System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden

 Hi,
    In My Asp.NET Application i am using a web service (MainWebservice) which further call another webservice(ChildWebService) for first two call its works fine but after third call i am geting this exception from ChildWebService

[5556]ERROR PortalServices.ServiceImplementation.CampaignManagement [(null)] - The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.

   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

   at PortalServices.ServiceImplementation.VOX2MP3Service.Service.ConvertVOX2MP3(String SourceFilePath, String TargetFilePath, Int32 SampleRate) in E:\Work\Webservices\PortalServices\Source\Service Interface\PortalServices.ServiceImplementation\Web References\VOX2MP3Service\Reference.cs:line 78

 Any suggestion
0
imran_oka

Hi imran_oka,

I am afraid you have no permission to access the web service. Please check whether it need certificate or domain authentication.

For how to apply it, you can search in the forum:

http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=credential&o=Relevance

You can also check http 403 error explanation:

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html

Best regards,
Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Guang
7/1/2008 8:12:31 AM
I have resolved this problem.
Problem is that my web service is deployed on XP machine which hanged after two consecutive calls but for deploying web service on Window 2003 server it is working Fine
0
imran_oka

system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Error in Calling Web Service Function
Hello Friends, I am using a web service to get availability information. i have only following url http://webservices.micros.com/ows/5.1/Availability.wsdl I added Web References to the VS 2008 project , then i tried C# proxy class created from wsdl tool But when i am calling any function from code it gives following error system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Please check the following page http://go-dev.com/clients/newyorkerhotelTest/reservations.aspx And click the Check Availability Button. Please tell me what...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hello, I hope you can help me. All Ive been trying to do for the last month is set up a test Web Service but Ive seemed to have run into problems every step of the way; from hardware set ups to authentication setting etc. Okay, I have a Web Service (TestWebService in IIS) that makes a connection to SQL Database. I also have an ASP.Net consumer page (TestWebServiceConsumer in IIS) that displays the content of the database in a GridView on a Button event. Both work fine by themselves, both are set to use ASP.net 2, Annoymonous: IUSR & Intergreated Windows Authentication. Both ar...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized [:'(]
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden
 Hey world,  I have configured my web site to use SSL with a server certificate and also to require client certificates When I hit the page I'm able to see the login page, but when after I authenticate my application calls a web service located on the same computer, and this is where I get the exception Access Forbidden. This is the code:  2 string certPath = @"C:\Documents and Settings\ureyes\Desktop\test.cer"; 3 //This line essentially makes my application accept any server certificate. 4 System.Net.ServicePointManager.CertificatePolicy ...

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.

HTTP XML POST .NET

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Web app calling Web service error The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I have a web site calling a web service which are both located on the same server.  Integrated windows authentication is being used on both the app and service.    When I start the web app from VS's IDE (code on server), it runs fine displaying "Hello world" and populating the dropdownlist. However, if I browse to the URL in IE, I get the following errorSystem.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: UnauthorizedI output the credentials used in the web app, and they are correct.Why would it run fine through the IDE but not browsing to the u...

"The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request." when attempting to use a web service
Hi, I'm having a tough time deploying this web service I wrote.  Before I moved it over to the development server I tested the web service locally on my computer using a web portal to talk to the service...  However, now that I've copied it up to the Web Server, it keeps giving me these 400 errors and I can't figure out why.  Any ideas?    Kyle Which web server are you using, 6.0, 7.0....Do you have ASP.NET installed and correctly mapped. Do you have the security set up to allow Web Services. Have you checked your IIS log for any status sub codes.Chr...

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
Hello.I moved some web services from a remote machine to my local machine recently, and now when I try to invoke these services, I receive the following error:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(S...

he request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden..
Hi, I am trying to access exchange server using a web service.but im getting the error The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.. ExchangeServiceBinding esb = new ExchangeServiceBinding(); esb.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("myname@domain.co.in", "mypwd", "http://name-exch.domain.co.in"); esb.PreAuthenticate = true; esb.Url = @"https://name-exch.domain.co.in/EWS/exchange.asmx"; But its showing error.Can anyone help me?  I haven't had this one for a while, but it's an II...

System.Net.WebException- The request failed with the error message

Web resources about - System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden - asp.net.xml-web-services