Using WSDL file with WebService

I'd like to implement a WebService, but I want it to use a given WSDL file. When I use wsdl.exe, I get a WebService which uses a slightly different WSDL: In the schema part the minOccure attrbutes are not correct (all set to "0").

a. Is there a way to force the WebService to generate certain minOccure/maxOccure in its WSDL?
b. How can I tell my WebService to use a given WSDL file instead of generating one?
I've tried to use WebServiceBinding[Location=".."] on my WebService class, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
Can anyone help me out?
0
Lior

You can certainly use it. Just point your clients against your static WSDL published somewhere :)

However, I believe what you're really asking is how to either disable .asmx?wsdl completely, or have it point towards your custom WSDL, right?
I don't believe seeing something that would provide it, though...
Tomas Restrepo [MVP]
tomasr@mvps.org
0
tomasr

Xml file mapper using Web Service
Hi all, I am tasked with creating a web service that maps a number of files to a relational database.  I have a good idea of how I might do this but need to make sure that a list of files get mapped to the database or else they are all rolled back.  Here is the scenario of what should happen. 1. Call an initializing method with the list of files to process as a parameter 2. This method would return a unique identifier to the caller 3. Everytime the caller calls a mapping function also pass the identifier as a parameter 4. If a mapping function fails call a rollback function wit...

How to send an XML file to a Web Service (that records the XML file to HD)
I did this because I wanted to send an XML file to another computer, whether it be next to the one I’m using  or in another country. You will need to adapt my example in order for it to work as you want it. All I demonstrate here is that it is possible to send an XML file to another computer using XML Web Services. Let me know if it works for you. The code assumes you can use Visual Studio. Make the Web Service 1. Make a new project, choosing to make a Web Service. 2. In the code behind-page, place the code below. 3. Build the Web Service. Code: <WebMethod()>...

change a web reference to a web service in the config file of an object used by a windows service
In my solution (visual studios 2005), I have a windows service and a business object.  The business object has a web reference to a web service.  I maid the web reference dynamic and it created an applicationSettings section in the appconfig:<configuration>           <applicationSettings>        <Objects.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="Objects_LookupService_auth"        &nbs...

Re: Using XML Web Service in VS.NET
Dear all, I added a "test.asmx" file in my current project and I coded all Web Method in the test.asmx.cs in VS.NET. Now I want to ask how can I call the web methods in other C# Class? Suppose the class name of the asmx is "test". How can I instantiate the object of that class? Regards, Joe someone can correct me on this.... i hav done a walkthrough using XML webservice. I have created a windows application that can call methods from the webservice, with the use of a dataset in the webservice. after "adding a web reference" to my windows appli...

web service call failed: 500 using ajax hovermenu and web service with ascx file
I am using a hovermenu extender on an image button. The hovemenu extender calls a web service and returns back information that I write to the panel that displays. A portion of the code is below. This works when the Page is an aspx page but when I move it to an ascx page I get web service call failed. I do have the ascx page in a folder called controls/pages off of the root but both the default.aspx page and the bedinfo.asmx page are on the root. I don't think I have a path problem. I can include more complete code, there are actually 50 images with 50 hovermenu extenders and one p...

Exposing xml file to client using a web service method
I need to write a web service which will have a method to authenticate user,if user is authenticated then i will pull data from my database server using dataset.Now the task is to make the data into an xml file and if the user is authenticated i need to show the file to client.So that,the client will parse the file without saving that. i can create an xml file using daset.writexml(>>>>) But i am facing problem how can i return the file to client. <webmethod _> public function xxx() as ????????   dataset.writexml("123.xml") return ??????? end funct...

Problem in convert xml file (created using webservice) to datagridview(vb.net)
 i had created webservice with two functions 1 is hello which displays the text "Welcome" and 2 is GetNavisionItems which displays the database table in xml format. and publish that web site.Now i created another windows application project in vb.net by click a button i am invoking the webservice which i published.i can able to print the text "Welcome"but, i could not able to store the database table in xml format to DataGridView.now what i have to do pls suggest.below is my vb.net coding:Imports TestSample24_01_08.TestWSImports System.DataPublic Class Form1 &...

is it possible to exporting XML file from a website to windows application through .Net Remoting or web services
Hello everyone ..i have a website through which i want interact with a desktop appplication to send a XML file.With .Net Remoting i think it's possible but abt webservices i m nt sure is it possible with .Net Remoting or Web Services???plz clear me abt it.    Possible with web services. Expose a web method and add a reference to the webservice to your windows application and call the web methodJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  Hello Jeev..sorry for replying late.But I think my scenari...

can we deploy RDL files into report server without using web services through .Net
how can we deploy the reports into report server with out using web services from .Net. Is it possible. Hi vidyaIt is possible, after the initial deployment and folders were created. You could do the following:Browse to your reportserver. Normally [server]/reportsBrowse to the report and click on it. Select the report's 'Properities' Tab. Under the heading 'Report Definition' are 2 options 'Edit' and 'Update'. Use the 'Update' to upload the new rdl file. This will deploy a new version.Hope this helps,l0n3i200n Hi folks,             ...

Hosting ATL Web Services or wsdl file generated using SOAP Toolkit 2.0 in cassini
Hi, I generated a wsdl file using SOAP Toolkit 2.0 can host this file in cassini web server and access my COM component remotely.Also please let me know if we can host atl WEB SERVICES in CassiniThanks,Thought...

Web Service Logging To File Problem (file in use)
I have a web service that does a bunch of processing and when complete I would like it to write to a text file log in IsolatedStorage.  I'm using the FileStream and StreamWriter and am getting the following error periodically: The process cannot access the file "C\inetpub\wwwroot\serv\IsolatedStorage\RequestLog.txt" because it is being used by another process. The code looks like this:         Dim fStreamWriter As StreamWriter         Dim fsFile As FileStream         f...

web services used to convert Word files to PDF files
My professor asked me to design a web services which convert Microsoft's word files to PDF files. by use VS.NET and Windows Server 2003. After I installe Adode Acrobat 6.0 Professional, I can find some Acrobat components, Acrobat Distiller, Acrobat Web Capture 1.0 Type Library, etc. Please tell me which one can be used for my project and how to use it. Or please tell me popular free components of third parts. Thanks!...

no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
Hi Group! While trying to deploy a project generated using 'Web Service Proxy Wizard', I'm getting following error "no service in WSDL file". Web service was created using Visual Studio .Net 2003, and I am able to run it as it is or ASP.Net client without any problem. Another Question How can I consume 2 functions en the web services 1. Send me a DataSet as a Result 2. Give me a String (XML) as a Result I hope you can Help me. Send me a Email ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You ca...

Web resources about - Using WSDL file with WebService - asp.net.xml-web-services

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 1:15:32 PM