i got 'System.Net.WebException: HTTP 405: Method not allowed'.

hi everyone

i create a web service and i reference it my web site and i deployed them to windows xp iis service

when i call my web site from remote machine  and invoke webservice using submit button i got this exception

i try web site and webservice in local machine it works great .

how can i solve this problem ??

0
burakd

are you using POST to send data to the web service? perhaps where its hosted does not allow POSTS to their infastructure.

check this link : http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E405.html

hth,

mcm

0
mcmcomasp
3/20/2008 6:47:31 PM

yes i send data with web service

, i installed my iis again and i solved problem

thanks your answer again...

0
burakd

system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Error in Calling Web Service Function
Hello Friends, I am using a web service to get availability information. i have only following url http://webservices.micros.com/ows/5.1/Availability.wsdl I added Web References to the VS 2008 project , then i tried C# proxy class created from wsdl tool But when i am calling any function from code it gives following error system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Please check the following page http://go-dev.com/clients/newyorkerhotelTest/reservations.aspx And click the Check Availability Button. Please tell me what...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

WDP for VS2008 still doesn't allow web.config file section replacement of 'System.Net'
There were a series of posts on various blogs about the VS 2005 version of the WDP not allowing replacement of the 'System.Net' section. This was a rather significant oversight, in my opinion, as the three parts of web.config you would most likely want to replace would be appSettings for site specific attributes, connectionStrings for the proper database configuration, and System.Net to set up site-generated email. That being said, there was talk in the forums about fixing for the next release. Indeed, in the release notes for WDP for 2008 there was mention of fixes for config file u...

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.webservicex.net'
Hi , i gota error weni sued webservice the exception details is given as subject and here a giving the code i hav written i am beginner so pls help me out in this public partial class Weather : System.Web.UI.Page {string City; string Country;StockQuote stock = new StockQuote();  GlobalWeather oObj = new GlobalWeather();   string var;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {       }protected void btnGo_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  var= stock.GetQuote("GVK");this.Response.Write("myQuote='" + var ...

'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll
HI, I am trying to call a webservice that is running at another server and the webservice accesses data from the database on the same server. I have checked the database permissions and stuff, but I am getting this error.. I am not sure why the user name is displayed as 'null' ???? An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. You're accesing a S...

'System.Web.UI.IDataItemContainer.DataItem' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'
On the line "<%# Container.DataItem("BlogID") %>", I get the error listed in the title of this post. I'm not sure why, I use this same for on other pages to get data from a database and I don't get this error.         <asp:GridView ID="GridView1"         runat="server"         AutoGenerateColumns="False"         DataKeyNames="BlogID"        D...

Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET"
Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET",and i can n't find the file "System.web.UI.dll" from the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework",so anyone can help me solve it thanks there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies... System.Web.UI is namespace, not an assembly. Add "System.Web.dll" and that will include System.Web.UI.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Is your project a web project? To me, it looks like missing system.web.dll in your reference I think you need to reference system.web in the References...

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItem.DataItem' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'
 HI I have a datalist with OnItemDataBoundI get the following error when I try to get the DataItem 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItem.DataItem' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method' , any idea what's wrong with the line ?  public void Item_Bound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e)    {        Label originalPriceLabel;        if (e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item | e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)        {    &n...

'System.Web.HttpContext.Session' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method
Hello, I'm trying to set my sessions into a class so I can set and access it easily. I get a 'System.Web.HttpContext.Session' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method' error, can you see what's wrong with my code ?  Thanks  public class SessionManager    {                public static bool isLogged        {            get        &nb...

CS0118: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.DataItem' denotes a 'property' where a 'method' was expected
Hai .....,            In my datagrid, I would to display information using this ItemTemplate tag. But when i execute my page, I get the following error:CS0118: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.DataItem' denotes a 'property' where a 'method' was expected            In VB.NET, it is working perfectly but in C# it's not. I know to display data using DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Field"), but would like Container.DataItem("Field") to work. Regards,HemantThanx and Regar...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'
I am using the AJAX Toolkit AutoCompleteExtender and it works great on my Dev machine but posted live I get the following error:  'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - Line 11 is the culprit apparently.1 Line 9: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ 2 Line 10: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ 3 Line 11: <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ 4 Line 12: Public Class SearchSuggest 5 Line 13: Inherits System.Web.Se...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Web resources about - i got 'System.Net.WebException: HTTP 405: Method not allowed'. - asp.net.xml-web-services