The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.

Hi all,

  Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

We have a Web Server where we connect to retrieve images. On some websites we established connection and it works fine, but on others it doesn’t. When I try to connect to one project I get this massage.

“Web Services found at this URL:”  “The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.”

“There was an error downloading 'http://boracdevvmmtc/FOCISWebService/CheckImaging.asmx'.

The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.”

What is wrong with this message?

Thanks,

Isaac.

0
imihaeli

The 503 status is coming from IIS, which for some reason has decided to be unavailable. You need to look in the Windows Event logs or otherwise ask IIS why it thinks it should be unavailable. Possibly, there are too many connections open or something like that.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3

Help required [The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.]
Hi,I am accessing a web service, through internet, which is hosted on a distant server machine. It works fine while debugging the code (step by step) but crashes with "HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable" error when run with CTRL + F5. Any ideas as to how to resolve/diagnose the problem? Thanks & Regards,Omer Javed ...

system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Error in Calling Web Service Function
Hello Friends, I am using a web service to get availability information. i have only following url http://webservices.micros.com/ows/5.1/Availability.wsdl I added Web References to the VS 2008 project , then i tried C# proxy class created from wsdl tool But when i am calling any function from code it gives following error system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Please check the following page http://go-dev.com/clients/newyorkerhotelTest/reservations.aspx And click the Check Availability Button. Please tell me what...

Web app calling Web service error The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I have a web site calling a web service which are both located on the same server.  Integrated windows authentication is being used on both the app and service.    When I start the web app from VS's IDE (code on server), it runs fine displaying "Hello world" and populating the dropdownlist. However, if I browse to the URL in IE, I get the following errorSystem.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: UnauthorizedI output the credentials used in the web app, and they are correct.Why would it run fine through the IDE but not browsing to the u...

"The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request." when attempting to use a web service
Hi, I'm having a tough time deploying this web service I wrote.  Before I moved it over to the development server I tested the web service locally on my computer using a web portal to talk to the service...  However, now that I've copied it up to the Web Server, it keeps giving me these 400 errors and I can't figure out why.  Any ideas?    Kyle Which web server are you using, 6.0, 7.0....Do you have ASP.NET installed and correctly mapped. Do you have the security set up to allow Web Services. Have you checked your IIS log for any status sub codes.Chr...

web service The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Im getting this error with a web serice ive created.  Im running on my local machine and using windows authentication.  Ive added some code to provide credentials but it still wont work.QAS.AddressVerificationService avs = new QAS.AddressVerificationService();avs.PreAuthenticate = true;avs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;can anyone shed some light on this ?tiaMark You need to set access rights for the webservice called. see here:http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47233http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.p...

web service error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
I am doing the web service walk-through from here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/87h5xz7x(en-us,vs.80).aspx I get the error 'The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized'.  My app is using windows authentication, I made sure the web service folder has permissions for everyone to execute and that didn't work.  IIS has annonymous access checked. I'm not sure what else to do. Help? Another thing... I'm using the integrated web server that comes with Visual Studio... does using it change things? Hello. I've faced that error when I tried to use async pages (at...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
Hello All, I am getting the mentioned error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized, when i tried to call ReportingService2005 reference in my IIS web project. Below is my code: string strReport; string strRptUrl; string strFormat; string strFormatCode; ReportingService2005 rs = new ReportingService2005(); // Pass Windows Authentication credentials to Web Service rs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; // Call ListChildren method to get array of reports CatalogItem[] itmReports = rs.ListChildren(strFolder, false); foreach (CatalogItem itm in itmReports)...

Preferred Domain Controller fails with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.
Hi I am currently setting up a lab with HMC 3.5 and I am having problem when using Provisioning front end to connect to ResourceManagerWebClient. I can connect to that website, first I am asked for user and pass, I connect as domain admin. Then when I enter the "Preferred Domain Controller": AD01.labdomain.sna The error that I get there is: Error in QueryResources:ShowBusinessMailstores: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable. I did a nslookup of AD01.labdomain.sna and I get the right IP address C:\>nslookup AD01.labdomain.sna*** Can't find server name for a...

Acess to a web service throws: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
I have a stable web service that I have accessed a bunch no problem.  I use a NetworkCredetial object with proper credentials to access the web service.  There is no problem with the credentials.  I have no idea why this response (The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.) is coming back. On the test server where the web servcie is set up without SSL the connections work just fine. On the production server, the web service has an attached SSL certificate.  I can consume the web service reference from the production server on my local machine and run it...

HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable
We try to reach a web service on a remote web server, but sometimes it returns a 503 exception. Most of the time it just works fine... the exact error message is as follows: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable When I try to get the ?WSDL of the Web Service, everything behaves correctly. But now and then, the Web Service cannot be called correctly from an ASP.NET web site. Does anyone know what causes this strange problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Hugo The 503 status means that the server is unable to proce...

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Web resources about - The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable. - asp.net.xml-web-services

Miss Colombia had an incredibly graceful response after being mistakenly crowned Miss Universe
If a pageant queen is measured for her grace under pressure, then Miss Colombia is still a winner. On Sunday night, Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez ...

Thanks To ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’, 2015 Domestic Box Office Headed To All-Time $11 Billion Record ...
At the onset of 2015, a number of film distribution chiefs were certain we’d hit the all-time $11 billion mark at the domestic box office. Their ...

FDA loosens ban on blood donations from gay men
Enlarge (credit: ec-jpr ) Men who have sex with men are now allowed to donate blood, according to a revised policy posted today by the Food ...

Apple execs talk design, encryption and taxes in wide-ranging 60 Minutes interview
Apple is a notoriously secret company, with journalists clamoring to cover whatever leaks out of the company. But last night, Tim Cook, Jony ...

Lindsey Graham Tries To Stop Trump The Only Way He Can — By Quitting
It might seem inconsequential that Lindsey Graham suspended his presidential campaign earlier today , but make no mistake, the decision had a ...

Dozens Missing as a Landslide Topples Buildings in South China
ABC News Dozens Missing as a Landslide Topples Buildings in South China ABC News Rescuers search for survivors on a collapsed building following ...

Martin Shkreli Just Got Fired From His Other Job as CEO
Asshat Martin Shkreli, the pharmaceutical entrepreneur who was arrested last week on charges of security fraud, has been removed from his post ...

Spain election: Podemos leader Pablo Inglesias claims country has entered 'new political era'
Anti-austerity party Podemos made big gains at the weekend's election.

All six NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan were American: US official
Washington (AFP) - All six NATO soldiers killed by a Taliban suicide bomber near Kabul on Monday were Americans, a US official said.

Ericsson suckles on Apple's massive teat thanks to multi-billion dollar patent deal
Some companies innovate, while some imitate. Other businesses make money from patent deals. There is nothing wrong with protecting patents, but ...