Problem Importing Web Service

I have created a web service in a virtual directory using VS 2008. I have tested the service by going to the .asmx page and everything is working fine. So I selected the "Add web reference" option under the solution and typed in the .asmx URL. It found the web service successfully and added the reference to the project. However, when I try to import the service namespace using the same name as the directory under the "App_WebReferences" folder, it doesn't recognize the name and gives me an error if I try to import it. Have I missed any steps in the process?

~ Brian
0
Siwelb

Can you please post the error you are getting?

Refer below article and check if you are missing any step;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f3st0d45(VS.80).aspx

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd
5/2/2009 5:02:35 AM

 Well, it's not so much an error message, as it is not being able to write any code.  So far, I have added the URL of the Service.asmx by selecting both "Adding a Service Reference" and "Adding a Web Reference".  I have manually generated a proxy class for the web service by going into the VS 2008 Command line tool and have added the resulting VB class file to my client application which I am using to consume the web service.  However, when I go to import my web service, using the correct namespace and everything, I get no Intellisense and am unable to import it.

~ Brian
0
Siwelb
5/4/2009 1:28:59 PM

 Never mind, I was finally able to figure it out.  For some reason, the namespace was simply "Service", which is really weird, but I'm going to try to see if I can change it to something easier to understand.

~ Brian
0
Siwelb

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

SOAP Web Service Problem (problema con un web service)
Please help, I can't read a webservice method (webmethod) from asmx web service, with Delphi firemonkey, In my first try I put a WDSL Importer, and I can retrive data from simplex type (string, booleans, integers) but when the method returns a DataSet, i loose my way. Por favor, ayuda, no puedo leer datos de un web service si el metodo que regresa es un DataSet, el web service esta hecho en dot.net así que es un asmx, utilizando el WDSL importes, traje datos sencillos como enteros, boleanos y otros, pero en el caso de arreglos como un DataSet no lo he conseguido, estoy perdido, y l...

Is web services a part of web Service?

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Asasp.net web service and xml problem
Hi all ,Im using ,net framework 2.0This is the web service I wrote by request of AS developer (Action script) but when he consume the service  he got the result like this .. <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">   <soap:Body>     <GetTransportDetailsResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">       <GetTransportDetailsResult>&lt;TransportMethods&a...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

web services calling services simultaneosly problem in .net 2.0
hi i m facing a problemwe are using desktop client and webservices in that client request the a webservice asyncthat remains on server until a specific condition is satisfiedand rest of the web services are called syncronsly these services run on localhost without any problembut if client and server machines are diffrent it hangs the applicationdont knw wht is the reasn and after some time operation has timed out exceptions comelet me tell u one more thingboth the services are using different sessionsthanx in advance for ur help   i have made sample application to test the scnerio...

Web resources about - Problem Importing Web Service - asp.net.xml-web-services

Viral Channels: Hi5 Adds Contact Importing to App Invite Flow
... social networking platform I’ve seen, hi5 announced tonight that it is adding the ability for users to invite non-hi5 friends to apps by importing ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Tony Abbott considers importing US-style school program with private industry involvement
Tony Abbott is considering an unprecedented Americanisation of the school education system with radical changes that could see HECS-style fees ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Sydney grandmother Lorn Cheng arrested for allegedly importing heroin in 252 pellets
Brenda filed a missing persons report last Friday, concerned that her mother hadn't returned from a holiday in Cambodia when she said she would. ...

Importing more fads from failed systems
Fast-tracking talented professionals into the classroom is yet another imported fad from England and the US - both of which are failed education ...

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...