sql server windows authentication - web services windows authentication

Dear all

I have one webservices called ws1 that have a connection to sql server using integrated windows authentication and it work fine (in IIS, I uncheck anonymous user, and using windows auth (basic auth))
and then I create a aspx web application than have web reference (ws1)
but my web page is error if call the web services :
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'EIFFEL\Guest'. at
eiffel is my database server

can anybody help me please ???

thanks
0
shadow777

It might be that your web application didn't pass the credential information to the Web Service. Check the knowledge base 813834 on support.microsoft.com.

BTW what authentication mode do you use? Your post mentioned Integrated Windows authentication, although basic authentication is also mentioned.
0
saileaf
10/16/2003 12:18:53 AM
yes, i use basic authentication, now it work, but i must add this line to my web config of my website:

<identity impersonate="true" userName="user" password="pass"/>
my question is, is that mean that i always login using the same username ????

database --- web serverice --- web site

thanks

beny
0
shadow777

windows authentication or SQL server authentication ?
 This question is specifically for hosting over internetSome guys told me to use sql authentication. But on microsoft site, i found these points favoring windows authentication You should only use SQL authentication to connect to SQL Server if you cannot use Windows authentication. Windows authentication is recommended for the following reasons: You avoid storing user names and passwords in database connection strings.Credentials are not passed over the network to the database server.You can enforce Active Directory password policies.Active Directory provides a single identity ...

Use Custom Service Account for connecting to SQL Server using windows authentication
My web server has IIS 6.0 and is not in my company's domain. I created a virtual drectory for the ASP. NET 2005 application. I am trying to connect to SQL server which is in domain with Windows Authentication. I created a local account on WEB SERVER ex. CustomASP, I assigned it with ASP.NET permissions. Created a new application pool with configurable user the local account and assigned the ASP .NET application to the pool. Now I need to create on SQL Server a login & grant access to the custom service account created (handles the application pool). How am i goin...

Converting Windows Authentication to Form Authentication in SQL Server... How...?
Hello,I am facing a problem with my newly downloaded SQL Server Express Mangement Studio.I can easily create and Manage my database with Windows  Trusted method...BUT... I cannot use " FORMS " method. In short, I cannot use " Sa " method as i am using for my sql2000.If i use Windows Trusted method, i can see and manage Database, but when i try to use the Form Authentication it does not work.Any Ideas, how to make this work, as my all projects are with username and password.Help me out please.ThanksPaggy4u-----------------------------------------Working with Dynamic Languages It is eas...

DNN, Indexing Service, Windows Authentication and Windows 2003
Hello Everyone! I have built a module in DNN 1.0.9 that allows a user to search for documents via the Indexing Service in Windows 2003. I also have Tam's Windows Authentication module running (and working perfectly) to automatically authenticate users. The Search module I built works great on our Windows 2000 box, but not on our 2003 box. There is a MS article out there this is very similar to what I'm experiencing: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q323293. Unfortunately this is specific to Windows 2000 and not 2003. I have followed the instructions on this site...

Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication
HiI want to use forms authentication to login to my internet application, but I want to connect to sql server 2000 using windows authentication ( via impersonation of a single windows domain account ) ( Windows 2000 server )Both web server and sql server are running on different machinesCan you tell me the configurations I need to do to allow thisThanks timoth by default the ASP.Net will try to connect with your SQl Server using ASP.Net Services Account. If you are not using a Domain Account for ASp.Net service then you can use Mirrored account i.e. create a local account with same name an...

Using forms authentication
HiI am writing an internet application that requires forms authentication to login remote usersI also want to connect to sql server using windows authenticationThe question is can Ido this?I thought if I allow IIS anonymous access, create an actual windows account to use for the anonymous access then in web.config, set impersonate = true and authentication mode = formsWill this work Many thanks Windows authentication is not delegatable unless you set up your configuration to use Kerberos.Setting up the anonymous account as a domain account with access to the database and impersonating this...

SQL 9.02 create a windows service on windows server 2008
Hi guys, I do experience a problem with seting up or creating a service to start a SQL Anywhere database. It looks to me that the service is kind of stuck and hanging in somehow.Is there any well known solution for this problem ? best wishes Gerard Gerard, which build are you using? I've had some trouble when creating a 9.0.2 server for 2008R2, but the latest EBF solved that. Another thougt: while creating the service, did you check "Alllow the service to interact with the desktop"? That won't work with 2008 and has to stay unchecked. HTH Reimer ...

