Should I use 'using' for every web service call on my client app?

Is the following code of any benefit, when calling a web service OR can it actually add to the overhead:

using (localhost.Service sv =  new localhost.Service())

{

 //Call the web method

}

sun21170
0
sun21170

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

pb9 client don't call AMAZON web service,keyword do'not use!
I develop a web client to visit amazon web service v3,but it is error report ,I find typens__authorrequest.ws_type is defined error.I change it to typens__authorrequest.type,but complie error.ow! type is a keyword,how i to do? ...

Calling a web service by using a client certificate for authentication
Hi, I am trying to call a web service to send a 'Ping request' using x509 certificate installed in my local machine. I am adding security credentails like Username and Password  and also sending the x509 certificate to the soap request. This is done using WSE 2.0. I think I am doing it the right way as I dont see any problem in the code. But, I keep getting this response 'Authentication Failure'. I tried writing the contents of the soap request to a log file and looks like the soap header is not getting added to the soap message at all. Please see ...

Calling a web service by using a client certificate for authentication
Hi, I am trying to call a web service to send a 'Ping request' using x509 certificate installed in my local machine. I am adding security credentails like Username and Password  and also sending the x509 certificate to the soap request. This is done using WSE 2.0. I think I am doing it the right way as I dont see any problem in the code. But, I keep getting this response 'Authentication Failure'. I tried writing the contents of the soap request to a log file and looks like the soap header is not getting added to the soap message at all. Please see ...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

can't call web service using XML-script
Hi there I'm trying to get some of the old labs/tutorials you published on AJAX.ASP.NET to work in beta 2. One of them is a simple web service request using XML-script. I got the code that much correct so that I at least don't get a JavaScript error when loading the page. But I do get an error (on line 818 in PreviewScript.js) when pressing the button. Here's the code: 1 <%@ Page Language="C#" %> 2 <form id="Form1" runat="server"> 3 <asp:scriptmanager runat="server" id="scriptManager"> 4 <Scripts> 5 <asp:ScriptRef...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

What would I used if I didn't use a Web Service?
I have several maybe even dozens eventually of legacy systems that need to export XML so that a webconsumer can read them all and put them all in one document. I want to read from system A, B, & C...none of them are the same OS (and assume for a moment they can build a web service to export to the XML schema I am using), and they must all be retrieved into one web page.  I do not have access to all of the directly, but have people on the other side who can build a service.  What do you think?  Is this a good candidate to use Web Services?  I don't know what else I wo...

I need to disable the browsers back button because I'm using WFC AJAX web services calls and my entire app is 1 aspx page.
I'm building a shopping cart site that basically has a login page that directs you to a single catalog page that makes client web services calls.  To the end user, it appears as multiple pages, but I'm only hidding and displaying 5 divs catalog, cart, checkout and so on.  If the users hit's the browsers back button, it takes them to the login page, but they may only be trying to navigate back to the div they where currently viewing. I feel like this is going to become more of a problem with the new AJAX stuff coming out, has anyone else run into this or have ...

'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll
HI, I am trying to call a webservice that is running at another server and the webservice accesses data from the database on the same server. I have checked the database permissions and stuff, but I am getting this error.. I am not sure why the user name is displayed as 'null' ???? An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. You're accesing a S...

I would like to create Web site where Polish and English pages use the same class but error occured with 'using system' (CS1519: Invalid token 'using' in class, struct, or interface member declaratio
I would like to create Web site where Polish and English pages use the same class. Polish ones use inherits 'pl' and English ones inherits 'en'. I have created these pages but a error occured with 'using system' (CS1519: Invalid token 'using' in class, struct, or interface member declaration). What is wrong? Polish page (/pl/index.aspx): //Definig inherits from the class <%@ Page Language ="C#" codefile="~/App_Data/elements.cs" inherits="pl" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.d...

Using Atlas' Javascript web service client by itself
Is it possible to use Atlas' browser-agnostic web service javascript code by itself, without the need to add a ScriptManager and all that jazz to an asp.net page?  In other words, I just want to have a javascript page calling web services, no asp.net at all. I realize the Atlas.dll is constructing a lot of javascript to write out to the response stream, but is there a way or is there code already to just use the javascript code to call a web service?  Is it easily located inside of Atlas' .js files? I appreciate all the help and any advice I can get!  Thanks! -JarredJarred ...

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

Web resources about - Should I use 'using' for every web service call on my client app? - asp.net.xml-web-services