REST Web Service : How to call a web service method by REST way ?

Hi buddy,

Can anyone tell me that how do i call a method through a web service by a REST way.
I have one local application (with C#.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005) and I want to call a Web Service method which is created on a remote machine.
I have to call that method from my web application by using a REST (Representational State Transfer) way. I have a WSDL file.
Please provide me technical details to make this happen.
I want exact code to achieve this.
Please please its urgent....

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Mitesh.

Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem.
0
mit_ce

Which Version of .net framework u r using ?

[It is more easier with .net 3.5]

Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47
5/15/2008 7:05:23 AM

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with C#

Thanks,
Mitesh.

Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem.
0
mit_ce
5/15/2008 7:08:47 AM

 Hi please refer the below link,

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/03/02/restful.html

Shah Dharnendra G
Sr.Analyst Programmer,
GTL-Ahmedabad
0
dharnendra
5/15/2008 8:45:49 AM

 Visit this link: http://softwareprogramminghelp.blogspot.com/

0
desaivishal11

REST :The Way to Call a Web Service Method in a REST way.
Is there anyone who can show me the way to call a method through a web service by REST way.I am using C#.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 for my application and to add a web reference i have only WSDL file.I want to just CALL a Web Service method in a REST way.. (I dont know how does it differ from SOAP call ?). Do i need to add anything special in my code so that it becomes a REST way call of a method instead of SOAP ?I have read lots of theory about this on internet but coudn't find any technical detail about to implement this.Please provide me technical details to make this happen.I ...

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Calling an asynch web service within an asynch web service.
I have read two different articles regarding optimizing thread pool utilization by calling asynchrounous web methods and then calling an asynchronous method within them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service10012002.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx The first article has an asynch web service method asynchronously calling another web service method. The second article has an asynch web service method spawning a new .NET thread and asynchronously calling it. I would like to use...

Web resources about - REST Web Service : How to call a web service method by REST way ? - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

First locals return to Wye River as pub reopens its doors to emergency services workers
While Wye River residents wait anxiously to return to their bushfire-ravaged homes, the family who owned the pub returned to a ghost town to ...

2016 will see the rise of DDoS-as-a-service
... housing sensitive data, such as credit card details or other personally identifiable information". It also predicts a rise in DDoS-as-a-service ...

Get your Amazon Web Services certification and launch your IT career
Become a cloud guru and an in-demand IT employee. Get the Amazon Web Services certification bundle at the BGR Store for $29 . Continue reading... ...

Evolution of Shipping: Amazon Starts Own Air Cargo and Trucking Services
Evolution of Shipping After announcing Amazon Prime , free Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases, Amazon followed up Air Prime , a future ...

Duchess Kate wore a $1895 Sportmax coat to Christmas church services: cute?
... what her wardrobe needed: another green coat that looks like everything else! Kate wore this Sportmax coat to the Christmas Day church service ...

Obama to service members: We never take you for granted
CNN Obama to service members: We never take you for granted CNN Washington (CNN) President Barack Obama thanked troops and their families ...

Hilton’s DoubleTree Hotel Now Offering Fee Packages For Extras Like WiFi, Drink Service
Just like airlines, hotels charge customers an array of fees for everything from WiFi access, minibar usage, premium coffee, and other little ...

Taiwan market: Visa, E.Sun Bank to cooperate to offer HCE mobile payment services
... a software architecture that provides virtual representations of various electronic identity cards using software, mobile payment services in ...

Comcast Gigabit Service Goes Live
The Internet provider just released a new protocol in Philadelphia that can increase broadband speeds almost tenfold.