SQLDataAdapter writes different XML than the XML Web Service returns

I have an XML Web Service written in VB.Net 2.0

 I use a SQL data adapter to return read only data from a database. If I use the writexml method of the data adapter it writes an xml file to disk which seems to be formatted perfectly. When I return the XML data from the service with (dataadapter.writexml(dataset)) it appends the anytype element, which is giving me trouble transforming with XSL. Is there a way to return the XML looking the same as what gets written to a file? Or am I not understanding what the anytype node is for or how to deal with it? Thank you for any help

Written to file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<NewDataSet>
  <Table>
    <TotalReviews>0</TotalReviews>...

Returned from Service:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
  <anyType xmlns:q1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" d1p1:type="q1:string" xmlns:d1p1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns=" 0

JKIDN

See related articles to this posting

creating XML or XML Web Services?
Hi, I know XML is basically creating a file that allowed multiple applications to get data from the XML file ... and I am wondering .. why there is XML Web Services? What are the differences between these two? I am trying to create a Session that will keep update the value whenever it navigate to any page ... and get the Session value in multiple applications. In my guess, stores Session[] in XML file should work for what I am trying to do ... but what exactly is this XML Web Services? In what kind of situation we use XML or vice versa? All developers, even novices and hobbyists, must be a...

XML vs XML Web Services
I'm getting up to speed with XML and have the following questions: 1) Knowing XML means knowing how to design and create XML Web Services? 2) I found the amount of details on XML/XML Web services overwhelming, harder to digest than HTML or a new language. What's the best approach to learn and use it? Thanks.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" 1. No. They are different things 2. I'd start with a basic XML foundation (basic XML, XPath, and XSD), then review the basic WS things: soap, WSDL, and then from there on move to the WS-specs.Tomas Restrepo ...

xml stream from client to xml web service
I'm trying to send a serialized object based of an xsd to an xml web service by an xml stream. I've serialized it into a MemoryStream and trying to sent it to the service that I've made. The service should except this xml stream and create a serialized class of his own.   Giving the fact that I need to pass the Object as an xml stream, is it a good choisse to take a MemoryStream class for me? Trying to pass the MemoryStream instance made at the client side I get a compilation error as the instance made at the client side is recognized as a System.Io.MemoryStream while the argum...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Passing an XML string as part of an XML Web Service
Hi there I am not too sure how to explain this but here goes..... I have a Web Service and I need to pass an XML page in the form of a string to a web service. My web service takes in 5 fields and one of those 5 fields is a string which is an xml page in the form of a string. I need to pass that string onto a COM object.Is it possible to pass XML in the form of a string to a web service or will that cause the web service to error?The web service is normally called from a PL/SQL stored procedure. If thats of any use.  Hi You can pass that XML string to the web method as a parameter.See...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

XML Web service , Web form
hi i hope if u could help me in what i am making so i have a web form that does the collection of the information from the user when he hits the button this data must be sent to the xml web service but this service must deliver this data in xml then i read the information and insert it to the sql serevr Database could you help me becouse iam soo confused about where to start and what is the stuff to search in it iam new in the xml stuff help me pleaseeeeee“To be incredible you must produce great work”Visit My Bloghttp://www.dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/hussein My first question is why are yo...

web service not returning xml
I have created an SQL 2005 stored procedure to return an element from a table for a given key. The element contains an xml document. When I test the procedure via TSql it returns the element ok. I have created a web service to run the procedure. When I run the code in my application I do not get the xml element back. The DataSet returned does contain a Table and it Contains a Row but there is nothing in the row. I have copied the supporting bits at the end of this post. Anyone any ideas? Regards, Major (that is my Christian name ;-) Procedure file here:::: set ANSI_NU...

Web Service Not Returning XML!!??
My first attempt at consuming a "real" web service (not in a textbook) yields the following code (this forum input box is adding new lines between each line of the original text copied and pasted into here): using System; using System.Data; using System.IO; using System.Configuration; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.XPath;public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page {private string thisz...

How do I return a xml from a web service?
Hi, I would like to return a xml file from my web service, which is built from a database. There is the getXml in the DataSet class that I can get the string in XML and after read it with the streamReader, but after that I don't know how to implement with the XML class or XMLDocument, which I don't know the difference between those either. Does anyone can give me a hand?  Thank you very much.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe.  Why not just include a method that returns the required dataset?Don't forget to click &qu...

How to send an XML file to a Web Service (that records the XML file to HD)
I did this because I wanted to send an XML file to another computer, whether it be next to the one I’m using  or in another country. You will need to adapt my example in order for it to work as you want it. All I demonstrate here is that it is possible to send an XML file to another computer using XML Web Services. Let me know if it works for you. The code assumes you can use Visual Studio. Make the Web Service 1. Make a new project, choosing to make a Web Service. 2. In the code behind-page, place the code below. 3. Build the Web Service. Code: <WebMethod()>...

Web Service not returning XML because of the port.
I have a web service published in the URL: http://201.198.133.66:8000/Service/Service.asmx If we invoke the test() method the URL will direct to http://201.198.133.66/Service/Service.asmx/test missing the port "8000", so that its not working; if we put http://201.198.133.66:8000/Service/Service.asmx/test then it will return the XML. Is there anyway to tell the webservice to always return the URL with the port 8000? Million Thanks! Kennis Hi Kennis, I tested using port 8000 and it works fine on my pc http://localhost:8000/WS_1/Test.asmx If I invoke Add method it w...

Web resources about - SQLDataAdapter writes different XML than the XML Web Service returns - asp.net.xml-web-services

moredotnet
M ore d otnet .NET Interview Questions, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, XML, SQL Check Out http://www.dotnetUncle.com √ .NET NOTES OOPS in .NET .NET ...

Auto-Generating Wrapper Classes for Stored Procedures, Part 1: Using the AutoSproc Tool
Steve J. Rodgers Software Consultant March 2004 Applies to: Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET Microsoft® Visual ...

CodeSOD: tblIsThere
... [dbo].[tblIsThere] ([isthere] [bit] NOT NULL)" Dim theCMD As New SqlClient.SqlCommand(SQL, clsConnect.connect) Dim itDA As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter(_ ...

Abdul Rahuman's blog: JSON
In my previous article i have covered an example of using JQGrid using MVC and Jason( You can find my previous article here . Based on the response ...

Abdul Rahuman's blog
In my previous article i have covered an example of using JQGrid using MVC and Jason( You can find my previous article here . Based on the response ...

Master Detail JQGrid using MVC and JSON