Hosting a webservice for windows xpe

 Hi,

I need to create webservice in .Net and host it in iis and then create a runtime image which wil be deployed in some target machine ie windows xpe.

Can anyone help me out in providing some detailed information ???

priya

Step1: Create the WebService using VS

Step2: Create a Virtual Directory Under IIS for the WebService.,

Step3: Use the url to consume it in the application. In Real time scenario also you have to do it in the same way.

THIS REDUCES TIME FOR OTHERS..!
0
SurendraKishore
4/30/2009 1:05:20 PM

 Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your reply but the solution which you have provided is for hosting webservices in normal PCs but my problem is for hosting it in windows xpe machine.To host component in wndows xpe machine we need to create a runtime image .So how to create a runtime image for iis hosted web service??

priya

is it possible to exporting XML file from a website to windows application through .Net Remoting or web services
Hello everyone ..i have a website through which i want interact with a desktop appplication to send a XML file.With .Net Remoting i think it's possible but abt webservices i m nt sure is it possible with .Net Remoting or Web Services???plz clear me abt it.    Possible with web services. Expose a web method and add a reference to the webservice to your windows application and call the web methodJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  Hello Jeev..sorry for replying late.But I think my scenari...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

Web Services and windows Services
Hello, I create a web services for my web application and i want to use this web service for my windows service,too..However, when i add web reference to my windos service, i cant call it..Is there any article or link or idea about it? Thank you ver much.....

web service , windows service
 whats the different between web service and windows service.In which situation we have using this concepts. Regards,Viji  A web service is web-based (obviously), and acts more like either 1) a component, or 2) a way to append, view, update, etc., the data in your system. For example, you could have a simple webservice that acts like a component, doing nothing but adding two numbers together and returning the result. (You pass in the parameters to add.) For example 2, look a PayPal or UPS.  (PayPal really uses cgi-based info accessing to retrieve data from form fields...

Web Service or Windows Service?
Hi,I've only been starting to learn web recently. And I am totally new to web developing. I just have a few questions related to both services:1. What are the differences between the two? 2. Say I want to develop web application to automatically send out emails at specified time. Which service should i use or both of them to work?3. Can you provide some links for further readings or samples for the very beginner like me? :pThanks & Rgds,Dav.  Davuth 1)Windows service is not a web based whereas the webservice is webbased2)Windows service will start as windows will start wh...

Web Service or Windows Service
I'm kinda new to asp.net but I've got a web site that needs to send emails to lots of users at any given moment the administrator wants... it goes like this... Choose the groups Check for the users withing the group A,B,C..... Send email.... It takes a lot of time waiting for the process to finish, and I don't want the administrator to sit there the time it takes, so I was wondering if i could use a web service to make all of this happen without the user waiting for the page to refresh, like making a job pool and calling the web service to execute the jobs independently.... T...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

any open source of xml .net web services?
any open source available for xml .net web services by using either vb.net or c#? please advise, thanks. I am not sure how to adapt framework. Basically I want to setup xml web services for people who is using colf fusion to connect my app. Also, what about sqlxml? you can host iis as soap calls too? which one is better sqlxml web service? or xml .net web services? please advise too. thanks for the help...

Web resources about - Hosting a webservice for windows xpe - asp.net.xml-web-services

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...