max size for web service request

Is there any recommendation regarding the max size for web service requests?

I'd imagine that that there's some sort of recommendation for this for web apps since it could take a while to send a 2 MB web service request over the wire when the user clicks the Submit button.

Are there any recommended limits for the web service request size for backend processes, like for ETL data loading purposes?

0
dotnetterAMG123

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Web resources about - max size for web service request - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

This Chinese Public Service Ad Brought to You By a Talking Fetus
The environment, especially air pollution, can be a sensitive topic in China. So it's interesting to see a public service message from the state-owned ...

Disney launches DisneyLife, a UK-exclusive online streaming service
Disney has entered the online streaming market with DisneyLife, a brand new service that launched in the United Kingdom on Tuesday (with a global ...

Researchers poke hole in custom crypto protecting Amazon Web Services
... cryptographic software, academic researchers recently uncovered a potentially game-over weakness in a code library protecting Amazon Web Services. ...

Amazon Reports of Air Freight Service Just the Start, Says Baird
... at $674.43, following an article this morning on Motherboard by Kari Paul stating the company has developed its own trial air cargo service, ...

Ultimate pirate TV streaming service returns with hundreds of channels and new features
This past May, we were among the first to tell the world about a pirate TV service called cCloud TV . The service made a name for itself by collecting ...

5 Services That'll Keep the Men in Your Life Looking Effortlessly Dapper
Use these services and you'll have the sharpest-looking man in the neighborhood. Whether it's for a business trip or the upcoming holidays, ...

Alphabet is reportedly going to make its subsidiaries pay for Google's services
... to do their own recruiting or build their own technical infrastructure if they feel up to it. But if they want to use the established services ...

Report: Juniper Is Eating Cisco's Lunch In U.S. Service Provider Routing Market
Report: Juniper Is Eating Cisco's Lunch In U.S. Service Provider Routing Market CRN Juniper Networks appears to be on a comeback in the U.S. ...

The Postal Service Doesn’t Even Deliver Mail Well, And Some People Want To Make Them Bankers
The Postal Service Doesn’t Even Deliver Mail Well, And Some People Want To Make Them Bankers