Windows Service to monitor other services (POP3, SMTP, MS SQL Server,etc.)
I would like to write a windows service in VB.NET (preferred) or C# that will periodically (every 3 minutes or so) monitor some services running on my server such as POP3, SMTP, MS SQL Server, Apache, etc. and restart them if they were stopped. I want to send an e-mail from the windows service to me when these services were found to be stopped.I will appreciate any code written for this purpose.ThanksElcin I solved the problem. ServerController class is needed to control the behaviour of windows services.Elcin...

Switching SQL 2005 Authentication mode from Windows to SQL Authentication
Hi there,I have installed MS SQL Server 2005 on my machine with windows authentication. But now I want to switch the authentication mode to SQL Authentication. I am unable to switch, I can’t find the proper way to do so here in 2005.Could any one help me in doing this?Thank you,-AhsanAhsan KhurshidTribal DDBChicago IL Yeah, I get the problem.This URL will help:http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID002804 Thank you guys. Ahsan KhurshidTribal DDBChicago IL...

To register a non-Windows service application as Windows service
I got an application which was created as a normal windows application, is it possible to register this application as Windows Service? "Pak Tse" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:18151@forums.codegear.com... > I got an application which was created as a normal windows application, > is it possible to register this application as Windows Service? Not directly no. The API requirements are very different. With that said, it is possible to use a third-party app calls SVRANY.EXE to run non-service applications as services (provided they ...

Windows authentication is passing client through to Database Server instead of using the service account
I am using Windows authentication on my web application, and the application server is passing the client credentials through to the database server instead of using the Service account. Does anyone know how to stop this and setup so instead the Service account is used to talk to the database instead? hi chk if this is usefull http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998358.aspx thanks Hi pizzamaker74, Could you clarify the question? Please show us some details. Thanks.David QianMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and ...

Windows authentication but not for Windows??
Hi everyone, Is it possible to replicate Windows like authentication in a way that supports other OS's as well as Windows? My customer believes this is possible.Granville Barnetthttp://weblogs.asp.net/gbarnettFeel free to ask me any .NET question As far as I know, IE and Firefox supports Windows authentication. I am almost sure that other browsers (Opera, Safari etc) do not support it.Regards,Dejan VesićMCAD for .Net technologies | http://www.vesic.org/english/ | Blog: http://www.vesic.org/english/blog/...

sql spy service, windows pref service
Hi All, I am trying to use the sql spy service, inserting this code in my app manager (pfc_open): of_SetDebug( TRUE ) inv_debug.of_SetSQLSpy( TRUE ) inv_debug.inv_SQLSpy.of_SetLogFile( "C:\SQLSPY.LOG" ) 1) I get some commands logged, not the inline ones, is it ok ? 2) When the program closes, I get a window saying: The PFC Window Preferences service has been requested but The Required registry attribute has not been set. Use of_SetRegistryUserKey on The Application Manager to Set The attribute. Note that I am NOT using window preference service. Thanks to anyo...

.Net windows service in windows cluster environment
Hi,We have many servers setup as a cluster. When one server crashes, anotherone take the relay... We want to know if it's possible (I suppose it is) tomake a Windows service developed with .NET 2.0 ( C #) work in a clusterenvironment. I mean, how to make sure the service will take the relay if oneserver fails. Is there something special to do or it will work by itself?(I'm not personally used to clusters) Since your question is related to a Windows service and not ASP.NET, I recommend you post on the MSDN Forums.Ryan Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanols...

Windows Service not working on Windows Server 2003
Hi, I am sorry if I have posted this query to wrong group. But, i dont know where to post my query. Actually, i have created a Windows Service using C# and deployed in client's server which is Windows Server 2003. The same service works properly in Windows XP. The details of its are as below. 1) I am using Visual Studio 2005. Now the timer control have event Tick and i have also created its handler and fired an event as void HiveSrvsTimer_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e){ Console.WriteLine("Hi Hardik, You are executing Windows Service"); }2) protected override void O...

Web resources about - sql server windows authentication - web services windows authentication - asp.net.xml-web-services

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Online account security: lazy authentication is still the norm
Even in the high-tech world of 2016, crims will be able to side-step your account security by making a phone call and saying they're you.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app