Hi All, Can anbody tell me about invoking a XML web service directly thruogh XML via http POST

I have developed a web service,in which user will send XML Request via http POST.Can anybody tell me how to invoke it without any user interface.My Web Sercie will uploaded in client server,and the user will send the requset to that url .Can it possible to workout,without consuming web service.Please help me out

Note:I have done web service in VB.NET/SP.NET v2.0.

0
bluerose1979

I'm not sure that I understand your question.

Do you know that you can consume a web service in a program that has no user interface? You don't need a user interface, but if you do not consume the web service in something, then what will be sending XML to the web service?

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3
9/22/2008 6:57:40 PM

Hi johnwsaunders3,

Thanks for your reply.

The web request is coming from another webserver ,they send it through http POST to our web service.So I need to invoke my web service against their request process the needful and give a proper response.Is it possible without consuming the web service?When the user targets the url of the web service ,can it possible to invoke automatically,without using any proxy servers?

0
bluerose1979
9/23/2008 3:38:53 AM

You may be confusing the concepts of "proxy class" with "proxy server". When you consume a web service by adding a web reference, it generates a proxy class. This class stands in for the real web service class on the server. Instead of calling the server class directly (which is impossible), you call the methods of the proxy class. These methods take your parameters, package them as XML, send them to the service; take the response from the service and turns it back into objects.

This has nothing to do with a proxy server, which is a piece of software and/or hardware that makes Internet requests on behalf of other machines.

As to whether the other web service can access yours without using a web reference, yes, they can. In fact your service will never know the difference. The other web service could even use a proxy class if they wanted to.

John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer
0
johnwsaunders3

XML vs XML Web Services
I'm getting up to speed with XML and have the following questions: 1) Knowing XML means knowing how to design and create XML Web Services? 2) I found the amount of details on XML/XML Web services overwhelming, harder to digest than HTML or a new language. What's the best approach to learn and use it? Thanks.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" 1. No. They are different things 2. I'd start with a basic XML foundation (basic XML, XPath, and XSD), then review the basic WS things: soap, WSDL, and then from there on move to the WS-specs.Tomas Restrepo ...

creating XML or XML Web Services?
Hi, I know XML is basically creating a file that allowed multiple applications to get data from the XML file ... and I am wondering .. why there is XML Web Services? What are the differences between these two? I am trying to create a Session that will keep update the value whenever it navigate to any page ... and get the Session value in multiple applications. In my guess, stores Session[] in XML file should work for what I am trying to do ... but what exactly is this XML Web Services? In what kind of situation we use XML or vice versa? All developers, even novices and hobbyists, must be a...

Web Service
Hi, I'm writing a web service to receive XML, but via SOAP it fails (at times), but HTTP post works. This causes it to fail (web service doesn't respond at all to the request) <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">  <soap:Body>    <HelloWorld xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">      <strInput><foo bar="true"/></strInput>    </HelloWorld>  </soap:Body><...

xml stream from client to xml web service
I'm trying to send a serialized object based of an xsd to an xml web service by an xml stream. I've serialized it into a MemoryStream and trying to sent it to the service that I've made. The service should except this xml stream and create a serialized class of his own.   Giving the fact that I need to pass the Object as an xml stream, is it a good choisse to take a MemoryStream class for me? Trying to pass the MemoryStream instance made at the client side I get a compilation error as the instance made at the client side is recognized as a System.Io.MemoryStream while the argum...

Security Recommendation: Disable HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST Protocols for Production XML Web Services!!!
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/disHTT.asp?frame=true Security Recommendation: Disable HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST Protocols for Production XML Web Services Microsoft Corporation February 2002 Summary: For security reasons, Web service operators may want to disable the HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST messaging protocols for XML Web services. Disabling these protocols will help prevent external Web sites from maliciously communicating with XML Web services on your intranet. (5 printed pages) Contents Introduction Disabling HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST...

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Passing an XML string as part of an XML Web Service
Hi there I am not too sure how to explain this but here goes..... I have a Web Service and I need to pass an XML page in the form of a string to a web service. My web service takes in 5 fields and one of those 5 fields is a string which is an xml page in the form of a string. I need to pass that string onto a COM object.Is it possible to pass XML in the form of a string to a web service or will that cause the web service to error?The web service is normally called from a PL/SQL stored procedure. If thats of any use.  Hi You can pass that XML string to the web method as a parameter.See...

