Is web services a part of web Service?

I have a question: Is web services a part of web server?? And when the client calls web service, it means that client calls web server??

Or is it a different entity in itself which communicates separately both with client and server and acts as middleware application..

I am very confused..

Can someone explain me the architecture...???

Thanks..

This credits the member,earns you a point & marks your thread as Resolved so that new users will know where to search for their queries.
0
som

When you build and deploy your web service, you will deploy it to your web server.  Typically, you could add in security certificates, etc.  The web service itself gives applications the ability to work outside of a sandbox model b/c they can be accessed through different protocols, HTTP probably being the most popular.

 Hope that helps.

Joseph Baggett

http://www.myitstudio.com

MCSD, MCPD: Web Developer, MCITP: Database Developer, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCTS: .NET 2.0 Web Applications, MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications, MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications, MCAD, MCP

If the project doesn't work, blame Scott Guthrie and/or refer to the problem solving flowsheet. O.~
0
Joseph

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Web Service invoking another Web Service
hello, I have a web service and I have to consume another web method of some other web service. I have to do everything through code. [I cannot use "Add Web Reference" utility in the VS.NET]. I am using C# for coding the web service. Thanks in advance. Phanikum Yep, You could do that! Basically you have to use WSDL.exe http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Once you have proxyclass in a file from WSDL.EXE, make an assembly and use that in your app! Sreedharhtt...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Web resources about - Is web services a part of web Service? - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Melbourne Storm, St George-Illawarra Dragons continue Emergency Services Cup
Melbourne Storm will give 1000 tickets to fire fighters and other emergency services members for their opening home game against St George-Illawarra. ...

Netflix starts blocking VPNs, proxies, and other unblocking services
... VPNs. Last week, on January 14, Netflix said that it would begin cracking down on customers who use VPNs, proxies, or other "unblocking" services ...

Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services
Bluelock Certified with Advanced Designations to Provide Cisco Powered Cloud and Managed Services Business Wire (press release) INDIANAPOLIS(BUSINESS ...

Uber Expands On-Demand Food Delivery Service To 10 More Cities
... the world at large can now simply order their meals from their Uber app. The ride-hailing company expanded its UberEATS meal-delivery service ...

SEPTA to suspend most service at 4 a.m.
UPPER DARBY >> Forget using SEPTA to get around at the height of the monster snow storm that is bearing down on the region.

Digitimes Research: Amazon launches Alpine chips to support its entertainment services
... in January 2015, Amazon has recently launched its Alpine family chips for front-end network and multimedia applications. The Internet service ...

IBM buys Ustream to power its new video services division
... planning to nab video livestreaming company Ustream, the deal is official. The internet broadcast outfit will join IBM's new Cloud Video Services ...

IBM Buys Ustream, Launches Cloud Video Services Unit
With its acquisition of Ustream, a provider of cloud-based video streaming services, IBM announced the launch of a new cloud video services unit. ...

General Motors Embraces The Future With Car-Sharing Service Maven
Maven, the new umbrella brand for General Motors's car-sharing efforts, points to a future in which car ownership is no longer the norm. It's ...