SOAP webservice

hi all,

          I have .wsdl file sent by my client, i wanna use his webservice in my console based application. He is saying i have to send soap request means not to go to "add web reference" but from directly code i can do that. He sent me a command that runs on command line something like wsdl param1 param2, which i ran and there was a .cs file with the same name. Please help me out how to do the things?

thanks  alot

0
vickycruise

WSDL.exe is a tool provided with .NET framework installation. This tool generates code for XML Web services and XML Web service clients from WSDL contract files, XSD schemas, and .discomap discovery documents. When you executed that command you got a .cs file. That is actually a proxy class that you can add to your application's App_Code folder. You can then reference that class all over your project.

If you don't want to add the .cs file to your App_Code folder, you can also create a dll file by running the following command. This will create a dll of your .cs file, you can then add this dll as a reference to your project.

csc /target:library File.cs

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
12/4/2008 4:44:29 PM
Thank you very much it helped me out but now the problem is if my client will do any changes in that wsdl file then will i have to get the changed .wsdl file and then again do the same process? if yes then is there any solution available for that?
0
vickycruise
12/6/2008 2:27:15 PM

I believe in that case you can go with adding a web reference.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9w023sx(VS.80).aspx

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
12/8/2008 1:14:30 PM

Thank you again for your reply!!

Two more thing i would like to know are as under.

how this .wsdl file works? i mean the cycle of request/response, how it is different then "Add web refernce"? and second is

 i have to use .wsdl file only, i have 4 different of them. Out of them 3 are working fine and one is giving me response back as "Server Error"

   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at functionname(arg1 arg2) in c:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\WebSite1\App_Code\MIService.cs:line 75
   at _Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\WebSite1\Default.aspx.cs:line 63

0
vickycruise
12/9/2008 11:15:32 AM

"Server error" means what it says - an error on the server, not an error in your code.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
12/11/2008 1:36:01 AM

 Thnks i talked to client and they are working on that...

 but still it will be great if u can make me understood that

how this .wsdl file works? i mean the cycle of request/response, how it is different then "Add web refernce"

0
vickycruise
12/12/2008 11:44:35 AM

There is no real difference. "Add Web Reference" retrieves a WSDL file and then generates proxy code based on the WSDL. WSDL.EXE is passed a WSDL file and then generates proxy code based on the WSDL. It's the same thing, and largely the same code.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
12/12/2008 1:12:18 PM

johnwsaunders3:

There is no real difference. "Add Web Reference" retrieves a WSDL file and then generates proxy code based on the WSDL. WSDL.EXE is passed a WSDL file and then generates proxy code based on the WSDL. It's the same thing, and largely the same code.

If there is no real difference it means that the service i am using with wsdl.exe and proxy class i can use it directly by "Add Web Reference"  right?

but its not happening with me when i dp "Add Web Reference" it returns error and when i use proxy class its working fine...how come?

0
vickycruise

XML Web Service Message from .NET to NonStop SOAP Server
Here's the XML parsing error the NonStop (Tandem) SOAP Server is generating as a result of a Web Service request from my .NET web client.  The web service in question works fine when the XML request comes from the "test" html client.  My question is, is this a lack of carriage returns a problem?  (see trace information below) >> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Unmarshal Error: Invalid input document: Unexpected extra node(s) at the end of the document>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< SoapDocumentHandler::process:Fault occurre...

web service SOAP Headers
If this isn't the right forum, let me know what is.Is there a difference between SOAP serialization and  and XML serialization.I have been reading heavily and am now quite confused.I understand that SOAP serialization produces XML, but perhaps without a specific schema or a scheme very different from XML. In the context of web services, the XML Serializer is used to produce XML in SOAP format. What you may be getting confused about is that there is also a "runtime serialization" subsystem. This can serialize data either using a Binary Formatter, or a SOAP Formatter. It...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

SOAP Web Service Problem (problema con un web service)
Please help, I can't read a webservice method (webmethod) from asmx web service, with Delphi firemonkey, In my first try I put a WDSL Importer, and I can retrive data from simplex type (string, booleans, integers) but when the method returns a DataSet, i loose my way. Por favor, ayuda, no puedo leer datos de un web service si el metodo que regresa es un DataSet, el web service esta hecho en dot.net así que es un asmx, utilizando el WDSL importes, traje datos sencillos como enteros, boleanos y otros, pero en el caso de arreglos como un DataSet no lo he conseguido, estoy perdido, y l...

SOAP Extension, .NET and Java Web Service
Hi, All: I have created a .NET web service, it is going to call a Java Web Service. This Java Web Service requires my .NET service send SOAP a message, which is not standard SOAP message. So I need use SOAP extension to try to alter the SOAP message. I call like this retRepsonse = JavaWsProxy.Method(string1); With this call, my .NET web service is not going through SOAP Extension Process method. This is the question I wiuld like to ask, SOAP extension class applies to Web Service method, it means all calls to the method wiii go through the SOAP extension proces method. If this...

.NET vs Java XML Web Services
Does anyone know out of .NET and Java, which one performs better via XML web services? I think that it would really just depend on where you are wanting to deploy your web service. Since both have the overhead of a framwork behind them I would imagine that any performace gains would be small. If you are deploying in a Windows environment I would go with .NET, but mainly because I just like it better. If you want to deploy in Windows and Linux I would use Java. I am not sure how far Mono has come on the Linux platform and if you do not use C# mono would not help you anyway.It's not a bug, i...

Powerbuilder .net msil soap web services
Folks, I came across the following while reading from a "Web Services" link. "A significant difference--and many would say a benefit to the .Net way--is that Microsoft's platform does not require a particular language for developers. <While> Java is both a platform and a <single> language, .Net developers can choose from some 23 supported languages, all of which can interoperate on the same platform. Not all the languages are created by Microsoft, but the company is working with third-party vendors to bring .Net capabilities to languages as diverse as CO...

XML Web Services Encoding but No Soap Message
Hi, I have double byte characters in the content that I am returning using Web Services.  However, the encoding in the xml file returned by Web Services is utf-8 and I am unable to read the content, not even by changing browser encoding setting to the appropriate one.I implemented SoapExtension to modify the xml encoding before it returns to the client, which works when a WinForm calls it, but it doesn't work when a webpage calls it, and here is why: http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/45/228371.aspx"If you're testing this by hitting the "Invoke" button on the .asmx page, i...

How to Send raw SOAP/XML to a web service?
I've got the raw SOAP Message in a file and I've got the URL for the webservice. How do I post that SOAP to the URL?thanks,lee After searching thru this site and a few others I put together all of the pieces into one placeThis works://the URL is on the applicationstring strURL = this.txtURL.Text;//go find the raw XMLthis.openFileDialog1.Filter = "XML files (*.xml) | *.xml";this.openFileDialog1.ShowDialog(); //load the XML XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();xmlDoc.Load(this.openFileDialog1.FileName.ToString());//Create the Web request HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)...

Consuming .net xml web service in PHP
I have developed .net xml web service. I want a develope php client to access this web service. I dont have much knowledge about PHP. The web service i wrote accepts two string parameters FirstName and LastName, and returns string like Welcome (FisrstName)__(LastName) to web service. The sample php client code i am trying is as below: <?php require_once('nusoap.php'); $parameters = array ("FirstName"=>"Russel", "LastName"=>"Arnold"); // Create a new Soap object $soapclient = new soapclient('http://testwebservice/Servi...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

Web resources about - SOAP webservice - asp.net.xml-web-services

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...