multiple web services vs one web service?

Hi,
Can someone tell me in term of performance and flexibility which approach is better:
 Using multiple web services within an application, each web service contains only 1 web method VS using a single Web Service with multiple web methods..(each web method will retrieve data from  the database and populate the Web form).
I want to know if it is better to transform each web method to web service or to regroup all web methods in only one Web Service.

Thanks in advance.
0
KMas2005

Use one WebService.

For each Web Service you'll need a WebReference in VS.
1 WebService = 1 WebReference
5 WebServices = 5 WebReferences

What you'll gain is flexibility when you move the WS's to a different server or change the virtual directory.

And when you tell a client/customer that for each WebMethod they want to call they'll need to create a seprate WebReference.

Oh, and security and code reuse.

If you still want to multi-WebServices then you should group them by Business Components.

Just my 2cents.

0
swordfish666
10/12/2005 2:14:47 PM
Thank you very much for your reply.. It will be hepfull for me..
0
KMas2005
10/12/2005 6:20:47 PM
my business component has different classes depending on the functionality that i have for example i have class called Group and another one called Addresses. my project idea will be addresses that have contact details ....... what i was thinking to have is one web service project that have many web service files like Group and Addresses which is similar format to the Business component ... is that a good design or it is better to have only one file in the class that contains all methods!!!! just i want to ensure i am approaching the best design as i am not expert in WS
Fadil Alnassar
www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Control
http://www.mefranchising.com
0
fadil1977

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

MPS Web Services VS WES Web services
Hi All, I am new to this post and I am looking for clarifications on HMC 4.5 provisioning. I am building an sample application that uses the MPS Web Services to provision HMC 4.5. I am confused with the terminology difference between a MPS Web Service and a WES  Web service. I have a architecture diagram for HMC 4.5 provisioning where in MPS can be connected to as follows: a) Sample Provisioning UI ----> MPS Web Services ------> MPF Client Wrapper .Net ----> .....  b) Connected Services Framework (CSF) ----> WES Web Services -----&g...

Is web services a part of web Service?

one web service controlling other web service throught a threading
I am creating multiple web service on the fly but I want the main web service which contains a thread to control other web services. is this possible to do, a small code example would help me a lot. The whole purpose of this is to control multiple devices over the internet from the Server. So every time a user install a device a new web service would be created on the fly and would be control by the main web service’s thread. I am open for other ideas of tacking this problem. I am stuck here for a longest time.... Thank you in advance.... take a look at ASync web service ca...

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL description...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web resources about - multiple web services vs one web service? - asp.net.xml-web-services

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Multiple Jobholders Artificially Boost "Full-Time" Employment: Does the Sum of the Parts Equal the Whole ...
... pretty much confirms what I have said about Obamacare boosting part-time employment at the expense of full time jobs. Please consider Multiple ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

Jim Cramer on balancing multiple jobs, his Brooklyn bar, and the Jon Stewart interview - Business Insider ...
It was during law school that Cramer started recommending and trading stocks, which led to becoming a stockbroker at Goldman Sachs.

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Watch Hero Philly Cop Get Shot Multiple Times And Then Give Chase
Watch Hero Philly Cop Get Shot Multiple Times And Then Give Chase

Facebook tests multiple News Feeds based on your interests
... yearning for a way to cut through the clutter that is your Facebook News Feed, you may soon be in luck. The social network is testing multiple ...

Finally Tim Cook Wakes Up, Valuing Apple's App Store Using Netflix Multiple
Finally Tim Cook Wakes Up, Valuing Apple's App Store Using Netflix Multiple