Can an HTML form post to an XML Web Service?
Is this possible? I want an HTML form to post to an XML Web Service method. When I invoke the following form, I get:  System.InvalidOperationException: TestForm Web Service method name is not valid.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize()   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing) Help is always appreciated; here's the code:  <form id="frmConnect" action="http://localhost/TestApp...

XML Web service , Web form
hi i hope if u could help me in what i am making so i have a web form that does the collection of the information from the user when he hits the button this data must be sent to the xml web service but this service must deliver this data in xml then i read the information and insert it to the sql serevr Database could you help me becouse iam soo confused about where to start and what is the stuff to search in it iam new in the xml stuff help me pleaseeeeee“To be incredible you must produce great work”Visit My Bloghttp://www.dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/hussein My first question is why are yo...

SQLDataAdapter writes different XML than the XML Web Service returns
I have an XML Web Service written in VB.Net 2.0  I use a SQL data adapter to return read only data from a database. If I use the writexml method of the data adapter it writes an xml file to disk which seems to be formatted perfectly. When I return the XML data from the service with (dataadapter.writexml(dataset)) it appends the anytype element, which is giving me trouble transforming with XSL. Is there a way to return the XML looking the same as what gets written to a file? Or am I not understanding what the anytype node is for or how to deal with it? Thank you for any help Writt...

Problem: Web Service to receive XML String from HTTP POST
Greetings, I have worked SO hard to do this, haven't succeeded yet, and I'm running out of time.  Please help...  Thank you, Rick. My web service expects to receive an XML string via HTTP Post.  I'm trying to build the service and the client for testing.  For now, the XML will be entered in  a multiline Textbox contained in a Form on ASPX page. I worked to adapt some code I found in this forum. But, no go. I know there's something wrong with my HTTPRequest object parm...but I don't know what to change it to: Imports System.Data Imports System.Web Imp...

Problems sending XML to a web service via HTTP PUT
I am creating a web service that allows the creation of an object via a HTTP POST to a specific URI.  While this is working, I wanted to be able to update an existing object by sending an HTTP PUT request to the same URI. Initially when I tried to send data from a client aspx file, I was receiving 403 (Unauthorized) errors, but this was corrected when I allowed the PUT verb for .asmx files in the Application Configuration menu in ISS. Now when I try to access the method using an HTTP PUT, I receive a generic 500 Internal Server Error, and the web service does not even enter...

Sending XML message to a URL which is not a web service using HTTP-POST
I wanted to send XML message to a URL which is not a web service using HTTP-POST.The URL is of servlet on remote server. The xml format for the xml message is <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Request>   <Source> <RequestorID Client="123456" EMailAddress="clientName@client.co.uk" Password="clientPassword" />     <RequestorPreferences Language="en">                 <RequestMode>SYNCHRONOUS</RequestMode>     </RequestorPref...

Web resources about - Hi All, Can anbody tell me about invoking a XML web service directly thruogh XML via http POST - asp.net.xml-web-services

Invoking the power... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Strobist: gridspot on face, one flash behind model on a low stand, hairlight on top of the rack camera right (snooted but still visible, removed ...

Senate Republican Leaders Push a Yes Vote On Invoking Cloture on House Bill - YouTube
Cruz: A vote for cloture is a vote for Obamacare http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2013/09/cruz-a-vote-for-cloture-is-a-vote-for-o ...

Invoking God, Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses - CTV News
A county clerk in Kentucky has again refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, invoking her religious beliefs and 'God's authority'- ...

Cop To Cameraman: ‘If You’re Invoking Your Rights, You Must Be Doing Something Wrong’
America in the 21st Century is not as up on the Bill of Rights as you'd hope.

Alabama judges are invoking Jim Crow laws to avoid issuing marriage licenses
In case there was any confusion about the fact that social conservatives’ massive resistance to same-sex marriage is a direct descendant of their ...

Is Palin Invoking Locke’s Right Of Rebellion?
... rebellion against the government of the United States. Having the lost the appeal to the majority of Americans, they will soon be invoking an ...

Autodesk sued for $10 million after invoking DMCA to stop eBay resales
A Seattle man has filed suit against Autodesk, the creators of AutoCAD, for …

Invoking the Coase Theorem for Fracking Noise
From Kevin Williamson's excellent article in National Review " The Truth About Fracking ": "There are other workaday environmental problems ...

How I solved my problem with pushup avoidance by invoking Peter Drucker
Long story short: a couple months ago my son-in-law — listening to me lament how my upper body isn't nearly as strong as it used to be and is ...

Hillary Clinton Defends Ties to Wall Street by Invoking 9/11
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton defended her ties to Wall Street by invoking the September 11, 2001 terror attack.