HTTP/1.0 GET 400 - BadRequest

Hi All,

Getting http/1.0 400 bad request exception when calling a web service from a web application.

1. Not for every user but for specific users.
2. Not able to reproduce with same data in local envornment.
3. HttpError lohs files shows the HTTP/1.0 GET /dms/DMSDump 400 - BadRequest - (Why http 1.0 ?)

Have been working on this issue from many days not even closer to the solutions

1. I know there is problem in the request but not able to figure out where is the problem.
2. We are sending base64 format of data to the service.

Please help in finding the issue

Thanks & regards,
Sandeep

Thanks & Regards
Sandeep

If you want something you never had,
do something you have never done!
0
sandeep_akhare

See below link, it is helpful for you.

http://dotnet-naresh.blogspot.com/

Thanks
Naresh Prakash.
Click Here : Sky is the not limit

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
nareshprakash
5/2/2009 11:56:28 AM

Thanks for reply Naresh,

But i don't think it is related to the subject.

Thanks & Regards
Sandeep

If you want something you never had,
do something you have never done!
0
sandeep_akhare

Consume 1.1 web service with WSE from .NET 2.0
We have an existing web service that was written in VS 2003/.NET 1.1, that uses the Web Services Enhancements for authentication (Microsoft.System.Web.Service2).  I want to revamp the client that is connecting to it with a new ASP.NET 2.0 app, but I'm running into some problems.The old client was written in 1.1, and also used those same WSE libraries.  According to that site, there is a new WSE 3 for VS2005 and 2.0, and the older WSE versions only work with VS2003.  Is this true?  How can I connect to a web service that was written in 1.1 using WSE then from .NET 2.0?&nbs...

Security Recommendation: Disable HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST Protocols for Production XML Web Services!!!
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/disHTT.asp?frame=true Security Recommendation: Disable HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST Protocols for Production XML Web Services Microsoft Corporation February 2002 Summary: For security reasons, Web service operators may want to disable the HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST messaging protocols for XML Web services. Disabling these protocols will help prevent external Web sites from maliciously communicating with XML Web services on your intranet. (5 printed pages) Contents Introduction Disabling HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

I have 1.0.4 and web services says I need to install 1.0,4
I am trying to follow the link from the extensions module and when it opens in a browser it says that I need 1.0.4 and I already have 1.0.4. I reinstalled 1.0.4 and that did not fix it - any ideas? I can't get to the extensions page no matter how hard I try. looped wrote: > I am trying to follow the link from the extensions module and when it > opens in a browser it says that I need 1.0.4 and I already have 1.0.4. > I reinstalled 1.0.4 and that did not fix it - any ideas? I can't get > to the extensions page no matter how hard I try. Maybe you have an extensio...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

Web resources about - HTTP/1.0 GET 400 - BadRequest - asp.net.xml-web-services

Moving from Action Filters to Message Handlers
The updated code for the Web API project can be found here In the last post on Making Your ASP.NET Web API’s Secure , I received some very useful ...

One ASP.NET
ASP.NET MVC 4 Beta came out last week. It's got lots of new features as well as some surprises that move us closer to the "One ASP.NET" idea. ...

Mailplane 2: Bad Request Error
You might get an ‘Unknown error: BadRequest’ message if trying to sign in to your Gmail account via Mailplane 2. It is happening because Google ...

#!/usr/bin/env ruby -rubygems abort "Usage: links.rb USERNAME [days ago]" unles - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive real-time faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login ...

OMGWTF2: Lipstick on a Pig
When we first started the OMGWTF2 contest, one thing that we hoped to make clear in our FAQ was that we really only wanted submitters to do his ...

RFC 3161 - Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Time-Stamp P (RFC3161)
RFC 3161 - Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Time-Stamp P

RFC 3161 - Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Time-Stamp Protocol (TSP)
Network Working Group C. AdamsRequest for Comments: 3161 EntrustCategory: Standards Track P. Cain BBN D. Pinkas Integris R. Zuccherato Entrust ...

Full Disclosure: linux rootkit in combination with nginx
Hi there,We've discovered something which looks to us like a rootkit workingtogether with proxy software like nginx. Our OS is debian squeeze ...

Making your ASP.NET Web API’s secure
Note: Code for this example is on Google Docs. SecureWebAPI SecureWebAPITest NOTE: DO NOT USE THE PUBLIC/PRIVATE KEYS IN THIS EXAMPLE IN YOUR ...