How to use a web service from a non .net provider?

I use .net framework and what I do usually is add a web reference that includes the asmx file. Now the provider doesn’t use .net and I don’t know how to use the service. I have the address of the service, I have the soap action (method) and I have the WSDL. Any help is appreciated.

0
muhi

Please don't post the same question in multiple places, without waiting to see if it's answered the first place you posted it. I answered this on the MSDN forum.

The answer, for those reading it here is to specify the location of the WSDL to "Add Web Reference".

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

.NET Web Service and Non .NET programe
When we develop a web service by VB.NET. Then i use visual basic, Microsoft access, asp. Can these stuff access to my web service ? Means you want to access Webserver developed in VB.NET in ASP application?Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

What do non-.net users need to do to consume a .net web service?
Hello, I'm very new to web service world and haven't had much chance to do much reading on theory and architecture yet. So I'm asked to create one for someone external to my organization (still inside my company). I make one, test it, deploy it, consume it. Go me. It was very easy within my comfortable .net shop. However, the intended consumer is not a .Net shop (J2EE). I was under the impression that if I sent in a GET request to the asmx file, I would get XML back. This turned out to be not the case and I had to use the proxy file to prove that I could consume the service. S...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference
Hi, I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I have so far is :- "As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the URL: http://ctm.mobilling.it/SmsComApi/Sms.svc . Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below: {c...

Re: Using XML Web Service in VS.NET
Dear all, I added a "test.asmx" file in my current project and I coded all Web Method in the test.asmx.cs in VS.NET. Now I want to ask how can I call the web methods in other C# Class? Suppose the class name of the asmx is "test". How can I instantiate the object of that class? Regards, Joe someone can correct me on this.... i hav done a walkthrough using XML webservice. I have created a windows application that can call methods from the webservice, with the use of a dataset in the webservice. after "adding a web reference" to my windows appli...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web resources about - How to use a web service from a non .net provider? - asp.net.xml-web-services

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Purchases Wildfire, A Facebook Marketing Software Provider
... search engine is working to change that. Google has purchased Wildfire , which helps businesses master Facebook, the marketing software provider ...

Phone and internet complaints fall at most providers
Optus has overtaken Vodafone as the most complained-about phone and internet provider per customer in Australia, according to an industry survey. ...

Online payment providers duel for supremacy
The proliferation of smartphones is presenting a once-in-a-generation opportunity to introduce a new paradigm.

KGI expects Apple to sell 2.5M iPad Pros in Q4 as TSMC found to be sole provider of A9x chip
... in January, although it’s unclear if it will breakdown iPad Pro numbers specifically. Also of note, Kuo shares that TSMC is the sole provider ...

How extorted e-mail provider got back online after crippling DDoS attack
Enlarge (credit: www.govcert.admin.ch/ ) ProtonMail, the encrypted e-mail provider that buckled under crippling denial-of-service attacks even ...

Pacific Controls Is Recognised Among ‘50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015’ by CIOReview Magazine ...
Pacific Controls is recognised among &lsquo;50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015&rsquo; by CIOReview magazine

Health providers under pressure
Pressure from insurance company negotiations and higher drug costs are forcing hospitals to become more efficient, health-care chiefs said.

UK Internet provider TalkTalk hit by 'significant, sustained cyberattack'
... at the company in the last 12 months. TalkTalk acknowledges that some of its data wasn't protected by encryption. UK phone and broadband provider ...