SOAP Client

How do I get a Web Service reply in XML format instead of text/string?

In this case, our CICS system (VSE) is the Web service and the client is ASP.Net.  CICS has a tool that generates the WSDL file that is used by my .NET application.   Everything is working, but the methods are returning the answer in string format.  Are there changes I can make to the .WSDL file to have the SOAP programs leave it in XML.  All the SOAP headers/processing is handled internally within CICS.   It sounds like SOAP programs convert it to XML for their processing anyway;  I just want it to leave it in XML for the reply that is sent back.

 Can anybody help me?

Thanks

jP
0
johnpavelka

Sending SOAP attachments from Axis client to .NET web service
Hi all, I have an Apache Axis client that sends an attachment using javax.activation.DataHadler class. The web service is to be built in VB .NET and it will do a conversion to PDF and back the attachment to the client. My question is fairly simple: How can a .NET web service handle the attachment being sent to it as a DataHandler object from a java client? Can this be done? if not then how can i send an attachment from java client(axis) to a .NET web service? base64 encoding is not an option. This is my client side code:  public boolean transform(final boolean doTheDIME, S...

XML Web Service Message from .NET to NonStop SOAP Server
Here's the XML parsing error the NonStop (Tandem) SOAP Server is generating as a result of a Web Service request from my .NET web client.  The web service in question works fine when the XML request comes from the "test" html client.  My question is, is this a lack of carriage returns a problem?  (see trace information below) >> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< Unmarshal Error: Invalid input document: Unexpected extra node(s) at the end of the document>> 2008/10/15 14:32:3::Y7H3:<< SoapDocumentHandler::process:Fault occurre...

xml stream from client to xml web service
I'm trying to send a serialized object based of an xsd to an xml web service by an xml stream. I've serialized it into a MemoryStream and trying to sent it to the service that I've made. The service should except this xml stream and create a serialized class of his own.   Giving the fact that I need to pass the Object as an xml stream, is it a good choisse to take a MemoryStream class for me? Trying to pass the MemoryStream instance made at the client side I get a compilation error as the instance made at the client side is recognized as a System.Io.MemoryStream while the argum...

(for Bruce) XML with complex types in SOAP envelope fails in PB web service client
Hi Bruce, I have a web service developed in WSAD which takes XML as input and outputs XML. Can this service be consumed by Powerbuilder, I tried and it fails. Soap Request get convered from RPC/literal style into RPC/Encoding automaticaly. Do you think PB can send and receive XML as a SOAP message ? If yes how ? It has complex types in it. Please help, Thanks, Dinesh Generally XML is exactly what you send in a SOAP message. That (rather than structures) is generally what I return from mine, and sometimes use as the arguments to. Are you sure it's XML (i.e. a formatted stri...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

web service SOAP Headers
If this isn't the right forum, let me know what is.Is there a difference between SOAP serialization and  and XML serialization.I have been reading heavily and am now quite confused.I understand that SOAP serialization produces XML, but perhaps without a specific schema or a scheme very different from XML. In the context of web services, the XML Serializer is used to produce XML in SOAP format. What you may be getting confused about is that there is also a "runtime serialization" subsystem. This can serialize data either using a Binary Formatter, or a SOAP Formatter. It...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

Web Service Client for Sharepoint Web Service Lists.asmx
Can retrieve lists on home page but not deeped. For example, http://myportal/default.aspx works with Web Reference http://myportal/_vti_bin/Lists.asmxHowever, I need a list from this page http://myportal/C6/Facility%20Rentals/default.aspxand the only Web Reference that i can get close is http://myportal/C6/_vti_bin/Lists.aspxand this one can not see the List I need. I have the correct List and View GUID hexnumbers. Please help!!!!! I have also tried the List Data Retrieval Service   DspSts.asmx and am not able to return any listsexcept for top level lists. Please help. Dim stsQu...

Client .NET Web Service Java
 Hi, I am reading some docs about Web Services and I have some questions,  1) If I have a Web service wrote in Java, Can I use it from a asp or a Windows form??2) If It's not possible, and the webservice only have to recive 2 parameters (for instance add(int a, int b)) can I write myself the SOAP message and pass it to the Java WebService?? I'm not sure about all of this, because to make a client for a webservice you only have to know what parameters are needed. Thanx for your help! Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click...

SOAP Web Service Problem (problema con un web service)
Please help, I can't read a webservice method (webmethod) from asmx web service, with Delphi firemonkey, In my first try I put a WDSL Importer, and I can retrive data from simplex type (string, booleans, integers) but when the method returns a DataSet, i loose my way. Por favor, ayuda, no puedo leer datos de un web service si el metodo que regresa es un DataSet, el web service esta hecho en dot.net así que es un asmx, utilizando el WDSL importes, traje datos sencillos como enteros, boleanos y otros, pero en el caso de arreglos como un DataSet no lo he conseguido, estoy perdido, y l...

Web resources about - SOAP Client - asp.net.xml-web-services

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

All Twitter Clients Will Change From Stars/Favorites to Hearts/Likes
Twitter’s developer blog: If you’re showing Tweets without using our Embedded Tweet rendering, you’ll need to update the icons and strings in ...

Popular Instagram client removed from App Store for harvesting usernames, passwords
Apple today has pulled a popular Instagram client from the App Store after it was found to be harvesting usernames and passwords. First noticed ...

In Search Of Client Portals: Office 365
Can Microsoft Office 365 be used as a practice management tool?

How to End Client-Agency Relationships on Good Terms
When a client makes the decision to part ways with an agency, many challenges arise. Meetings become awkward. Momentum wanes as the client looks ...

Instagram client InstaAgent exposed as malware, pulled from App Store
A much-downloaded third-party Instagram client has just been pulled from the App Store after it was found to have behaved maliciously. The app ...

Apple pulls popular Instagram client 'InstaAgent' from iOS App Store after malware discovery
A popular Instagram profile analyzer was on Tuesday pulled from the iOS App Store after being outed as malware by a German developer who found ...

HP AMD-powered t730 is first thin client with native 4K offers Windows or Linux
Business workstations and thin clients are often boring affairs; however, they do not have to be. There is no reason why such a computer cannot ...