StreamWriter(objRequest.GetRequestStream())
Is there some additional information I need to get this working?
 Sincerely,
Laura S.

0
Lois
6/22/2007 3:00:36 PM

Yeah, tried that.  No change.  So what is VS doing differently that other apps?  Why does VS have soo much trouble?

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin
6/24/2007 12:28:25 PM

Can you add a web reference in VIsual Studio to a web service on your local machine?

What happens if you change the url of the web proxy right before calling it something non-existent on your local machine and on anther computer on your network.

I believe it is a proxy problem also.

Did you try just this setting in your web.config.

<configuration >
  <system.net>
    <defaultProxy>
      <proxy usesystemdefault="false" />
    </defaultProxy>
  </system.net>
</configuration>

If you have Visual Studio 2003, if so, do you get the same problem?

If you have Windows Firewall, try turning that off, and maybe an ISA client?!?!?!

If an answer has been provided to you question please mark it as an answer.
0
Mlogan
6/24/2007 9:05:06 PM

 I have VS 2005sp1, and I used this code in Web.Config:

<system.net>
    <defaultProxy>
      <proxy bypassonlocal="True" usesystemdefault="False" />
    </defaultProxy>
  </system.net>

I am still getting the error mentioned! My site resides on an ISP.

0
Lois
6/25/2007 2:18:14 PM

 Wait! I have a solution, at least in part:

<system.net>
    <defaultProxy>
      <proxy usesystemdefault="False" bypassonlocal="False" proxyaddress="http://myproxyaddressurl"/>

</defaultProxy>
  </system.net>

I'm still not sure if this preserves an SSL connection, but at least I'm getting through from my ISP to my credit card processing gateway.

0
Lois
6/25/2007 2:45:00 PM

Lois, That is SUPER :)

I'll try that syntax out.

Did you ever try connecting to the WS outside of VS?

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time
 When trying to send an email I'm getting this error. What does it mean? Thanks.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 216.34.131.135:25 Regards, Curt It means that a connection could not be established to the host at 216.34.131.135 on port 25 I have tried to connect to that host, and it is not accepting mail on port 25 The simple way to test this is go to the command prompt and type: telnet 216.34.131.135 25 this will try and ...

System.Exception: System.Web.HttpException: The transport failed to connect to the server. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040213): The transport failed to connect to the server.
I have an application which creates about 50 XML packages and sends a notification about the success/failure of every package. I am running this code in threads and I have restricted maximum no. of threads that can be active at any time to 2.So the package generation and the notification would be performed for 2 packages in parallal. But while sending notifications to users, I am getting the below error only for very few packages[ 1 or 2 out of 50] . The same base code is used by all the packages but i am getting this error intermittently. System.Exception: Error sending mail to [So...

not connected when I am connected

Connection Failed Activation of Network Connection Failed
I am running openSUSE 12.1 Beta 1 GNOME and I cannot get an internet connection. The wireless on my laptop says missing firmware which is fine. It says this on any distro and I can get it working. However, I can not get my wired connection to work. It keeps trying to connect and says "Connection Failed Activation of Network Connection Failed. I have seen other people have this problem online somewhere and they said they had to swap something from manual to auto, but I am not sure what or where. I know that this laptops ethernet card will work fine on here b/c I used ope...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection
Hello, I get "Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:3580." when I try to open a Help File of one of the applications I have. My /etc/hosts file has its entries right: 127.0.0.1 hostname.hostdomain hostname My firewall is also disabled. nmap -sT -O localhost gives me (I have included some): 2401/tcp open cvspserver 2601/tcp open zebra 5900/tcp open vnc 8009/tcp open ajp13 8085/tcp open unknown Device type: general purpose Running: Linux 2.6.X OS details: Linux 2.6.17 - 2.6.25 I understand that the port ...

Connection established
Huge problem at the moment: I am connected to the internet via Wifi (NetworkManager) - and Konqueror tells me I am ONLINE in our local library. They run an open network and users need to log in on a special website to get full internet access. As stated, my computer tells me I would be online, but I don�t have any connection (neither via FF, nor via Konqueror). Same applies when connected via Ethernet. Oh, and I�ve already tried to use and change settings with traditional method with ifup... Strange: In my own villa everything works perfect. * ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECTIATED. ...

database connection failed with connection cache
I have a connection cache on jag 3.6.1 using com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.sybdrives. I am able to ping the connection in jag manager. My problem is in PowerJ 3.6.1. I setup a transaction object using the database wizard(very cool), change it to use a cache and even find the connection cache on the server. when I try to test the connection, I first select a profile jconnect5 and try the connection. I get this error: database connection failed jz006: cought a IoException java.net.connectionException connection refused, no further info. any ideas would be great! You can only...

Web resources about - VS2005 IDE: Add Web Refernece. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has fa - asp.net.xml-web-services

Category:Awards established in 1973 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does Facebook’s Board Of Directors Need More Experience In Established Companies?
The appointment earlier this week of Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg to the social network’s board of directors eliminated the ...

Friends of Mike Patterson Trust Established - Facebook
Friends Of Mike Patterson hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Friends of Mike Patterson Trust Established geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text ...

Which Established Facebook Platform Apps Are Spreading Most Quickly Today?
On the first official day of Q3 2009, which established apps are still growing the most quickly? Here are the numbers from AppData on today’s ...

Beats by Dre Presents: LeBron James in ‬RE-ESTABLISHED 2014 - Powerbeats2 Wireless‬‬‬ - YouTube
The words “Akron Est. 1984” are inked on LeBron James’ body. Moving back to Cleveland in 2014 is the re-establishment of his legacy in Northern ...

Judicial watchdog established despite concerns from Bar Association
A new judicial watchdog has been established to hold judges and magistrates accountable for minor offences and to respond to complaints from ...

Canberra Raiders going against the tide in recruiting established representative players
The Canberra Raiders are going against the tide in attempting to recruit established representative players, with just 30 per cent of this year's ...

Sydney siege: Foundation established in memory of victim Katrina Dawson
The family of Sydney siege victim Katrina Dawson has established a foundation in her memory, and have also made plans for a memorial service ...

City to Gungahlin light rail community reference groups to be established
The ACT government has put the call out for members of new community and&nbsp;business reference group for the city to Gungahlin light rail project.&nbsp; ...

Newly established Men's Shed robbed, trashed - The Courier
SEBASTOPOL Men’s Shed members feel violated after their facility was broken into and valuable items were stolen.